Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-16-21, 09:28 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Quick check in this morning: SBF Day 2 Bounce Upper Body with Weights - 21min. I will add something later but now I have to run some errands. I liked today's workout and I got to use my rebounder!

Waves to all!
Old 06-17-21, 06:28 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout was

Caroline Jordan - 10 Minute Neck Pain Free Abs Workout - 10 minutes

I opted to quit after this one. I've been fighting a 2 day headache that is bordering on being a migraine and just decided to take the remainder of the evening off.

Let me tell you - "neck pain free" does not mean easy.

Dana - Suzanne posted that she filmed some more bounce workouts this past week, so they should be showing up in her members' platform soon.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 07:25 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

SBF Day 3 - Advanced UB Core - 12min
SBF - BarreAmped Core - 7min
Gina B 2500 steps off youtube - 25min. Ads every 5 min. Youtube is getting more agressive with ads.

Carol, thanks about the update about Suzanne new bounce workouts. I'm looking forward to see what she comes up with. So far, I'm really enjoying SBF and I'm looking forward to each day's workouts although tomorrow I will do something different than the the one that's planned which is: Reset - 4m and Breathing - 12m. No interest in these but there is plenty of other workouts on Suzanne's that look interesting.

Donna, I love my rebounder but there aren't that many workouts with good music that I like to use it with. Youtube has some, but they're kind of boring. Yes, I could pick my own music to work out to but that sounds like too much bother, so I don't. That's why I'm excited for SBF bounce workouts.

It's going to be in the 90s the next several days and I'm dreading it. I'm counting days until the days start getting shorter. This endless sunlight is really affecting me.

Gotta run to the office today. Waves to all!
Old 06-17-21, 09:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We have been having nice weather here - DD and I walked yesterday evening after work.

Today, so far has been:

Moving Mango - Tropical Burn Pilates Series Day 1 - this was a nice routine. I'm not sure what else to say about it! Hannah is very soft spoken and calm and the room where she filmed is very bright and light -so it had a good vibe to it. This was a little over 30 minutes and included a warm-up and cool down. The time did not drag for me so that was good.

Hannah releases something new just about every day and has many series on her channel. I don't know how she does it!

I will probably walk more later today!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 12:21 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol what did the neck pain free exercises consist of?

Dana you had some great workouts. Good for you plugging through in spite of the ads.

Donna we have been having some nice weather here too. We sat outside for awhile just to feel the sun.

Well today was the last day of helping out my friend with her move. There was lots of donate left to take and the new owner was agreeable to letting that happen. I have packed one car load each day this week. I'm glad to be done with it, lol!

Still doing the Swing challenge..finished Day 4 and did Cathe's pyramid pump lower Timesaver premix. This was probably my least favorite Cathe lower body workout. Too many lunges for my taste. I will only use this DVD for the upper body.

Hugs to Brenda and Christine!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 06:19 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workout - with my headache still in tow - was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Full Body Workout for Women Over 50 - 25 minutes

This was from Jessica's membership site and it was about half traditional weight work and half traditional pilates moves. It hit the spot for me yesterday. I had started out with Tracie Long's Core Movement Volume 1 but yanked it out it about the 15 minute mark. It was way harder than I wanted with my aching head.

Linda - "neck pain free" ab moves were supposedly moves done with your head on the ground instead of elevated, for the most part. I don't even remember very well now. It's on Caroline's YouTube channel if you want to check it out.

Donna - I'm with you, I don't know how Hannah produces so many videos every week. I wish she wasn't quite so soft-spoken - I have a little trouble hearing her.

Carol
Old 06-18-21, 06:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

No workout to report today - yet - DD and I walked last night and I'm procrastinating this morning.

Yesterday, something weird happened to my Lab - she is up there in years - probably 12-13. I heard her struggling to get up and I ran into the room where she was in and helped her up. Her walking is worse than usual - and she seemed confused/dizzy. I'm wondering if she has/had vertigo or a small stroke?

She seems ok this morning - her walking is still off but she does seem less confused.

I helped her outside last night and she was able to do all her business outside...

I'm just not sure what is going on w/ her and today may be a trip to the vet if things are still off/weird.

It is so hard to see them age - and w/ a bigger dog, it is challenging to help them - if she was little I could just pick her up but she is 70+ pounds....and just awkward to carry.

I know the inevitable day is coming for her - but it is still hard and my other dog is going to miss her, too. They have been together since my Golden was a puppy.

Be back later after getting her mobilized.

I actually have the day off today - so that is good in case I have to take her to the vet.

Donna
Old 06-18-21, 08:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm back w/ my workout report:

Yesterday late afternoon/early evening - walk w/ DD. The weather has been perfect here this week - low humidity, not too hot and sunshine. Too bad the whole summer can't be like this - we usually get hot and humid....

Today, so far has been:

Jessica Valent - Sculpted Legs and Abs Barre

My office closed today for Juneteenth so I have the day off.

I will probably go to the barn w/ my DD when she rides her horse.

My dog seems a little better - she seems less confused/dizzy - but her walking is still not great. I took her out though and she did her business and ate her breakfast. I wonder if she injured her back or her back legs and that is the source of the problem. She has bad arthritis on her front legs...so...and now she seems to be very weak in her back legs. She can walk though....

Sigh.

Donna
Old 06-19-21, 06:54 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

SBF Total Body Fusion Barre - 24m
SBF Total Body Bounce - 11m
SBF BarreAmped Bounce Int-Adv - 21m

So far I'm really enjoying working out with Suzanne. I do most of my barre lower body on flat feet rather than on my toes, and I'm wearing Sketcher slip ons and I still feel that my quads/glutes get a good workout. I have Morton's Neuroma in my right foot and working out barefoot is out of the question for me. I like Suzanne's upper body workouts but I've noticed that at least so far, she focuses very little on biceps, so I've been sneaking some in on my own.

Donna, I'm glad your dog seems a little better. It's absolutely heartbreaking to watch our furry family members ailing.

Waves to all!
Old 06-19-21, 08:32 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning all!

Friday's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Barre Pilates Full Body Workout - 40 minutes

I enjoyed this one, but it may have been a little soon for my tender hamstring to have done a workout like this one.

Donna - So sorry about your dog! I know bigger dogs can have back problems that impact their ability to get around as they get older. Hope he is better this morning! It is so hard to watch our furry babies age.

Dana - I don't have any medical reasons that prevent me from exercising barefoot, but I don't enjoy doing it. And I don't enjoy being high on my toes, so I don't do that much either.

Carol