Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-02-21, 10:21 PM  
Leonana

Still loosely following Walk Strong 1 rotation. I did Justina Ercole’s new workout on Monday, a short Jessica walk on Tuesday and WS1 Barefoot Fusion Sculpt on Tuesday.

Vannie, the Murph sounds tough! Great job on the workouts.
Old 06-03-21, 07:29 AM  
MathTeacher

Vannie, Murph = You're awesome
Old 06-03-21, 11:38 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, guys!

Pausing a moment to whine that it's 83 degrees before I put on my best fake grin and get at my workouts! I have a big case of don't wanna today. That's what happens when my routine is messed with! Had a dentist appt this morning and then picked up a few groceries.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 02:55 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, it’s 106 here today. At least you can be glad you aren’t here lol.
Old 06-03-21, 02:59 PM  
Vantreesta

A morning dentist appt threw off my routine today, plus I haven't taken the time to make my whole wheat oatmeal pumpkin pancakes yet, which are super filling and along with an egg, yogurt, berries and coffee will carry me through a long walk and workouts. The oatmeal I ate this morning does not have that kind of power! After I got home from the dentist and picking up a few groceries, Cyric and I went for a short walk bc it was too hot for him. Then I ran a mile in 85 degrees (who is this girl, seriously???), did day 24 of Kassandra's Morning Yoga Movement challenge (which worked nicely for a quick post-run stretch) and Caroline Jordan's high hamstring tendonitis part 2 workout. I am calling it for today. I was supposed to do kettlebells and jump rope too but I am starving and just don't have the oomph for them today. So I still showed up for myself but half bailed! I think I'll get those pancakes made after I eat and shower!

Sherry, yes, our 85 was bad enough! I was very thankful for a strong breeze so it didn't feel stifling and unbearable and the humidity was low, just over 30%.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-04-21, 12:39 AM  
Vantreesta

Added on late night:
10 minutes (from PunchLab app wk1 workout1 Jab & Straight) 1st time
15 minutes (from Kassandra Evening Yoga Movement day 3 Evening Stretches, YT) 1st time

Old 06-05-21, 12:23 AM  
Vantreesta

Today felt like a little bit of everything: 1.5 mi run in 83 degrees and sun (did 1st-just can't get myself to take time on a warmup when it's so hot out; if I delay I may bail), Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 25, J. Miller YTU feet & ankles, SanFran Fitness rebounding 5 min Mini Moves Series Day 1, C. Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, H. Clare Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, kettlebell/bodyweight workout week 3 Strength 1/Push, Pull, Swing challenge wk3 day10, Crossrope Swing Into Summer day 1, J. Miller YTU Post Athletic Stretches -Tennis and just for kicks and bc I haven't done it in a long time, 10 minutes retro walking on tm, half at 4%, half flat, all slow at 2 mph. The bonus of retro walking is I get to drool over my Kid Rock posters around the treadmill.

Old 06-05-21, 12:12 PM  
Catahoula Cate

What a great variety Vannie!

Sherry, I am glad that we are not in 100 + temperatures. We have been in the 90's quite a bit recently and it appears to continue with little breaks here n there. We don't normally get this hot until much later in the summer.

I've mostly been taking Scout(Capt Chaos) on solo walks which is probably good for him. Belle is refusing to go in this heat. Maybe I'll get her on an early evening walk. I did a great youtube clip yesterday that I saved in my rehab playlist. Focus on upper body backstrength for posture. I'm adding that one to my daily exercise chart.

Have fun at the lake MT!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-21, 12:41 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, we've had 90s the last couple days with more to come as well. Cyric isn't loving it either so our morning and after supper walks haven't been very long and we don't even attempt one before supper. Which video did you do for posture? I'm trying a different hamstring one of Caroline Jordan's today. Struggling to find my "want to" though!

Have a great trip, MT!

Sherry, I keep looking around our house seeing walls that need to be washed and paint needing touch ups. Can't find that "want to" yet either!

Old 06-05-21, 01:02 PM  
Leonana

I did Jessica's WS1 Total Body yesterday. Feeling some shoulder strain, so today I did I did Dean's Man Flow Yoga 15 Minute Get Rid of Shoulder and Neck Pain. Although it was mostly a strengthening workout, but it did work out the soreness. But I do need to strengthen my shoulders too, and I know my form is probably off. After doing Dean's workout, I noticed my right neck was sore too, probably my right upper trap. I checked Dr. Jo, and she is doing a beginner series. I did the Beginner Neck Stretches & Exercises. She starts with isometric movements, then does some stretches. All the moves are done for 30 seconds. My shoulder and neck feel a lot better. She also had a shoulder video too, I need to do that one sometime. Man Flow Yoga is geared to men, but I like it. He explains the moves really well, and they seem to be for less flexible men, which suits me pretty well.

I know I need to incorporate more yoga and stretching, but I usually do it once something is out of whack. I think for Jessica's Lift & Shift at the end of June, I'll do two of her strength workouts each week, and incorporate yoga and stretching the other days. Although, even just doing the strength workouts, it would probably take six months to finish the program. I don't think I'll last that long!

Both of your remarks about being too hot to walk the dogs brought back memories. I would take them out around 6 a.m, and by the end of June it was usually in the 80's. In July, there were days it was 90 degrees at 6 am. But my dogs were up for it, always excited for their walks. I did cut our walks down from six days a week to four, because the heat wore me out. Now I rarely walk outdoors. If I do, I take a different path. It makes me sad now that the dogs are gone.

Vannie, today is 106 with 8% humidity. At 106, I'd die with 30%! But that does happen in August, when we have some rain, which is why August is my least favorite month. However, not last year, we didn't get our usual rain. But at least it was drier.

Katie, I don't think our temps are hotter than usual this year. But last summer was terrible, we broke records for most days over 100 and most days over 110.