Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-02-21, 08:54 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a Heather upper body strength workout and an indoor walk.

Lynn, it's not the stress of the idea of moving that is hard, it's all that must be done first, all the decisions that must be made, and can we get everything done in time, and can we not drain our bank account in the process, lol. We're really excited to be going! We have our studio equipment and piano and some other things we are going to have shipped over. We are trying to decide whether to ship them straight over on faith that the city we chose is where we'll ultimately be, or to put them in storage for a few months to be sure. There are so many complexities with all of this. Storage is good but it's not good to move a piano (and fragile equipment) a lot. We will bring a bare bones studio setup in our suitcases, though. So that's just one of the issues! :-) I hope you have a wonderful time in your travels. It will be good to get to see your mom again.

I agree about not doing as many of the dvd workouts. Covid really changed my feelings about what workouts I do. And I don't really think I will want to go back. I need a freshness, I guess. There was too much sameness about being stuck during the pandemic.

Cynthia, haha about wanting custody of your DD. Maybe you should wish to win the lottery next!

Diana, how sweet about the children you are watching graduate. It's so good to be connected with people and to bless them. I hope you get all the rest you need and that you are blessed back!

Cheryl
Old 06-02-21, 09:15 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Lynn Have a wonderful trip.

Check-In: CS Abs and Core (this one has a lot of lower body, too.)

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 07:28 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 5,844
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-03-21, 09:06 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes. I thought I wasn't sore after Heather yesterday, but once I started exercising I realized I was. Getting ready for short trip 1, up to St. Louis for DH doctor visit.

Chery, I realized that my visits to Europe were nothing compared to moving there, especially with a piano! It really sounds very complex and stressful having to make all those hard decisions and deal with the financial issues. Feeling for you and sending good thoughts and support your way!

Diana, enjoy the graduation!

Cynthia, are you planning to get back to swimming?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 04:18 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, yes to swimming. I swam yesterday and will tomorrow. The senior swim is MWF mornings. The pool was closed on Monday Memorial Day. I'm going to get a month pass so I don't have to scrounge for $3.50 every time. They still have the toys (kickboards, flippers, noodles) locked up but I have my own kickboard.

Check-in: the abs challenge day 6, which was a HIIT workout whic might be enough for today. Or I might also do day 8 which is floorwork. Day 7 is a rest day.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 09:31 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with a Heather Robertson no equipment lower body workout, an outdoor walk, and lots of other walking (definitely made the step count today).

Lynn, have a wonderful trip! Yes, I was a bit sore from the lower body workout on Tuesday, which made today's a little painful, haha. There was a big section of floorwork in this one, and she was working one side at a time with that. The intervals were only 30 seconds, but there were no breaks between intervals. I like these kinds of workouts, though! Nothing repeated in this one.

Cynthia, swimming with a kickboard sounds fun! It's so nice that you can get back to the pool.

Diana, how is your DH's hand doing?
Old 06-03-21, 10:26 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

The graduation was wonderful. I was tearing up the whole time. The children did a variety of things so show what they learned in the past year. I am so glad that I was a part of their class this year and that we attended tonight. They even thanked us for the time we spent with them this past year.

Cheryl He's doing better. He went for a follow up today on his finger and it appears to be healing. In 3 weeks he's to go back to the surgeon so he can check it out. If all is well, they will schedule the surgery. When are you planning the move?

Check-In: Essentrics Full Body strength.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-03-21, 10:34 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana. what a lovely graduation ceremony! And what a meaningful contribution you made for those children. Good news about your DH.

Cheryl, I never enjoyed swimming with my face in the water. I had to use a noseclip or my sinuses would get flooded. So when I could swim on my own, I realized I didn't have to. I do 2 different kinds of backstroke (crawl or whatever they call it now maybe freestyle, and elementary which is like breaststroke except on your back). I use the kickboard with my front down, holding the board in my hands, and, well, kick. With my face out of the water.
Old 06-04-21, 09:01 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Cynthia
I shared the video to facebook. Were you able to see it there?

Here's the video. I hope it's ok to share this video here. If not, I'm sure the moderators will take it down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOaHtdINFrI&t=12s

Steps for yesterday: 6,247
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-04-21, 05:22 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, yes I saw the video. Watched some of it. The kids are adorable in their enthusiasm.

Swam today. Statrting next week, no reservations needed. Senior swim will be open for an hour starting at 11:15 MWF. I don't care what month it is or what season it's supposed to be -- when it's in the 50*s I'm wearing that swim parka. It's so nice not to freeze when wet.