Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-07-21, 05:49 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

SBF Challenge had actually started today. I didn't read her email (which was sent yesterday) carefully and I had assumed incorrectly that it starts tomorrow. Somehow it doesn't make it that urgent for me to subscribe immediately since I had already missed day 1 - if it makes sense to anyone. I know it doesn't, even to me, but I'm like that. If I miss the first minute of any program on TV, I won't watch it and will wait until it's on again so that I can see it from the very beginning.

I did however revisit Suzanne's streaming site and I know that I want to resubscribe sometime soon. For the time being, I'm still planning to focus on my JV and ePilates subscriptions for the remainder of the year. Both subscriptions expire in December and that will be the time to try something new.

I finally went to the mall today. We haven't been there in over a year-and-a-half and not much has changed that I could see. The mall was fairly busy (for a Monday) and there were the usual hordes of teens roaming about. The Apple Store was busy with a line outside (normal thing pre-pandemic) but one thing that surprised me was the Lord & Taylor store which was one of the anchor stores at Woodfield Mall had closed. I read that they've closed all their stores? Wow! Many, many years ago I had worked at Lord & Taylor. End of an era for me.

Waves again to all!
Old 06-07-21, 07:29 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were

Pahla B - June workout #1 - 25 minutes;
This was a bit of a MetCon type workout from Pahla. She used groupings of 3 exercises - 1 cardio, and 2 weight exercises - each for 40 seconds, so that you went back and forth between cardio and strength. I like this type of workout from Pahla.

Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates for Everybody - 25 minutes
This is a fairly new workout from Jessica - very basic with lots of modifications and layering of moves.

Dana - I know what you mean. I have to fight myself from being the same way about missing the first day and letting that ruin something for me.
Yes, I remember there was a Lord & Taylor at NorthPark mall in what used to be north Dallas when I was a girl. There was also a Neiman-Marcus there and my mother used to love to eat lunch at their tearoom. I had not heard that L & T had closed all their stores.

Donna - We did get the yardwork done. It really takes less than 30 minutes since we have turf in the back.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 07:53 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Carol, sadly it appears that all of L&T stores have closed. https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...h=1488c62a3836 I only found out today when I was checking out Woodfield Mall hours. I still have my L&T name tag with a red rose from the years I've worked there a few decades ago.
Old 06-08-21, 04:50 PM  
donnamp

Sorry I didn't post this morning!

The day just got off to a hectic start...and has continued to be hectic! Work is particularly busy and bad right now.

Today I did:

CS 1208 - Standing and Barre work
Pahla B - June Playlist Day # 7 - low impact cardio
Jessica V - 10 in 10 - Day 5 (??) - stretching

I'm not sure what to do tomorrow since I finished Pahla's workouts for June. I can continue on w/ some different workouts from Pahla or just move on to something else. Was considering an Ellen fix or maybe some longer Jessica Valent workouts...

I should probably do something that will get me some steps - since I am sitting so much of the time and probably will be doing that through June 30th.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Dana and Carol - I am also the same way about missing days, etc. and wanting to start on Day 1...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 06:12 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Pahla B - June workout #2- Walk Off Your Belly Fat - 24 minutes;
Pahla's workout was pure cardio - 20 second intervals of a cardio move, followed by 10 seconds of walking. Each move was repeated 3 times. It moved quickly and I enjoyed it, which, considering that it was cardio, is saying something. Pahla explained to us why you really couldn't fat reduce at a specific area (unless you were really, really, lucky genetically) - your body's gonna do what your body's gonna do...

Mari Winsor - Shape Pilates for Pink Core Challenge - Hips, Thighs and Butt - 10 minutes
I wanted a quick leg and hips workout and this one fit the bill. No surprises with Mari's workout.

It's supposed to hit 100 today. We are not excited. My dogs are particularly not liking the heat this year.

Donna & Dana - I think that says that we are somewhat neurotic.

Carol
Old 06-09-21, 07:58 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Nothing yet, but I signed up for 7 Days free trial for SBF. I was a member in the past but that was at least 6+ years ago and her website had changed since. I like what I see and I like Suzanne as an instructor. She's got so many different calendars and they all look good. During the trial I'll focus on the basics and form.

I'll check back later. Hi to all!
Old 06-09-21, 08:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Work has been absolutely crazy - so I haven't had much energy or time for anything else.

Today I decided to at do some of Lucy Wyndham Read's Summer HIIT challenge. I really appreciate all the free challenges she puts out! Like the Get Ready for Summer series she has you do one video for 6 days and you alternate the toning focus vides each day. The 7th day is a stretch. They are short and use body weight only - so it is easy to fit in and surprisingly for such short workouts I do find them somewhat effective. I think I will do these for the next 5 days (unless I get bored) and will add on the Jessica Valent 10 in 10 series, when I finish JV's 10 in 10, I'll re-assess.

So, today was:

Lucy Wyndham Read (LWR)- 7 Min HIIT - from Summer HIIT Series Week 1
LWR - standing abs
Jessica Valent - 10 in 10 - Cardio Pilates
Jessica Valent - Sciatica routine - needed this one due to all the sitting I have been doing lately.

Enjoy your free trial, Dana!

Carol - I really enjoyed the workouts Pahla did for June!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 08:34 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana that sounds fun! I think she'd fit in nicely with the other things you subscribe to and enjoy. SB really seems to be a very sweet woman.

Carol yikes...100?? Not enough water drinking to compensate when you're outdoors for that is there?

Donna did you decide what rotation you'll be following for awhile?

Yesterday was a kettlebells day..did conditioning drills, practiced some skills, ,some Turkish get ups and a tabata session. My daughter joined me for the Tabata

Hugs to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 07:49 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

It appears that nowadays, the 7 day free trial from SBF consists of Suzanne sending you a daily workout of her choosing, either a beginner or advanced. You do not have an access to her full library as a trial member. I chose the beginner and today I received a Beginner Workout Day 1 - 33min which I did.

The workout was lower body focused and it was excellent! I'm also happy to say that it was not a beginers (as labeled) but an intermediate workout. I liked it a lot! Another nice surprise was that I could download it (Vimeo) since it had a legit "download" arrow at the bottom. So far, I'm really happy with Day 1 and I'm looking forward to Day 2 which I'll probably receive via email late tonight.

Hope everyone is doing well. It's very hot here today and will be for the next week or so, but not as hot as in Carol's hometown. For me however, it's a struggle with endless sun, heat and humidity. I can get through this, right?
Old 06-09-21, 07:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout - in my hot house - was

Pahla B - June workout #3 - 25 minutes
This was walking with weights - 45 seconds of walking and 15 seconds of another cardio type move, all done with light weights. I started out with my 3's and quickly decided that I wanted to use my 2's instead.

Yes, it hit at least 100 today and my air conditioner had a break down this afternoon late. Luckily I was able to get someone out after hours for just an extra $50 and it was worth it to be able to have even a halfway cool house to sleep in. Hopefully the repair will get us through the summer, but the entire unit is getting old - replacing it will cost $11K.

Dana - I seem to remember that Suzanne changed that 7 day trial so that she sent a workout each day (instead of just access to the website) several years ago. I do like her website, I think it's really well done. And you're right, she has a ton of rotations posted. I'm not sure any of her workouts are easy, as in beginner easy. I think "beginner" just means that there's more setup time and more instructions for the exercises.

Linda - No, it's pretty dang hot - and there's no shade, no clouds. At least it's not very humid. In the Palo Duro Canyon, just south of us, it frequently gets to 110 degrees down in the canyon. Visitors aren't expecting that and we often have people who get into trouble down there, despite all the warning signs.

Donna - Pahla is hitting the spot for me right now and her workouts don't seem to be bothering my hamstring. After I finish June's workouts, I think I'll go back and do May's workouts.

Carol