Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-17-21, 07:40 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 day 4 FB AMRAP. Not your traditional AMRAP, just like most of the HIIT these days isn't really HIIT. I just kept it controlled, so not fast at all. Supersets of 2 exercises 4 min each, lower, upper, core, cardio. Bi, tri, and calves were worked - apparently people are asking for calf work.... Good workout, not killer, different mental space than Caroline no where near as grueling to get through. Um....but I have legs tomorrow..
Old 06-17-21, 08:59 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
..but I have legs tomorrow..
I usually really like Sydney's leg workouts (I'm doing her new one tomorrow). I did her newest back and biceps workout today. Pretty good but I changed some things. I like to do more reps than her time allows sometimes so I just paused and did my sets slower than she did.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 04:42 AM  
IceQueen07

Epic II - Day25 - Dumbbell Full Body Cardio. Wow, I'm going to feel that one tomorrow. I swear Caroline is a machine. I kept up in the beginning, she was using 22lbs, I started with 20's, but dropped to 15's for some of the complexes and even then failed on some. By the time chest presses came up, 20's felt like 50's. Its a great workout though and I will probably do again (yes, I'm nuts). I think what I like so much about her workouts is she pushes me to keep going and she does that without any talking. Weird, but it works for me.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 08:01 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 3 Butt & Thighs - 45 min, good

Felt this. Different than Caroline's structure. It will be interesting to see/feel any differences from the 2 approaches. (Although if I alternate weeks how would I know? Would the 2 complement each other? I think so.)
Old 06-18-21, 08:05 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I usually really like Sydney's leg workouts (I'm doing her new one tomorrow). I did her newest back and biceps workout today. Pretty good but I changed some things. I like to do more reps than her time allows sometimes so I just paused and did my sets slower than she did.

Erica
I agree about the shorter work periods but coming from EPIC I'm liking them more! I don't like how she seems to be all over the place in terms of weight selection. Or how instructors remove exercises people don't like (I'm looking at you Caroline for doing less lunges. Maybe it's just cause they're hard.) or add in one's people want (do we really need calf raises vs more large muscle work?!) OK, I'm done complaining for today.
Old 06-18-21, 08:06 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Its a great workout though and I will probably do again (yes, I'm nuts). I think what I like so much about her workouts is she pushes me to keep going and she does that without any talking. Weird, but it works for me.
I feel the same way. Would love to start over at EPIC I and repeat them. Hopefully finding them easier and increasing weights a bit (a tiny bit maybe).
Old 06-18-21, 08:27 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
(do we really need calf raises vs more large muscle work?!)
I always substitute something else for calf raises. I hate them and certainly don't want to spend a long time on them.

I did Sydney's newest leg workout from Summertime Fine today and liked it. I also did a Kaliegh Cohen spin workout. I've used some of her strength workouts and liked them but this was my first spin workout and I loved it - really challenging. I've been putting them off because I didn't think they would be hard enough, but I was wrong!

Erica
Old 06-19-21, 08:36 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 6 + 7 FB Burn + stretch. 1min45sec of work per exercise 15sec of rest mostly. Lower, upper, core, glutes. With that amount of work time I went light, BW for Bulgarians, and 20lbs for glute bridges since it was a long haul. Can get my glutes activated better but upping the weight doesn't help at this point. I actually liked the stretch, didn't think I would. Nice to know of some good ones.

Thinking about sticking with this and maybe doing HEAT in the fall. I don't want to loose my newfound strength gains. Going between the two may make we wishful for what I'm not doing that week.... Also scared I won't go back to Caroline. Stay tuned.
Old 06-19-21, 09:05 AM  
Erica H.

Did Sydney's upper body workout that she posted yesterday. She and Caroline always go so heavy on shoulders. I often wonder if I should push harder on shoulders, but I'm so concerned about a shoulder injury that I tend to hold back and go much lighter. All the other muscle groups I really enjoy pushing hard.

Also did a Kaliegh Cohen spin workout - wow, those are tough.

Erica
Old 06-20-21, 05:31 AM  
bex

I've been busy lately so haven't posted, but feeling proud that I've been keeping up the workouts.

Friday night I did Caroline's EPIC Day 42 - Shoulders & Core. I went into it cautiously because my left shoulder is still sensitive, but a lot of it was actually back. I enjoyed it and felt strong when I'd finished. Added on 5 min to Better Abs - Core Workout on the Bosu by Short Circuits with Marsha. She said it was a beginner workout, and it's true it wasn't that tough but good enough after a Caroline workout. Did a few of my own stretches for my shoulder and called it a night.

Yesterday I did Caroline's EPIC Day 43 - Quads & Lower Abs. I don't love working my quads but in truth it was a LB workout with a little more Quads than usual. The core work was tough but I made it through! Stretched with my favorite GrowingAnnanas full body stretch - the one with her friend at the lakefront.

I can't believe I'm within sight of the end of EPIC. But I'm feeling tired, so today will be something more stretching/active movement.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle