Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-31-21, 08:03 AM  
Diana3271

Thumbs up June 2021 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-21, 10:27 AM  
lynnf

Restorative yoga class. Happy memorial day. Committing to new positivity in my life.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 06:52 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 8,205
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-01-21, 09:42 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes.
Old 06-01-21, 03:57 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, thanks for starting our (June already?!) month.

Check-in: did total body weights MBFA which finishes that program for me. The instructor said to go back to MBF for the next round, with heavier weights, instead of repeating the advanced series right away. I migh do that after a break. I also did day 4 of theLivestrong abs challenge.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 06:53 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a Heather Robertson lower body workout that had a bands section, weights section, and cardio section. I also took an outdoor walk.

Lynn, I have an older Jessica walk set, called "Walk On: 21 Day Weight Loss Plan." Ironically, I wanted that newest one, but I never got it because it was so expensive. You are welcome to my set if you want it, though! We have done a lot of research, but it's still really stressful, because there is so much to do and we have to make difficult decisions. But it will be worth it. Your time in Europe sounds wonderful. I'm sure you'll be getting back there at some point!

Diana, wow, 18k+ steps the other day!

Cynthia, how is your DD doing?
Old 06-01-21, 09:29 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

I had a really busy day with helping church family, who have had surgery, school, helping in the office, Ladies meeting at church, etc. This whole week is like that. Thursday, the class I teach, kindergarten and first graders, will be graduating. I plan on going to the graduation. I still have one more day of school to teach, this coming Tuesday.

No formal workout to report but I got my steps in.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-02-21, 08:22 AM  
lynnf

Heather Robertson, Thigh and Booty Boot Camp - I think it was the exact one Cheryl just checked in with. This was my second time with this one and it went a lot better, but I am still sweating and I realized why my inner thighs were so sore after the last time (those sumo squats!). This is a good one ! Last night added on restorative yoga and a walk. I am planning a lot of restorative yoga to decompress after a hard year. I will be travelling a bit in the next couple weeks. Going east to see my mom and see a few friends. So I will check in as much as possible, but will be a bit sporadic.

Cynthia, congrats on finishing your program. Sounds like you liked it a lot, since you are thinking of repeating.

Cheryl, I know that last set was expensive. I actually have the set you have, so no need to send. I actually think I like Heather so much and there is so much content there that I probably won't do Jessica anyway. I know that making such a big transition is really scary. Even for 3 months away I was so stressed. But once you get there, it is going to be such a great adventure and I bet you are going to be so glad you did it. Just listen to your heart.

Diana, how funny how busy you are now that you are retired! And how wonderful that your children are graduating. I know your heart is going to swell with pride. It is so great that you have been teaching these children and been giving your time and love to them.
Old 06-02-21, 10:43 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today will be another busy day. Remember the lady at church who is handicapped and her van broke down? I used to get her groceries for her. She had shoulder surgery. She needs help washing her hair and doing little things today. I will help her today and I will take her daughter to church with me. She is doing well post surgery and is getting OT and PT. Hopefully she will be back to her normal routine soon. The Daughter will help me with the Blessing Box when we get to church. I slept in this morning because I was exhausted. I feel better from the extra sleep. This is one of those weeks that will make me appreciate the slow weeks. There's not much on the calendar for next week. I should probably keep that on the low down, LOL.

Lynn I have been thinking about the kids and graduation. I agree. I might even tear up a bit.

Steps for yesterday: 5,402
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-02-21, 02:29 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, glad you got some extra sleep. Don't be afraid to say no occasionally to prevent exhaustion and burnout.

Cheryl, DD is still underfoot, er, living with me. Now that she has gotten both vax shots, she is starting to socialize in person. Went to a movie with a friend, etc. Also, friends now chauffeur her, which is fine with me: I don't have to get up & out early to drive her. She'll be 40 in November but seems like a teenager. I can still make myself laugh when I remember how much I wanted full custody.

Lynn, bon voyage. It's so good that you'll see your mom. And friends.

Check-in: lap swim and day 5 abs challenge.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote