Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-09-21, 07:58 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Hopefully the repair will get us through the summer, but the entire unit is getting old - replacing it will cost $11K.
Shocked at the cost. Also, Carol, my hat off to you for working out in a hot house!
Old 06-10-21, 06:06 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Shocked at the cost. Also, Carol, my hat off to you for working out in a hot house!
I know! I was thinking in the 6 to 8K range, so 11K even surprised me. My technician told me that they had had some unbelievable price increases in the last year or so, which fits with everything else that's been going on.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 08:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

I switched gears again this morning and did:

Ellen - Arms & Abs - this is on her streaming site and is her version of a standing Pilates fusion blend for arms and abs. I really enjoy Ellen and these days I'm working out for mental health as well as physical health and I find Ellen to be very uplifting. I also like Pahla b/c she is very positive, funny and I relate to her.

Jessica V - 10 in 10 Pilates Series - Upper Back Stretches and 10 Min Piriformis program.

I think if I tacked on 10 min of Jessica's PT style workouts each day I'd probably do very well. I need to do that - they are all somewhat similar - usually you do some bridging and some type of hip and glute strengthening as well as stretching. She recommends doing her PT videos for 30 days in a row.

Carol - EEK! I know, prices for everything are skyrocketing. We wanted to have some home improvements done - but I'm not sure if now is the right time w/ materials being so costly....plus shortages...on the one hand, I hate to wait only to find out the prices are even higher, but on the other hand, I hate to do it now only to find out if I waited it would be cheaper.

Dana - I like the sound of that style of free trial -too often I get overwhelmed w/ too many choices.

Anyway - I must run - Happy Friday Eve!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 10:02 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Well, I was looking forward to my Day 2 video of SBF only to receive the email with.....take a rest day! So, there is no workout for today. Not much of a 7 day trial if you rest every other day and only get 2-3 workouts. We'll see what tomorrow brings and today I'll pick something else later today.

Another HOT day today and tomorrow will be even hotter. Is it Fall yet?

Waves to all!

ETA: at the bottom of this page, there are 3 unlocked workouts that I can try, so all's good. https://suzannebowenfitness.com
Old 06-10-21, 07:45 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Pahla B - June workout #4 - 26 minutes;
This was a cardio-ish standing core workout with lots of balance work. I worked up a sweat with this workout - I think it ended up being more cardio than Pahla thought it would be. Anyway, it was good - 3 30 second intervals of different exercises, each mini circuit is done twice.

Move with Nicole - 25 Minute Full Body Pilates Workout for Beginners
This one is also from YouTube. I hadn't done anything from her channel, although I've been subscribed to it for months. It was a nice workout done voice-over, filmed outside in a little patio/courtyard area with bamboo growing behind a bench with a Buddha statute. Her bio says she lives in Queensland, Australia, but I don't think she is a native Australian. She doesn't have a strong Australian accent at all. The only negative is that the voice-over didn't always sync with the video - but it wasn't distracting or bad.

It's currently 104 here, but my A/C is doing its job, thankfully!

Donna - When have prices ever come down? Except for gas prices, I can't think of much of anything that has ever decreased in price.

Waves ~ we have a "cool front" coming through tomorrow that will drop our temperatures to 93.

Carol
Old 06-11-21, 08:24 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

SBF Barre HIIT Circuit - 39min.

It's the first of the 3 free workouts at the bottom of her home website which I linked yesterday. My Day 3 (actually Day 2 workout because there was a "rest" day yesterday and no video) of the 7 day free trial just arrived in my mailbox, way too late to do it this morning since I like to workout very early. Suzanne labeled it as int/adv workout. I really liked it and feel nicely worked out but not wiped out by any means. Suzanne wore shoes and so did I, and she uses 4 lb weights while I used 3 lbs because I don't have 4 lbs.

I would have liked to add something else to this morning's workout but I'm short on time. I have to go to the office today and I'm dreading it because the AC was not working properly in the office last Tuesday and I have a feeling that the owner didn't call for service. It's supposed to be 93F with "real feel" probably close to 100F as it usually is. Carol, I know it's so much hotter in AMA but I have such a low tolerance for heat that for me 93F is unbearable.

