Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-02-21, 04:05 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, oh no about the next (and your sinuses, too)!!! I checked yesterday and the female was on the eggs, but just now both birds are on the perches, and the nest looks empty. So sad!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 05:00 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I actually went for another walk today to the park with my grandson.
I hope you like your haircut! I still have been trimming my own hair. I haven't been to a salon since February 2020.

Pat, I hope you feel better soon. Allergies can be miserable.
Oh no!! I'm sorry to hear about the osprey nest. Beth, I saw mother bird sitting on the nest so hopefully she is laying on a surviving egg. Father bird is standing nearby on the perch.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 05:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, it's a good time for walking! I used to cut my own hair sometimes when it was long, straight, and unlayered.

I have time to film more yoga videos but need new ideas! I might do a "rainy day yoga" tomorrow since we are supposed to get rain here. Sometimes I feel like I'm just repeating the same things, so if anyone has anything they'd like to see, let me know.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-03-21, 11:32 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I love yin yoga laying on my back-- figure 4, Reclining Eagle Spinal Twist Pose, stretching hamstrings with a strap, banana pose, happy baby, reclined butterfly pose, bridge with block supporting low back, plow pose, thread the needle. I also love Frog pose, sleeping swan, seal pose, wag the dog, standing forward fold, cobra, extended puppy.
Old 06-03-21, 12:12 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth, it's raining here too, nice and gloomy. Rainy day yoga sounds nice!

I found another cam in which one of the eggs just hatched and baby is being tenderly fed by Mom. A cheerer upper. Happy Family Cam

Promise to report with some kind of workout soon.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 04:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, thanks for those thoughts. I actually haven't yet filmed and all-yin practice for my channel! I'm a little hesitant b/c I think that the floor postures are harder to see by video, plus then I have to be conscious of timing the holds, keeping viewer interest during the holds, etc. But I am definitely mulling it over.

Pat, thanks for the new cam! It's nice to see, although I do still feel sad for the other family.

I did go with the rainy day theme for today's filming:
https://youtu.be/TXUbGON48VE

That went well, but this morning's exercise was frustrating because I keep getting wireless drops when I'm trying to use YouTube in my workout room, so I kept getting freezes. That was happening awhile ago, but DH thought he solved the problem for me when he restarted our router (which he did yesterday, but it didn't help). I've tried some things but can't seem to figure it out; my DVDs might wind up getting a lot more love from me!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-03-21, 04:56 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I did your Yoga for RAINY DAYS and it felt great so thank you for that!
You don't have to hold poses as long as in Yin--I still like those poses even when they aren't held long.
Old 06-03-21, 04:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Beth, I did your Yoga for RAINY DAYS and it felt great so thank you for that!
You don't have to hold poses as long as in Yin--I still like those poses even when they aren't held long.
Wow, Paine, that was quick - you must have been my first user!

I probably will try to film a yin practice sometime. I actually sketched one out to do for the studio's "On Demand" awhile back, but we never got around to filming it (Ali hasn't been doing as many On Demand videos since we started the livestream). I may use that or at least part of it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-03-21, 07:49 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

No workout yesterday as Life got in the way. Luckily Jessica Smith's Summer of Strength rotation includes two rest days per week.

Today's Workout: Was *supposed* to be Lower Body from Jessica's Walk Strong 3. However, I was a little too nervous to do this one as I haven't done it in a long time, and I wasn't sure about the intensity or if any of the moves could stress my recovering baby toe. I decided to play it safe and do segments from the lower body section of Margaret Richard's Triple Threat instead. I hope to use Jessica's Lower Body workout another time.

Beth: Jessica did have a baby about 1-2 years ago. However, to my knowledge she has kept any pictures or other info about her child off social media.

Pat58: Hope you are feeling better. Sorry to hear about the ospreys.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 07:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all, Roid Rager here. Rolleyes!!! At least I'm a little more chipper.

I managed to get on the mat and enjoy an old restorative yoga DVD, Restorative Bliss Yoga. Also made it to 3,000 steps, I'll take it.

Sandra, sounds wise to play it safe while your toe recovers. What a pain!

I hope Pam is enjoying her camping experience.

Beth, I'm definitely going to enjoy your rainy day practice this weekend. Thank you!

Paine, I'm in awe that you can trim your own hair. Wow!

Good morning to anyone who visits!

TGIF!!!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote