Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-13-21, 10:24 AM  
Catahoula Cate

I've been pretty distracted since last week. Our air conditioner died a slow death. The business can't make an appt for us until the owner gets back from out of town. We've had some 100 plus days on and off with severe wind and more to come. I don't do too bad in it but DH does. Other distractions as well. I'm still doing exercises, walking, got one dvd in and one youtube clip. I would like to do more. I'm reading my taglines this morning. Good reminders!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 03:55 PM  
Vantreesta

Finally did the Thick Thighs Save Lives workout episode 182 In Da Club (posted on Thur) yesterday: 50 reps each of db front squats, alternating db rack lunges, ab mat situps and alternating db snatches. I did 5 rounds of 10 using 10 lb dumbbells. I could tell I don't do lunges enough! My ab mat isn't here yet so I tried the situps with my half dome roller thing. Followed that with the final day of the Push, Pull, Swing challenge and Sim & Limber. Then we sat and stuffed our faces the rest of the day playing D&D!

Katie, hope your AC gets fixed soon!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 05:12 PM  
Leonana

I did a Jessica you tube walk yesterday and a stretch. Nothing today, it’s a lazy day.

Hot weather is here, it’s supposed to be 115 tomorrow. And dd is moving into an apartment with a roommate, on the third floor! They are going to sweat!

Katie, I hope your ac is fixed soon. That’s one of my biggest fears, the ac going out!

Vannie, good job on the workouts.
Old 06-14-21, 07:10 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Thanks Sherry and Vannie, we have an extreme heat warning until Tuesday evening....very unusual for June for us. So much of what DH does is outside. We did get a window AC to help cool off a few rooms in the house though. Sherry, even with our extreme heat, we (hopefully) won't be near 115(WOW) but we'll be well over 100. I hope the ac works well in your dd's new apartment! DH is getting as early a start as possible to get most of what he needs done early in the day.

I get my walks in with Scout early morning. He's 6 months old now and I've been walking him w/o Belle to get him to listen better and he's improving a lot. I've got a couple yoga dvd's in mind for later.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 06-14-21, 03:44 PM  
Vantreesta

I should have skipped today. I woke up with a headache so decided to postpone my run till tonight but I went ahead and tried my other workouts. I did my boxing app workout, day 1 of the swing challenge and my Conditioning workout (consisting of squat thrusts, db double cleans, side to side hops, plank drags, dead bugs and bird dogs) and my head just got worse and worse. Ditched the Crossrope workout and did a stretch. I still just feel crummy even after eating. Not sure the run is gonna happen tonight.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-15-21, 04:05 PM  
Vantreesta

Just a 2.25 mi hot run for me today and Helen Clare's Quick Post-run Yoga Routine. I don't think I'll be getting in day 2 of the swing challenge today.

I spent the morning cleaning house. My dad will be here by suppertime!

Old 06-15-21, 06:37 PM  
Leonana

Today was Goodwill day. We hit two Goodwills. No exercise purchases this week though.

Katie, I’m glad you have window ac’s. My dd’s apartment is very cool, probably cooler than our house. We have vaulted ceilings, which makes it harder to cool. I don’t know why they decided to build those types of houses in the desert.

Vannie, I’m glad you were able to get your run in. I guess your dad has arrived!
Old 06-15-21, 07:30 PM  
Vantreesta

Yep! So good to see him! Cyric was so excited! Dad is probably his favorite person after me.

Old 06-16-21, 09:52 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, that is so sweet how excited Cyric gets to see your dad! Fun!

Sherry, I'm not a fan of vaulted ceilings in cooler climates either. Makes the house harder to heat.

We are getting a break from our heatwave. Yesterday was record breaking 107 for us. I kept replenishing the chicken water with ice cubes. I ran out of frozen watermelon for them a few days ago. I got an early walk in with Scout and kept up with exercises.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 06-16-21, 12:31 PM  
Vantreesta

1 mi run (in under 10 minutes even with walking the first minute!) and 10 min stretch on my own. Have a great day!