Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-13-21, 05:24 AM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I thought it would be a good idea to pack the things we don't use. I texted my dad and he said we can put boxes in the spare room. He also found a box marked 'snowbabies' in the closet. apparently, I left it behind because when he opened it there were my penguin figurines. I can't believe i abandoned them for almost 20 years! I'm glad you were able to meet with your friends and much fun {and wine} was had!

cambet, glad you too were able to get together with friends. your rotation looks good and will probably be something you will stick with. we are definatly moving, we just haven't found a home yet, but after having lived here for 20 ish years there's a lot of stuff. Several years ago I did a major purge and continue to do mini purges, as needed so at least there's that. Hubby's office is practially packed to the rafters but that's not my problem. I understand about retail therapy, I have a yarn and fabric addiction, so Im trying not to buy anything and just use what I have for my charity work, so I don't have as much to pack we aren't moving far, so to speak, we live in East Memphis {not the fancy part} but we are planning to move to North Mississippi, but within commuting to the airport where hubby works now.

Saturday's workout started with Cara Silversmith's 20m LB workout. She talks a lot and I get confused when she's demo-ing the next move and I start early, then end up standing around waiting on her to finish, so I may find someone else. Next I tried Get Fit with Cindy Cardio #1 {not to be confused with Fitness with Cindy} but I only lasting 14m. Just didn't like her or her workout! so I moved on to Get Fit with Rick's 2000s cardio blast which was fun, then I tried new to me Michelle Wilson's 2500+s FB walk. She was more energetic than I wanted at the end of the workout, she gave levels and filmed outdoors in front of a lovely garden.

night, guys

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 09:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Well I didn't quite make it for a walk yesterday. I am planning one for today though. Still cloudy and on the "cooler" side which is fine.

PENGUIN, glad you were able to find one good workout that you enjoyed in your mix. I really need to start some purging. Your poor little penguin figurines abandoned all those years. You're saying good night at 6:24 am

Hi CAMBET.

Have a wonderful day!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 03:15 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Due to poor planning on my part, I didn't work out on Saturday or Sunday. It seems that if I don't get my main workout in early, the chances that I'm going to do it later in the day are not great. Saturday, I was going to do a strength workout, but then a friend (one of the Italy crew) texted and asked if I wanted to go walking with her in the evening, so I decided to do that instead, though there was a chance of rain. Due to the weather, we ended up talking (something was bothering her), but not walking. Sunday I did parts of CH Elite Wild Horse on and off during the day, but I never got in a whole workout at night as I had planned because I ended up calling a friend and catching up with her. We were on the phone for hours and then I didn't feel like working out. Maybe I just needed a bit of a break. Planning to get back to it later today.

SB - I was glad to read that you ended up having such a nice time with your friends, late night and all! Hope you were able to get in a good walk yesterday.

Penguin - Nice variety of workouts, again! Glad that you'll be able to store some things at your parents' house. How interesting that your dad found the abandoned box of penguin figurines! Had you wondered where they were all this time? I hope that everything goes well as you all move ahead with the moving plan.
Old 06-14-21, 06:41 AM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, it is a little weird going to bed when everyone else is getting up! I didn't know it got so light this early.

Cambet, when I saw the picture my dad sent I remembered them but basically I totally forgot about them. I posted pictures of the ones I had on display at the house on IG around Christmas because someone else posted hers, and we got to PMing about them. I think I remember thinking I had more but I'm not really sure. I'm such a bad penguin Mom! I'm glad you were able to spend time with friends this weekend, don't stress to much about the missing workouts. Enjoy the time and don't worry!

Hubby was told by one of his co workers that Boss Lady told them that Hubby would only be on nights for two weeks, since its been more than two weeks we aren't holding our breath but it would be nice if someone would have told us! I usually go to bed a 5am but yesterday I stayed up until Hubby got home. He didn't realize i was staying up so he got home late. I kissed him, told him good night and went to bed! Not trying that again but tonight i'm not that sleepy. I got a few more boxes packed, I guess we will go by a Uhaul and buy some boxes these off days, Hubby needs to refill the propane tanks for the camper and says we can do that there also. Sounds like a fun date! :P

what really confuses me is that this is now Monday Hubby's last day before his off days, but he still has to work his shift today.

Today started with Gymra's UB workout. Jada was our instructor today and she had a cute name for her sets "one, two and new". We did one exercise, such as 12 bicep curls then 12 overhead press, and then we did a set of them melded together. Some we fun but most were confusing.

Next I tried new to me Workouts by ZZ. She has a Norwegian type accent but only talks at the beginning for an intro, the rest of the workouts are just music. She previews the next move in a PIP and there's a timer so we do each move for 40 seconds. I started with Dumbbell Power Walk Day 12 and moved on to Fast Power Walk Day 1. Nothing really exciting here but the workouts kept me moving. Will try her again.

Old 06-14-21, 09:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

I managed to get my walk done yesterday before the showers came in. It was spritzing a little during my walk but not bad.
It's another cloudy spritzy day today but I am planning a walk hopefully.

CAMBET, it's always nice to catch up with friends. I'm sure the rest did you good too.

PENGUIN, that schedule just sounds so darn confusing. I give you credit for working with it. My DD goes to bed sometimes around 5 am and since I don't sleep well I'll hear her and wake up. And yes, it is light that early!

Enjoy the day all!
Old 06-14-21, 12:41 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

OOPS! I haven't checked in here for a number of weeks or even been on VF at all. Summer kicked in early for me as I move dearlier than usual to the cottage due to a reno job at my house that I didn't want to be there for. Anyhow, I know I get lax on my participation in the check-in every summer....

As for workouts, it's been mostly walking with a few strength workouts thrown in here and there.

I hope all is well with everyone. I did a quick scan of the posts and it seems so! I see I missed your BD, SB - so here's a belated Happy Birthday!
Old 06-14-21, 11:11 PM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Today I worked out for almost 2 hours. I did Kelly CM's Muscle Up: Lift 2B Fit, the long premix with 3 sets of most of the exercises. I had planned to do 10 reps of 3 sets of every exercise pair (though she does 8 reps) and I did do that for the first few exercises, but then I realized that the workout was kicking my butt as it was, and I didn't need to add in more reps. In between sets I periodically (fake) jumped rope on my rebounder. I didn't use super heavy weights (I used 10s, 8s, and 5s), but they were heavy to me since I haven't used weights in so long. By the end my upper body felt fried, but also well-worked out, which I enjoyed. I didn't do KCM's abs add-on. Instead I did Jessica's WS3 15 Min Add on Abs (which was challenging) and then anticipating that I will be sore tomorrow, I also did her 15 min Total Stretch. Throughout the day I also did segments CH Elite: Wild Horse to get in at least 250 steps each hour, and I only needed about 500 steps to make it to 10,000 before midnight, so I did CH Elite: Ride & Rope (very litely) and made it to 12,362 steps before midnight.

SB - Glad you were able to get in a walk before the showers set in. Good job with the kb swings, also! I do think that the rest was helfpul.

Penguin - Great job with the workouts. Glad that you now know for sure where the penguin figurines are! I also find your dh's schedule to be confusing. I hope you're able to get enough sleep. One of my goals is to get better sleep and not stay up late doing nothing really. Going to start trying to go to bed by 12:30 am.

Hi Nora!
Old 06-15-21, 04:32 AM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, wow two hours! depending on the workout and how I feel I'll do more or less reps than the instructor, although I've tried working out without a video i tend to look at their workouts as a suggestion and like to do my own thing. I know I don't like a workout when I keep asking "why do you want to do it that way, when we could be doing it this way? I try to go to bed around 5am and then get up between 2 and 3pm, that way I'm still on 'nights' but I get to enjoy some sunshine {when it bothers to shine}

Nora, glad to have you back! How is your shoulder doing?

SB, although I tend to stay up late I usually draw the line at 3am anything beyond that is too close to morning {shudders}. Hoping Mr Sunshine comes back to visit you.

Monday's workout was a mishmash of old and new people. I started with new to me Home Barre's Dancer's Legs, This was filmed outside, probably at a park, as her barre was a rustic bridge railing over a creek. Pretty good workout with a lot of releves and leglifts. Next was LWR's Walk and Tone at Home. I haven't don't her workouts in a while and I remembered why, she talks all the time. I do like the mix of walking moves and toning moves of these workouts. she has a lot of 7m workouts that seem to have a gymick to them, spot reducing mostly, which just drive me crazy, I wish she'd stick to the longer more substantial workouts. Then I moved on to Improved Health's Low Impact Walk Day 7. This was a very satiisfying workout, also alternating walking and a more fun move, but with less talking. I added on Mady Morrison's Back Pain relief Stretches, although I did my own stretches. Her brown dog was in a bed near her yoga mat, which is why I picked this stretch, but I think he slept the whole time.

I packed a few more boxes and a garbage bag of stuffed penguins. I'm out of large sheets of paper but I have a stack of old knitting patterns I was going to throw out but decided to keep for wrapping small things. We'll see how that works. I've watches some vids on 'moving hacks' on YT as well as researched where to buy boxes and packing paper.

Old 06-15-21, 09:32 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

Probably a similar routine today too.

NORA, so good to hear from you! I totally forgot you go to the cottage for the summer and I was getting worried about you.
But now it all makes sense. Sounds like you're doing well and keeping up with your routine. Thanks for the belated birthday wishes.

CAMBET, well you sure made up for your rest days with 2 hours of working out.
KCM can be tough at times for sure.
I usually stick with her shorter premixes when I'm on a KCM kick.

PENGUIN, nice mish mosh of workouts.
I like LWR's short workouts for an add-on sometimes. I don't remember her talking as much as Pahla B but I've only done LWR a couple of times. It seems we'll be having sunshine for the next few days and not too hot so that works.

Enjoy to day all!
Old 06-15-21, 08:27 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today was (yawn) another walk. One hour.

Cambet, looks like you're back with a vengeance with that 2 hour workout.

PP- My shoulder is pretty darn good. Not perfect, but close. Apparently it can take up to a year for complete recovery. I find that arm weaker, but not so bad.

SB-I'll try to be a bit more regular in my checking in. Don't want you to worry!!

Im in the market for an e-bike. I looked at one yesterday, and have another one to look at tomorrow. Pretty excited about it.