Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-09-21, 08:34 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sandy - Any calf work in Heat?
Calves and Quads twice days 27 and 43.
Old 06-10-21, 07:35 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Calves and Quads twice days 27 and 43.
Thank you. I am so doing the count down - 2 more days left of EPIC II!!
Old 06-10-21, 07:40 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Thank you. I am so doing the count down - 2 more days left of EPIC II!!
I have lower body today, pushups tomorrow, total body Saturday, rest day Sunday, and HIIT Monday to finish it off. I am excited to be done soon as well. This series has been no joke.
Old 06-10-21, 12:03 PM  
Vantreesta

I ran after our last walk last night. I miss evening runs but stopped doing them when I quit working thinking I didn't want to take away time with hubby by doing evening workouts. He's been working so late though that it doesn't really matter a lot of nights. I may try to do at least one evening run a week since I enjoy it so much. Especially when it's so stinking hot!

Well, I've managed to waste away another morning somehow. Better get my butt in gear.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 07:23 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I have lower body today, pushups tomorrow, total body Saturday, rest day Sunday, and HIIT Monday to finish it off. I am excited to be done soon as well. This series has been no joke.
I took a look at Heat - mental prep. Looks like it should be harder than EPIC II as she continues with the increase time under tension with shorter rest periods. I would not have wanted to start here. I have a feeling my 'play week' will be severely altered to perhaps actually look like play. I can't imagine increasing my weights as she is decreasing rest periods. Once you're done with your pushups today, it's the victory lap. Enjoy.
Old 06-11-21, 07:33 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I ran after our last walk last night.
It's gorgeous in the evenings, enjoy your time since you have it. Sounds more peaceful than a morning run but maybe not easier.
Old 06-12-21, 12:08 AM  
Vantreesta

Easy day today. Ran 1.5 mi after the storm cooled things off a little, pulled weeds for 20 min before the sun and heat came back, Caroline Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, day 30 of Kassandra's Morning Yoga Movement (I've completed it twice now!) and day 15 of Lauren Brooks' Push, Pull, Swing challenge. Only one day left on that!

My dad will be here next week and I was realizing how much I still have to do before then so didn't do everything I had planned. And yet I still only got one small area cleaned up!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-13-21, 10:07 AM  
buffmama

Got new running shoes and hiking boots from REI. I went with kids sizes since I have small feet. Buffboy said I have to try out the sneakers since they have less support and that they wouldn't be good for 7 min miles. Love it. Not loosing sleep over that. Was looking forward to hiking Tue but looks like rain and thundershowers.

Vannie - I'm going to try that glute activation workout. Thanks for mentioning it.
Old 06-13-21, 10:18 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Got new running shoes and hiking boots from REI. I went with kids sizes since I have small feet. Buffboy said I have to try out the sneakers since they have less support and that they wouldn't be good for 7 min miles. Love it. Not loosing sleep over that. Was looking forward to hiking Tue but looks like rain and thundershowers.

Vannie - I'm going to try that glute activation workout. Thanks for mentioning it.
I'd be lucky to bike 7 minute miles. I'll take the rain; you can go hiking.

Congratulations on finishing EPIC II. I'll be tooting my HEAT horn when my body is up for it.
Old 06-13-21, 03:54 PM  
Vantreesta

Finally did the Thick Thighs Save Lives workout episode 182 In Da Club (posted on Thur) yesterday: 50 reps each of db front squats, alternating db rack lunges, ab mat situps and alternating db snatches. I did 5 rounds of 10 using 10 lb dumbbells. I could tell I don't do lunges enough! My ab mat isn't here yet so I tried the situps with my half dome roller thing. Followed that with the final day of the Push, Pull, Swing challenge and Sim & Limber. Then we sat and stuffed our faces the rest of the day playing D&D!