Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-16-21, 07:31 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Combat 45 (min) Power Kata. It is really only 40 mins, so I tacked on TJ 20 Min workout minus the warm up (I was already plenty warm from Combat ). That Combat is my favorite one; I like how they focus on form and you actually have the time to do the moves well. I did go back and do their cool down just to finish up with them. I was going to tack on 10 mins of abs, but I stopped after about 2 mins because I wasn't really feeling it. I also did some of the CH Elites throughout the day and made it to over 11,000 steps for the day.

I have low-grade DOMS everywhere, which is pretty noticeable when I walk (I noticed people looking at me weird yesterday as I awkwardly walked through the store). It got bad last night, so I took some Advil. Hopefully it won't linger too long!

SB - Glad you were able to get in your walk and kb swings. Sounds like the weather will be agreeable for a while. I'm definitely not going to attempt that 67 min KCM premix workout again! I think I'm going to do the shorter premix (I think its around 45 min) later.

Penguin - Good job with your workouts. I've started checking out some of the ones you mention (I had not heard of LWR). Sounds like things are coming along with your moving plans.

Nora - Good to see you posting and that things are up and running with the cottage. I know nothing about ebikes; I'll have to go check it out. I hope everything works out with getting one.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 06-16-21, 09:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute midday walk
28 minute after dinner walk

I might as well take advantage of this lovely weather we're having. Planning another walk for today.

NORA, walks are always good. I appreciate you not giving me cause for worry.
I have enough things to worry about . I saw a thread about e-bikes on GD awhile back but I can't remember much about it. I'm excited for you though.

CAMBET, another great workout and step count for you! Nice. It seems your work situation has settled down for you. Did you ever contact the administrators involved or you're letting it go for awhile longer?

Hi PENGUIN.

Have a wonderful day all!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 08:00 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Well, I pulled the trigger and bought an e-bike today. I went for a good ride and I LOVE it! Those things aren’t cheap, so thankfully I have no buyers remorse.

sB, that’s a lot of walking.

You’re on a good roll too, cambet.

pP, are you moving? I missed that bulletin. Where to? When?
Old 06-17-21, 07:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

I am planning another walk today.
We're having such lovely "California" (read sunny, warm, low humidity) weather it's hard to resist. I will be out of the house much of today with some errands and a visit to my sister, so I need to get my walk done soon.

NORA, congrats on the e-bike! Since you do a lot of bike riding in the summer I'm glad you liked it.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-17-21, 08:54 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did a blast from the past, Jari Love's Get Ripped. Because of my DOMS, lifting heavy (for me) had too much of a dread factor, so I decided to do lighter weights with more reps. Get Ripped fit the bill. I used 8s, 5s (mostly), and 3s (for front raises; my frozen shoulder has improved a lot, but I still have some range of motion issues and the 5s felt like a bit too much). I enjoyed it and felt sufficiently worked out when I was done. It's been fun looking through my collection to see if there are workouts that can fit into my current rotation. I also did some CH Elite during the day.

In the evening I ended up taking a 67 min walk with a friend (one of the Italy crew). She's going to Colorado for a month (driving cross country to get there), so we took a walk in her neighborhood and then we came back and ate and had some Prosecco to celebrate her departure and getting out of town for a while. It's kind of funny, with my DOMS I really struggled with walking and my friend is a fast walker, so it was hard to keep up with her. More than once she started getting far ahead of me and I'd say DOMS! and she understood and slowed down. It was probably good for me to get in the movement but it was very uncomfortable.

SB - Great job with your walks, as always! I'm glad that the weather is so agreeable these days. I hope you have an enjoyable visit with your sister! I haven't written to the administrators yet (just giving it a little space since we are still in touch about handling some things this summer), but I will.

Nora - Glad that everything worked out with the e-bike and that you like it! I still need to Google e-bike to figure out what exactly it is!

Hi Penguin!
Old 06-17-21, 07:57 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Cambet, I had never heard of frozen shoulder until my own shoulder break. Not good. My doctor told me that frozen shoulder is a risk with people with a break, which is why they get people to start moving as soon as possible after a break now. I hope it improves for you. How did that creep up on you?

SB- Nice that you're able to get together with your sister without the covid fear of a few months ago.

Today, was a one hour walk.

For those unfamiliar...an ebike is like a regular bike, but with some assistance in pedaling if you want it. Like when going up a hill etc. or if (like me) you pedal slower than your cycling friends. It just gives a little boost.
Old 06-18-21, 10:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

Our beautiful weather continues. Hope to get out there today for another walk.
I had a pretty bad night's sleep though and I'm dragging right now.

CAMBET, good job with Jari and the long walk! Sorry it was so uncomfortable though. It should hopefully start improving.

NORA, yes the visits with my sister are nice.
We've been keeping up a weekly visit pretty regularly and she's much more relaxed about it now.

Enjoy the day!
Old 06-18-21, 10:23 PM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was another blast from the past. I did the Kathy Smith Kickboxing workout. I was looking for more manageable kickboxing (because of the DOMS) and it fit the bill. The workout was shorter than I thought, so after the kick conditioning with the chair part, I tacked on a 10 min Jessica walk. I also did some of CH Elite throughout the day.

Today was supposed to be a lite day (especially since I got my hair done at the salon yesterday afternoon), so I did Jessica's Walk Strong 2: Barefoot Fusion Sculpt (30 mins) in the morning and Walk Strong 3: Tone + Flow (30 mins) in the afternoon. I had never done either workout, but I enjoyed them both. The Barefoot Fusion Sculpt felt Ellen Barrett like. I liked that one more. I used only 2 lbs for both of them. The Tone + Flow was good too, but a little more challenging than Barefoot Fusion Sculpt. I'm also only 700 steps from 10,000 for the day, so I'll do about 10 mins of CH before midnight.

SB - Glad you've been able to get in your walks in good weather. The DOMS finally subsided enough today so I'm no longer walking funny, for the most part.

Nora - Hope you enjoyed your walk! I had never heard of frozen shoulder until this fall when I was diagnosed with it. My shoulder was quite sore and I couldn't lift my arm all the way. I just assumed that I had arthritis/inflamation so I started using an anit-inflamation cream but it wasn't getting the job done. I finally went to the doctor and it was interesting to learn that apparently I injured my shoulder in the spring (I don't remember when or how), and because I was teaching remotely and not regularly using my arm to write on the board, for instance, I didn't realize that my range of motion had been compromised. So, the lack of use of my arm because I wasn't using it the way I normally would created the frozen shoulder problem, which they were able to diagnose right away. I started physical therapy in Nov, but the guy I had was a non-stop talker, so after a few sessions I stopped going and just did the exercises on my own at home. It's much better now, but I still don't have 100% range of motion and at some angles it's still a little sore. I'm glad that it sounds like your situation is coming along. I hope you continue to see improvement!

Waves to All!
Old 06-19-21, 09:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

41 minute outdoor walk

I did finally manage to take a walk after dinner last night. It's starting to heat up again but manageable so far. Hope to get out there soon for another walk today.

CAMBET, great job with your workouts.
2 Jessica's in one day is good for a lite day!
Good job on the steps and movement throughout the day. I didn't realize you had the shoulder issue (or I may have forgotten). I'm glad it's improving though. I remember you had the knee issues for awhile but they seem to be under control for now at least hopefully.

Enjoy the day!
Old 06-19-21, 08:33 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Cambet- that's interesting about your shoulder. I hope it continues to improve. As for your talkative PT person....there is so much PT advice on the internet, that I already knew what to do before I started my therapy. Fortunately, I liked her...but would have quit if annoyed. In February, I was just glad to get out of the house and have a destinatiion!

SB-Glad you got the walk in. We have been a bit cooler the last couple of days. Kind of a relief, to be honest.

Yesterday: one hour walk
Today: 2 hour bike ride, with a latte/croissant stop in the middle. Frickin" love my new bike!