Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-21, 08:28 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Pilates Cross-trainers JUNE 2021!

Good morning!

Starting us off in June. Hard to believe that we're starting the second half of 2021 already!

Gina B HIIT Walk 20m
Gina B Queen Walk 17m
ePilates Deep Core Workout 20min

Both Gina B's workouts were off youtube. I wanted to do something cheerful and uncomplicated today and Gina's upbeat personality fits the bill. ePilates is always a great choice too.

In June, I'm planning to utilize my subscription sites more than I did the first half of the year. Even though I'm very tempted to subscribe to Workout Hotel, I've decided to wait until the first of next year when 2 of my current subscriptions expire.

Gotta run to the office this morning! Waves to all!
Old 06-01-21, 09:31 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana thanks for starting us off!

Donna it was a very lovely hike.

Last time I took my husband to the trail, his legs were too tired to keep going to the top. I knew a beautiful view was waiting but he just couldn't keep climbing. I was pretty bummed because I knew we were close. Yesterday we got to the top of that trail I'm so glad he is working out now. I could tell how excited he was to be able to do it too.

Carol I feel like it's about what keeps you in the game. It's the consistency ( I think) that makes all the difference. Right now, my husband seems to need me to exercise while he's exercising. We're not even doing the same things.

So far, CS #405 Spine. Miranda has her foot wrapped in this from a sprain. Did Cathe's MMA Fusion.

Happy June y'all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 10:26 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

I'm still around, stepping a lot. My arms are the same. They got a lot better with rest and Aleve, and then I did too much and they flared up again. I'm thinking PT is going to be required.

Linda, that's awesome that your husband is making such great progress!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 03:17 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda in WA View Post
I'm still around, stepping a lot. My arms are the same. They got a lot better with rest and Aleve, and then I did too much and they flared up again. I'm thinking PT is going to be required.
Yes, that sounds like you need to get that scheduled. Strengthening whatever imbalance you have would be very high on my priority list... because you kinda need your arms Brenda

And I think it's awesome too. He has become a BIG believer of the mobility exercises for strength training ..and I even made him stop on the trail so we could both do mobility.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 06-01-21, 08:15 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Linda, kudos to your DH for hiking with you and making such great progress! That's awesome! Kudos to you too for encouraging him too!

I've been looking at my pilates reformer sitting there sad and lonely, and I think I will try to go back to it for at least a little while. I only dabbled in reformer workouts but I haven't done any for about 2 years. I don't have an expensive reformer, only Aeropilates, but it's fine for someone like me. I'll check out Jessica Valant's website to see what she has. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I hope everyone's is doing well. Starting tomorrow and for the foreseable future, our temps will be in the high 80's low 90's, sunny with sunset at almost 8:30pm. Pure hell as far as I'm concerned. This afternoon, I had Ice Airport Alaska on TV out of desperation just to see the ice, snow and cold weather. Ugh.

Oh, and BTW: the idiots in my neighborhood have already started with firecrackers on Sunday before the Memorial Day. From past years I know, that this will continue every single night for the next 2 months until the end of July. Yes, the police is trying to crack down on them but they're not very successful. This adds to my summer, long sunny days and hot weather misery.
Old 06-02-21, 07:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Fat Burning Fusion 2 - a favorite of mine on Ellen's streaming site!

Last night DD and I walked the doggie around the neighborhood.

Brenda - Yikes, I agree w/ Linda on the PT being needed!

Linda - that is great about your hike and DH. I wish my DH would do something about his health and fitness - he goes in waves with it but never sticks to it. there is always some "excuse" but what can you do, can lead a horse to water and all....

Dana - thanks for starting us off. While I don't hate the heat and light, I have noticed that since spring/DST i have not been able to sleep and have been generally very keyed up. Some of it is probably life stuff going on - but i wonder how much is the long daylight hours messing with me. It seems that this past year or so everything in my body has gone crazy - including becoming violently ill from shrimp. It was not food poisoning as DH and DD ate the exact same thing - I think my body just could not digest it. I think hormonal changes have finally caught up to me and are messing with me!! time to adjust to a new normal I guess!

Sorry to ramble, LOL!

Our neighbors do the firework thing too.

I would like to get a reformer at some point, but need to figure out where it would go...we have a bike and treadmill, allegedly for my DH to use....I use them sometimes, but could probably live w/out them in favor of a reformer.

Carol - did you do Pahla yesterday?

Hope everyone has a nice day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 07:09 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Pahla B - Body Shaping Challenge - Day 9 - 21 minutes;
Caroline Jordan - Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain - 15 minutes

Day 9 was a really nice floor stretch from Pahla - not a ton of moves and she moved through them pretty leisurely. There was only one hamstring stretch and I was easily able to modify it for my hurt side. If I am still hurting the next time I see my regular doctor, I'll mention it to her.

Dana - Sorry about the fireworks! My dogs don't like them at all, but luckily they can only be sold here in Texas for a ten day period before 4th of July. Consequently, we don't have as much use of fireworks as you would otherwise expect. I'm in some Facebook dog groups with a lot of British folks and they are always dealing with people shooting off fireworks, it seems.

Brenda - So sorry you are still struggling with your arm issues. It seems like these kinds of injuries just take forever to heal. I feel your pain!

Donna - As you can see, I did do a Pahla yesterday, but not her June series. I may just pick and choose Pahla workouts for a while. I know what you mean about trying to get someone else in your life to exercise and take care of themselves. It's just impossible unless they are motivated internally to do it.

Linda - Good job on your hikes and so glad your DH is exercising with you.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 07:14 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I love shrimp! That makes me sad for you. I hope you're not developing an allergy to all shellfish

Dana I'm not adjusted to these longer daylight hours. I think this is the first year that I have felt exhausted seeing it was still daylight at 8:30.

Carol does foam rolling your hamstring make it worse?

Today was Suzanne Bowen Barreamped bootCamp warmup arms and then I did the stretch after my Cathe workout. I like Suzanne..hated the arms workout but LOVED the stretch, lol. I don't know what my problem is with Barre workouts. I'm not even gonna bother with the rest of the dvd except the stretch. Cathe's workout was lighter than usual weights and LOTS of reps-- Cross train express upper body split. I LOVED it.

Hope you all have a great evening!

Old 06-03-21, 06:56 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were

Pahla B - Body Shaping Challenge - Day 10 - 25 minutes (Moderate Cardio and Bodyweight Strength)
This was a nicely set up workout - 3 20 second intervals of exercise: cardio, bodyweight strength, cardio, then a 20 second rest and repeat that set. It was a little like a HIIT workout because my heartrate would get up during the cardio, come down during the strength, and then go right back up during the next cardio segment. And the intervals were short enough that if I didn't much like a move, it was over before I knew it.

Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates for Beginners - 10 Minute Workout & Hip Pain Relief Exercises
Both good routines from Jessica. I'm thinking about paying for a consult with her about my hamstring issue and letting her design a strengthening program for me.

Linda - I haven't tried foam rolling yet for it, but that's a good idea. I'm not very good at it, but it would probably do some good. Laughing at your Barre Amped Bootcamp experience. As I recall, it's pretty shoulder intensive. I used to do Suzanne's stuff almost exclusively and got to be fairly strong doing it. Then I got bored.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 07:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Gina B HIIT Walk 20min
Amy's Beach Fitness Soulders & Back Loop Band 12min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JmLv8n6F84
ePilates Barre Abs & Butt 10min

Great combo this morning and I feel great now. I'm enjoying combining short routines because they keeps me from getting bored.

Sunny and hot today with high close to 90F. Ugh.

Waves to all!