Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-05-21, 06:17 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were

Pahla B - Body Shaping Challenge - Day 13 - 25 minutes (Cardio with Weights);
Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Quick Core Workout - Pilates for Abs at Home!

Pahla's cardio toning with weights workouts always get me! I had to struggle to keep this one "moderate" and I'm not sure I succeeded. I ended up using my 1.5 lb weights, while Pahla used her 3's. It was a good workout - step stool style, both up and down the step stool.

Linda - Getting into a PT here is hard too - it's usually a month long process, getting the doctor's appointment so you can get the PT referral and then getting into the PT. What I didn't want to do is to get roped into having to go to PT 2 or 3 times a week. Too expensive, especially when I can exercise at home just as easily, if not more so.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-21, 08:54 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I totally understand! I actually have no problem getting into one of the many PT groups but I don't think they're any good. I never could find a really knowledgeable one when I tried.

Quick question...do you get a consult as part of your subscription with her? Or a discount? ( Lol, maybe you don't have a subscription and I'm confusing who subscribes?)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 07:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Carol I totally understand! I actually have no problem getting into one of the many PT groups but I don't think they're any good. I never could find a really knowledgeable one when I tried.

Quick question...do you get a consult as part of your subscription with her? Or a discount? ( Lol, maybe you don't have a subscription and I'm confusing who subscribes?)
I do subscribe and you get a $15 discount on an hour appointment.

Carol
Old 06-06-21, 07:26 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I do subscribe and you get a $15 discount on an hour appointment.

Carol
I thought I remembered reading that at one point but wasn't sure. That's good!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 12:16 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I missed posting yesterday, so I'll catch up for today - the theme is the same for both days!

Saturday:

CS 1205
Pahla B - June Playlist Day # 4 (standing core)
Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc Routine Part # 1
Outdoor walk - HOT!!

Sunday:

CS 1206
Pahla B - June Playlist Day # 5 (body weight strength/circuit)
Jessica Valent - 10 in 10 Series - Day # 3 - Lower Body

Probably no walk today - it is super hot. DD wants to go to the mall where we haven't been since January, 2020. So we may walk there in the air conditioning. Not sure what the mask requirements are - I think technically they are not required any more, although I do see people still wearing them.

Linda - thanks for the break down of Denise's Yoga workout. The funny thing about Denise's workouts is I generally like them - it is just that she is a bit over the top.....

Carol - I hear you on PT. I may look into a consult w/ Jessica at some point as well. I would much rather exercise at home as opposed to taking the time to drive to a PT clinic. Plus, there is the issue of the referral, then dealing w/ insurance and payments. I feel that Jessica would be a good option.

Waves, everyone - it is going to be a hot one here today!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 07:39 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today was mostly a rest day, although I'm getting ready to go mow the front yard - temperatures later this week are supposed to be near 100, and I don't want to be mowing in that heat!

For workouts I did

Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Pilates for Endometriosis - 20 minutes & Beginner Ab Workout - 11 minutes

Both nice practices from Jessica. The Endometriosis one was mainly gentle movements and some stretching.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 06-07-21, 05:49 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I don't have anything to report yet, but as I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and pondering what I want to do this morning, I came across email from Suzanne Bowen announcing her Adversity Meets Persistence Challenge that starts tomorrow. I looked at the schedule and it's totally doable. I think I'll join for a month and see how that goes. I subscribed to her site few years ago and I enjoyed her workouts. https://suzannebowenfitness.com/plan...eid=f9f5a4e0c0

I'll check back with a workout later.
Old 06-07-21, 06:10 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Good morning!

I don't have anything to report yet, but as I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and pondering what I want to do this morning, I came across email from Suzanne Bowen announcing her Adversity Meets Persistence Challenge that starts tomorrow. I looked at the schedule and it's totally doable. I think I'll join for a month and see how that goes. I subscribed to her site few years ago and I enjoyed her workouts. https://suzannebowenfitness.com/plan...eid=f9f5a4e0c0

I'll check back with a workout later.
That looks good! Maybe someday I can get back to barre workouts...

Carol
Old 06-07-21, 07:46 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi again!

Leslie MM Disc 4 - miles 1, 2 & 3 - 42min.
JV Pilates Challenge with Weights - 29min.

I really enjoyed Jessica's workout and found it quite challenging. I had to modify some moves like side planks with weights but the workout itself was quite doable. I think I'm slowly warming up to JV and her style of instruction.

Carol, I hope your injury heals soon and that the consult with JV helps you find some relief.

Donna, kudos to you for walking in hot weather. The very thought fills me with dread. I'm already counting the days to cooler weather and fall.

Linda, thanks for the review of Denise Austin's Yoga from her 360 set. I may actually bring myself to try it one day.

I've decided to try SBF subscription for a month to see how I like the challenge and if I actually do the workouts. I should, because there appears to me a nice mix of cardio, weights and barre classes - enough of a mix to keep me interested.

Waves to all!
Old 06-07-21, 08:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I did get over 13K steps at the mall yesterday - DD managed to acquire some new clothes which is good - she needed some things and is very picky about style and fit.

It is going to be miserably hot, humid and stormy here this week.

Today's workouts were:

CS 1207 - Posture - Standing and Barre
Pahla B - June Playlist Day # 6 - Strength Training
Jessica Valent - 10 in 10 Challenge - Core

Dana - that does look like a nice challenge! The JV Pilates workout w/ weights is a challenging one. I have decided to re-subscribe to her site. I think I can even convince myself to do her weight workouts - they are straightforward and I feel like she presents everything well in a safe way.

Carol - nice job - on your workouts. Hope you got your lawn work done. Not a favorite chore around here.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote