Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-25-21, 08:57 AM  
Vantreesta

June 2021 Add 'em up Goals & Habits Challenge ~All welcome!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily life goals work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-21, 08:58 AM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's June goals

Mindfulness. Planning. Commitment. Discipline. Consistency.

1. Get up at 7:00 AM (EC: 1 pt per 15 minutes early)
2. Update sleep log
3. End of day goals check in
4. In bed by 11:00 PM or right after post-game show (EC: 1 pt per 15 minutes early)
5. Stay within calorie allowance on MyFitnessPal
6. Take all supplements
7. Drink chamomile tea before bed
8. Train Cyric 5 days/week
9. Workout 5 days/week
10. Glute activation/hamstring rehab 5 days/week
11. Meet weekly minutes goal (10 pts) (EC available: 1 pt per 30 minutes over)
12. Read on Sundays

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps
3. Start AM walk by 10:00

Max possible points: 314 (10.5 avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): 283 (9.4 avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

June 1-6 pts (out of avg 62) ~ %
June 7-13 pts (out of avg 74) ~ %
June 14-20 pts (out of avg 74) ~ %
June 21-27 pts (out of avg 74) ~ %
June 28-30 pts (out of avg 30) ~ %

total for the month: /314 ~ %

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-25-21, 07:19 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Katie's June Goals:

Daily for 1 pt each:
1. supplements/vitamins
2. Daily Devotion
3. walk
4. dvd or youtube
5. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
6. Declutter
7. Gratitude Journal
8. 5 lb weight loss 5 pts

Total Points available: 215 Goal: 194 pts

Extra credit:
1. additional walk, dvd, or youtube clip. 1 pt

Overall points: 200

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-21, 08:20 PM  
MathTeacher

June goals

Stretch
Post on Noom
Weigh
Exercise

Extra credit
Exercise before noon
Old 05-28-21, 12:23 PM  
Vantreesta

Enjoy your trip, MT!

Something I want to work on but not sure it is easily quantifiable to make a goal is to use my phone less. I want to start by using little breaks in my day to pay more attention to Cyric instead of picking up my phone to check the forums for the 50th time. I know that would make us both happier!

ETA: I guess I could put a timer limit on my browser and/or use a whiteboard to tally how many times a day I check forums.

Old 05-31-21, 10:28 AM  
MathTeacher

Lake trip has been rescheduled for June 4, because it is supposed to rain June 1. I actually started my June challenge May 30.
Old 06-01-21, 01:36 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I tallied my May points and did pretty well mostly because of lots of extra credit the first two weeks. I've altered my goals a little to make sure I'm doing more than walking and PT exercises. I'd like to do more videos, whether it's youtube or dvd. I also put a weight loss goal of 5 lbs on. My weight crept up 5 lbs this past Winter/Spring. It should be doable to lose 5 lbs in 1 month. I just have to do it!

Sherry, thanks for Beth's youtube link. Wow, she has a lot of videos. That's pretty cool!

MT, vacation time at a lake sounds wonderful! If rain gets forecasted again, send it our way.

Vannie, I'm the same way with the computer and the dogs. Sometimes they come and say hello while I'm working on it and I always make sure to stop and give them a scratch behind the ear. I'm back to getting caught up on recordkeeping among other things but I need to make sure I don't park at the computer for too long a period and get out with them.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 06-02-21, 08:52 AM  
Vantreesta

Murph Report!!

For anyone who doesn't know, a full Murph is 1 mile run, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, 1 mile run. Hardcore is with a weighted vest.

We were at my father-in-law's for the wknd so I did mine yesterday instead of Monday. I did my own modified version as my running app called for 2 miles. I knew I didn't want to do an extra mile before or after a half Murph so I did full run, half strength.

My version:
1 mile run in 10:49 (I started off too fast considering all that was still to come so I walked for one minute during this mile)
10 rounds of: 5 seated pullups with bent-leg assist, 10 elevated pushups, 15 squats (to parallel or lower)
1 mile run in 11:37 (no walking)
Total time 40:49

Quitting never crossed my mind but man, I was so looking forward to being done! Surprisingly I had no trouble with the pullups, but the easier modification made a huge difference. I struggled mightily with the pushups, though, and eventually found an elevation that worked for me to keep going. In the 9th round of squats my left inner thigh started saying nasty things to me and promising me I couldn't finish the squats but I shut that noise down quick and finished with a narrower stance!

I started off by listening to the National Anthem, God Bless America, God Bless the USA, the Battle Hymn of the Republic and My Country 'Tis of Thee before I started and was crying before the songs finished. During my second mile I gave thanks for the sacrifices made by all the fallen soldiers and their families.

Kid Rock provided my soundtrack.

Looking for my next challenge now! I'm considering doing another CrossFit Hero WOD for the 4th of July.

Old 06-02-21, 10:18 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Wow Vannie! Thanks for explaining what a Murph is. That's really great that you can do all that. Excellent modifications to certain aspects of it. Do you have any runs planned for the summer?

I saw a lot of very moving Memorial Day posts on facebook and posted quite a few as well. I see more effort to get the true meaning of Memorial Day out there so it's more than just words.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 06-02-21, 02:38 PM  
Vantreesta

Today was a recovery day, although I really feel fine. I do have DOMS in my anterior delts, triceps, pecs and quads but not bad. The running app only had me do .75 mile today so I did it quick outside even though it was already 74 and sunny then did day 23 of Kassandra's Morning Yoga Movement challenge, Caroline's high hamstring workout and finally finished Lesley Fightmaster's 30 day beginners challenge. I don't even remember for sure when I started it! I forgot when I was planning my day that I have grief group tonight. Part of me wants to skip it tonight. I'm undecided. I'm not in the mood but I do always get smthg out of it.

Thanks, Katie! I definitely plan to keep working on my pushups and pullups to modify less. I don't have any races planned for the summer. I'm training toward a fall trail race but since we hope to have Mom's celebration of life in the fall I don't know if it will work out to do the race or not. Hopefully I'll know more later this summer.