I hope everyone is doing well. Waves!
Old 06-11-21, 08:35 AM  
fanofladyvols

I've been very active...but no formal workouts besides mobility--helping a friend pack up house of 5 kids to move by Sunday. Yesterday the youngest said she wants to call me "Amazing Aunt Linda." I'm exhausted but gotta go back today...still...so...much..to...do..

I hope you all do your best to stay cool! Hugs to all!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 08:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Very quick check in - things are crazy at work...

Today was:

Gina B- Beginner Walking Workout 2,000 steps - she is releasing a beginner series one song/500 steps at a time. It really isn't beginner per se it is very similar to her other walks, it is just being released in a way that a beginner can start at 500 steps and work up to 5,000 steps.

Jessica Valent - 10 in 10 Pilates - Pilates Power Workout -

Blogilates - Total Body Stretch - this was a total wildcard, but I enjoyed the music in Gina's workout and thought I'd try to find another w/ music (so funny b/c I can workout w/ Pahla B - no music and Jessica V - again no music!) and found this on her playlist for today. (She does a monthly calendar and she lists a playlist for each day on her You Tube Channel).
Anyway -this was a pretty good stretch - mainly for lower body/hips.

Carol - that is true about pricing - maybe I should just go for it now..LOL!

Linda - you are a good friend to do that!

Waves, Dana -

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 06:39 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Linda, you ARE an amazing friend. The very notion of moving or even helping someone move fills me with dread. Kudos to you!

Carol, temps of 104F? I think I would stay home with blinds drawn and not even look out the window. That's awful!

The AC in my office was working fine today. It appears that ALL ceiling vents in the entire office area were closed. I don't know how and who closed them. It was not readily visible so I'm glad they checked before service was called. It was, and still is, very hot outside though. Ugh.

Donna, a lot of the significantly increased prices on goods, have to do with tariffs that previous administration imposed on many imports from China. Some of these tariffs have trippled and more. Contrary to what the previous administration said and/or believed in, higher tariffs ARE passed on to the American consumer in form of price increases and China doesn't bear any expense related to it. So yes. The prices will and have skyrocketed. I know because I'm a Licensed Customs Broker and knowing tariffs, how to apply them and how they work is my job. Even the cost of the water filters I need for my refrigerator has doubled in price because of tariffs since they're all imported from China. Today my garbage disposal died and I need to replace it. Guess where it's made? I haven't priced it yet but I'm preparing myself for a sticker shock. Oh, and have you priced the light bulbs lately? They've also doubled in price. OK. Enough from me on this subject.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm looking forward to doing SBF tomorrow and I've already decided that I will sign up for at least a month of streaming. I want to do her Adversity through Persistence rotation.

Waves!
Old 06-12-21, 09:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday's workouts were

Pahla B - June workout #5 - 23 minutes;
This was a cardio workout, combined with bodyweight strength and core, and I found it sweat-inducing.

Faithful Workouts - Strength 101 - 23 minutes
Michelle has redone her website and it's now currently free to stream any of her workouts. This one was filmed in Costa Rica and uses resistance tubing with handles and a flat band loop. There wasn't any music, which is unusual.

I bought a new toy yesterday - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imdF...REFIRSTTRAINER
The exercise videos - all filmed outside in sunny Mexico - got me. I'll let you know how it is once I get it.

Dana - I've always wondered what you did - work wise. That sounds interesting! And of course tariffs result in prices going up - that just seems logical - everyone passes price increases on. So glad you are enjoying Suzanne! It's cooler here today - 90 for the high - but more humid. I'd rather have the heat than the humidity, honestly.

Linda - Helping someone get ready for a move definitely counts as exercise!

Donna - You and I must have been on the same wave-length. I was looking at doing a Blogilates workout on Thursday, but ended up doing the "Move with Nicole" workout instead.

Carol