Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-07-21, 09:48 PM  
bex

Y'all are inspiring me. I've just been riding my bike lately, so I haven't done a formal workout for a few days. Also, last week I tweaked my left shoulder doing Caroline pushup-heavy EMOM and then followed by the KB workout with the snatch ladder, so I figured a few days off wouldn't hurt.

Tonight I'm planning to do EPIC Day 31 Glute & Abs. I might start mixing in some more lighter weights/cardio workouts like GrowingAnnanas. I'm intrigued by the 30 day challenges so appreciate your reviews ChelePA.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 06:17 AM  
IceQueen07

Epic I, Day 6 - Arms and Core. Started with 15lbs, but ended up having to drop to 12's as my form started to go. I did add a 15 min Hiit workout from Heather. One of her really early ones, no timer on the screen and no preview, just written on the top of the screen what is coming up. I really enjoy Epic, but my body seems to need more hiit/cardio to burn some of this flabbiness that seems to be increasing lately. I'm sitting a lot more as I am working remotely so I think that is part of the cause.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 07:41 AM  
buffmama

10 min Heather Robertson Plyometric HIIT. I skipped the broad jumps and did KB swings. 45 sec on, 15 sec off. 30 sec break between 2 rounds. Nothing not to like, easy to substitute lower impact/different moves.
Old 03-08-21, 01:23 PM  
ChelePA

Today was Anna’s Hiit It Harder Day 8 Total Body. No repeats or equipment needed. Loved the music! She did her usual 50 seconds on with 10 seconds of rest. I was so excited thinking there was going to be no burpees but that was wishful thinking. Towards the end she did one legged burpees on each side then finished with squat jacks into a tuck jump. Time flew until those burpees. Haha. I added on a 15 minute yoga routine that stretched my hips and lower back. Definitely needed with the workouts I’ve been doing recently.

Happy Monday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 01:24 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
10 min Heather Robertson Plyometric HIIT. I skipped the broad jumps and did KB swings. 45 sec on, 15 sec off. 30 sec break between 2 rounds. Nothing not to like, easy to substitute lower impact/different moves.
Sounds really good as an add on to a weight day. Thanks for sharing !
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 01:54 PM  
Erica H.

I did Caroline's Epic 2 Shoulders workout scheduled for today (skipped calves). Good workout, but I don't like working shoulders for so long and I think I liked her last shoulder workout better than this one. Used my spin bike with it. Weather is getting better so I should be able to run a few days this week!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 10:31 PM  
bex

As planned, did EPIC Day 31 Glute & Abs last night. Now *that* was a fun workout! Loved the burn and will definitely do this one again!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 06:12 AM  
IceQueen07

Epic I - Day 7 - DB Lower Body or what I will now call death by lunges. This one was a little hard for me as my left knee for some reason was hurting. I ended up doing every other round of lunges with only bodyweight. I really don't like that many lunges. I wish I could find my notes from the first round when I did Epic for reference. I need to look through some more boxes to see if I can find.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 08:41 AM  
buffmama

Beginner Epic Day 5 Full Body HIIT. These seem great for when I need shorter workouts without spending the time to design my own week or a less intense week. Really liked this. 40s work, 20s burpees, 30s rest. Followed with Heather Robertson's Advanced 4 min Tabata. It was no repeat and I only substituted KB swings for one exercise.
Old 03-09-21, 08:46 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Epic I - Day 7 - DB Lower Body or what I will now call death by lunges. .
Definitely Death By Lunges. IIRC, she has another workout later that is just lunges. That one left me sore (I rarely get DOMS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Really liked this. 40s work, 20s burpees,
LOL, I've never followed "really liked this" with burpees!

I did Caroline's Leg day on the Epic 2 rotation today. All standing work and very balanced. It was perfect for me. Went for a run this morning. My legs are going to be dead today! It's nice out and might go for a walk with DH later.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle