Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-21, 07:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - Summer 2021

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Have a happy, healthy and safe Summer!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 07:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Below is my post from the Spring thread:

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

29 minute outdoor walk

DD and I took a short, brisk walk yesterday when we got home after the bbq. The bbq was a lot of fun, seeing everyone together after such a long time. It eventually got a little sunny and into the lower 70s so it was quite pleasant. I am planning a walk for today.

PENGUIN, wow your gardening project is very impressive. As I've said before, DH was the gardener of the family so hopefully DS will be coming by this week and we'll get some tomato plants in but that's about the extent of my gardening for now.

CAMBET, and your cleaning project is impressive. Good for you. That is definitely a workout! Aww the photo shoot for the twins' kindergarten graduation does sound so adorable! How time flies. Glad you got to see them a few months back, I'm sure you missed them so much. Good job getting your steps in too.

OK, IT'S TIME FOR THE NEW THREAD FOR SUMMER!!! See you over there!

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 06-01-21, 10:56 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I spent more time out in the backyard this morning before the rain started this afternoon. I spread 15 bags of mulch in the back and two in the front! I still need to do some more work on the steppingstones, three I am moved or wobbly at :-( and I need to an earth the other path also. And I have two more beds to weed which is going to require more mulch :-(.

SB, I’ve always had an herb garden mostly in pots. But I didn’t really get into gardening until we moved in this house and the backyard is shady, I can’t get much to grow back here however it’s nicer than working in the hot sun. I’d much rather work in the back then in the full sun front.

Cambet, you might as well go ahead and get it done while you have the opportunity your plants will thank you :-). The good news about my backyard is once I get it weeded and mulched I pretty much don’t have to do anything else to it until next spring

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 07:11 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

Planning another walk for today and hopefully more but who knows.

PENGUIN, I guess growing herbs in pots is another option for me. I think tomato plants can be grown in pots too? But we do have a nice sunny backyard for growing tomatoes so that's what we'll probably do once I get some assistance So what can you actually get to grow in your shady yard?

Hi CAMBET.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-03-21, 12:08 AM  
cambet

Hi All,

Yesterday I ended up working most of the day (I had planned to work a few hours and then finish cleaning, but there were too many emails to answer) and I did Country Heat: Country Swing peppered throughout the day to help get in my 250 Fitbit steps every hour.

Then I was planning to do another Country Heat w/o in the evening but my neighbor texted and asked if I wanted to take a walk with her (kind of funny that she never really walked until she saw me doing it, and now she's inviting me to walk and sometimes going on her own ). So we walked for 30 mins. Then when we got back her 13 yr old son said that he had wanted to walk with us but my neighbor left without him (she didn't realize that he wanted to walk too), so she told him they could walk to the top of our subdivision and back (which is a mile) and asked me to join them. I overate yesterday, so I was willing to walk an extra mile. So that added about 20 more minutes to our walking time. I made it to almost 14,000 (13,924) steps for the day!

Today I had a dentist appt in the morning and then I ran a bunch of errands, so by the time I got home I was tired. I did manage to do Country Heat: Down and Dirty and most of Bring the Heat tonight to make it to 10,000 steps before midnight.

SB - Thanks for getting us started with the new thread for the summer months. Glad to read that you had fun at the bbq, and that it sounds like the weather cooperated. Great job with your walks. I few years back I did container planting on my balcony with cherry tomatoes, so yes, tomatoes can grow in pots! Come to think of it, maybe I should consider doing that again, since I usually eat lot of salads during the summer months.

Penguin - Wow, you're getting a lot done! Spreading 17 bags of mulch?; that's impressive! You are totally right, I need to go ahead and get it done. I have just felt so uninspired to be out in the yard in the evening.
Old 06-03-21, 12:54 AM  
patchworkpenguin

SP, hostas, ferns, azaleas, camellia, lenten Rose. There are some annual flowers I could grow but they usually get torn up by Cindy bounding through so I don’t bother. We have tried off anon add to grow tomatoes in containers however they’re hard to keep watered and usually don’t do as well as those planted in the ground, so you’re probably better off planting them in the backyard.

Cambet I hope you feel inspired to work in the yard before it gets really hot!

This is our last set of off days until the switch tonight shift so we’re trying to get all sorts of things done that we keep putting off!

Old 06-03-21, 08:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

42 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

Hoping to walk today. It's raining right now but I think it's supposed to stop soon.
Otherwise I'll try for an indoor workout.

CAMBET, great step count! That's such
a good plan to get up throughout the day and get some steps in.

PENGUIN, good luck to you and hubby adjusting to the night shift.

Old 06-04-21, 12:17 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Today I did a 30 min walk with my neighbor. I was planning to do a more challenging CH at some point but she texted at 8:40 pm and asked if I wanted to take a walk and I hadn't worked out yet, so I said OK. Really, I think she texted that late because she was eager to tell me about something that happened today at work, which was fine. I did the beginning of CH: Country Swing earlier in the day, so I went ahead and did the rest of it (about 25 mins) before midnight and made it to over 11,000 steps for the day.

SB - Great job with the walk and KB swings!

Penguin - I hope that everything goes well with the switch to night shift!

Waves to All!
Old 06-04-21, 09:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

32 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

We had rain in the morning and evening but I did sneak in an afternoon walk to the store and back. I have an appointment this morning and my sister is coming by this afternoon and more rain too later so not sure if I'll walk today.

CAMBET, always nice to get a walk in with a friend. Another good step count day.
Old 06-04-21, 08:01 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So we ordered a laptop :-). It should be here sometime next week we still hope to get a wireless printer.

At today’s workout was mostly from Up to the Beat Fitness. I started with Back Biceps and Shoulders with a resistance band and moved onto Standing abs and Triceps. Gina has a new beginners program, of which I did the 500 steps and the 1000 steps. The 1000 steps was the500 steps with another song tacked on :-( I hate it when instructors do that, Especially if you’re doing them back to back, it feels like you’re starting over. Next was brand Fitness 2500 Disco House party and I finished my workout off with UTTB’s Folklore flow.

We went to the last Wednesday Bible study for this session, and it may be the last one I ever go to :-(. I can’t see my parents being willing to drive an hour out of their way to pick me up. Will see what happens when they start again in the fall.

We thought we found a house, the inside pictures looked promising but when hubby looked it up on Google maps, it’s shared a driveway with a neighboring house that was way too close for us! So the search continues

We had dentist appointments and got good reports there and Cindy got an excellent at her veterinarian check up :-)

SB, I see you’re getting back into the swing of kettle bells ha ha. Hope you had a nice visit with your sister :-)

Cambet, Great job on the big number steps! I consider it a win if I get over 5000!