Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-05-21, 01:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, I know what you mean about walking without the dogs. Losing my first dog Jake was actually the catalyst for buying my treadmill. I just couldn't face the sadness of walking outside without him, even though we moved a few months after he died.

You said Dr. Jo is doing a series. Of neck videos or what? I'm planning on doing the Man Flow Yoga challenge after I finish Kassandra's morning challenge. I agree, stretching in some form needs to be a regular component of any fitness program.

Well, I wasn't feeling much oomph for working out today but I convinced myself to just do it. I started with a short hamstrings video and very quickly felt just hot and my head started pounding. I finished but then just laid on my mat for a while and finally decided to take a rest day. I hate to get off schedule but that isn't a normal reaction so maybe my brain's rebellion really was trying to tell me my body wants the day off. I've been wanting to get my gym cleaned out and reorganized so I guess I will take this time to start taking everything out of it except the big equipment. I told hubby I've been reluctant to start bc I'm not sure I can do it all in a day and wouldn't be able to workout but he reminded me I can use the TV and space in the main part of the basement while I reconstruct the gym so starting today seems like a good plan. I'll see how much I can get done before the Twins game starts.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-21, 06:45 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, Dr. Jo’s videos are for all parts of the body. She is calling it a General Wellness Challenge. I just happened to do the neck video. I haven’t signed up for Dean’s yoga challenge. I should do that.

Good idea to listen to your body. And reorganizing can be a workout!
Old 06-05-21, 11:52 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for the Dr. Jo info. I'll check it out. I didn't know anything about signing up for Dean's challenge, I was just going to do them as I can. Is there a new challenge? The one I'm looking at is 6 weeks long and all videos have already been uploaded. It's the 30-day Morning Challenge.

I did get a lot of stuff moved out of the gym but my head got worse after that so I quit. It was bad enough that it was hard to even enjoy the game. Finally went away after ibuprofen, lavender oil and peppermint tea. I'm bummed bc I had run the first 4 days of the month and was seriously considering another 30 day streak but I guess not this month.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-06-21, 01:28 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Katie, I don't think our temps are hotter than usual this year. But last summer was terrible, we broke records for most days over 100 and most days over 110.
Sherry that's a lot of HOT! I hope it's cooler this summer. Today is a much more pleasant day but will get back into the 90's soon. Our AC is on the fritz. I can deal with it okay but DH overheats quickly. Hopefully it won't be a big deal to get it fixed.

Vannie, here is the posture clip that I like. The exercises take maybe 3-4 minutes. I'm trying to do at least the YWTL fairly early in the morning and I think it's helping me set up for better posture throughout the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T43753AfaKY

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 01:32 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Katie, I'll check it out!

I tried putting my gym back together but I need help setting some things up right so my dad said he'll help me when he gets here later this month. I put it back together so it's workable but I will be so excited when it's truly organized again.

I'm in the process of making a quadruple batch of pancakes while watching baseball. I'm supposed to workout but we'll see if I get to it. One good thing about feeling rotten, I have so much gratitude for feeling good once the rotten is gone! Usually on Sundays I'm pretty lazy.

Old 06-08-21, 08:49 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, that'll be great to get your gym organized. Mine is a mess right now. First step will be getting a new mat. It's very old anyway and Scout(aka Capt Chaos) chewed a little on it. He's actually been a very good pup(6 months old now).

I've noticed the youtube channels that I like so much have gotten very quiet with new material for quite some time. This will be good timing for me to get back into some of my dvd's.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 11:30 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday was another variety day: PunchLab app wk1 workout2 Boxing Arms (1st time, skipped it Sunday), Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 26, 1.5 mi for Run With Hal app 15k Base Training Plan day 29, Yoga With Adriene 7 Minute Yoga for Runners, YT (1st time, just okay), H. Clare Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, SanFran Fitness rebounding 5 min Mini Moves Series Day 2 Circulation Booster (1st time), N. Popp Quick Fix Buns -Bun Shaper, L. Brooks BSR week 3 Conditioning 1, L. Brooks Push, Pull, Swing Challenge wk3 day11, Kassandra Evening Yoga Movement day 1. I don't know if it was running in the 88 degrees (real feel 92) and sun or the accumulation of everything but after lunch I could not stay awake! I ended up taking a 45 minute nap. I am so over this heat already! This morning we walked at 8:15 and it was 76 and sunny with no wind. We didn't even make it a mile. We need our walks!!

Old 06-08-21, 03:52 PM  
Vantreesta

Variety hour(s) again for me today! Yoga with Kassandra AM day 27 before breakfast, day 3 of SanFran's mini moves series, Caroline's HHT workout, 2.34 mi on the elliptical with a Fitscope workout to 70s music, 2.3 mi on the rower with a Dark Horse Rowing workout, the next day of Lauren's paper workout I'm doing and her Push, Pull, Swing challenge then for just fun I did a 15 min Leslie walk that showed up in my YT feed and finished up with day 2 of Kassandra's PM yoga.

Old 06-10-21, 12:02 PM  
Vantreesta

I guess I never posted yesterday's workouts. Started with SanFran Fitness rebounding 5 min Mini Moves Series Day 4. These are nice to get back into rebounding and as a little warmup. Then did another segment from Quick Fix Buns, Crossrope Swing Into Summer day 2, strength/conditioning workout and Push, Pull, Swing challenge day 13, PunchLab app wk2 workout1 Advanced Straights and then Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 28. After our last walk I added on 1.0 mi for Run With Hal app 15k Base Training Plan day 31 and Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome and Quick Post-Run Yoga Routine. I miss evening runs but stopped doing them when I quit working thinking I didn't want to take away time with hubby by doing evening workouts. He's been working so late though that it doesn't really matter a lot of nights. I may try to do at least one evening run a week since I enjoy it so much. Especially when it's so stinking hot!

Well, I've managed to waste away another morning somehow. Better get my butt in gear.

Old 06-12-21, 12:09 AM  
Vantreesta

Easy day today. Ran 1.5 mi after the storm cooled things off a little, pulled weeds for 20 min before the sun and heat came back, Caroline Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, day 30 of Kassandra's Morning Yoga Movement (I've completed it twice now!) and day 15 of Lauren Brooks' Push, Pull, Swing challenge. Only one day left on that!

My dad will be here next week and I was realizing how much I still have to do before then so didn't do everything I had planned. And yet I still only got one small area cleaned up!