Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-03-21, 09:21 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Day 46 Abs and Pushups. Just too-many-pushups. I was good for the first batch went to my knees for most of the second batch and skipped the finisher. Because of the types she was doing it was hard to use the fanny lifter for a lot of them. I'm still feeling them from Sunday. I tried to tell myself that if it doesn't challenge me it doesn't change me. Eh, worked somewhat. Did a 15 min Heather Robertson HIIT afterwards. Maybe that can make up for the pushups?
Old 03-03-21, 10:06 AM  
Erica H.

I did Epic 1/Day 1 lower body. Great workout.

Yesterday I did her pushup workout from Epic 2. Wow, that was tough. It was a really good workout, but I feel like it has a big dread factor with so many pushups. I was starving after it and overate, but I struggle with that anyway so I don't know for sure it was from the workout.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 12:06 AM  
bex

Last night I did Precision Kettlebells' 45 Min Kettlebell HIIT Flow Workout 5.5.

It seemed to fit my working theory, which is that the lower numbers (5.5) are easier and the higher numbers (ie 31.4) are more intense. This had 3 blocks: a circuit of 5 moves done 40:20 and repeated 4x, then a 6 min AMRAP involving a clean-lunge & goblet squat ladder, and another 6 min AMRAP with a snatch-thruster ladder. My heart rate only got into the high-intensity zone on the last AMRAP. It was a good solid workout and it's good to have the option to choose lower intensity sometimes.

After finishing the last AMRAP I felt the need for something else for cool down before the stretch, so I tried Caroline Girvan’s 8 min Glute workout at home. This was one of her early videos (before EPIC) so it doesn't have the preview window for the next move or the beeps to move on to the next exercise. But it's still a well-put-together sequence and exactly fit what I was looking for.

I finished with Kit Rich's no equipment 10 Minute Stretch Routine. Thanks for the recommendation manleym!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 05:41 AM  
IceQueen07

Today is an active rest day on Epic I. I really don't like rest days during the week and also normally only take Sunday off for stretching/relaxing. But today just didn't really feel like doing much so I ended up doing CS Season 12, Ep. 3 and Ep. 4. I may do another workout later, but for now that's it. Have a good day.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 09:13 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Day 47 Legs. A million times better than pushups! And a cardio effect. Felt heavenly (not having Bulgarians helped). Followed with Mr and Mrs Muscle Cardio HIIT no. 63 which was mixed impact.
Old 03-04-21, 10:15 AM  
Erica H.

Epic 1 Day 16 back/biceps Great workout. Went for a run, too. Now I'm wiped out.

Erica
Old 03-04-21, 03:10 PM  
manleym

I'm glad you liked the Kit Rich stretch, Bex! I really like it and think it's a great overall quick stretch. Hmmm...you've got me thinking about trying some more of Precision Kettlebell workouts. Glad to know the one you did is lower intensity, so maybe for a lighter day. Oh, and your welcome for putting the workout title. I just copy and paste from Youtube, but it does help me to have the full title because there have been workouts ya'll have posted that I want to do!

Earlier this week I did Anna's 30 Min Intense Leg Day Workout - With Resistance Bands, No Repeat - (Hiit It Harder Day 2). She didn't use any weights in this workout, just the band and bodyweight. She had her band above her knees and I started with mine there, but wasn't feeling the burn as much as I wanted, so for some moves I moved the band down to around my ankles. And it could be that I need a new band. Seems like there was some barre/toning moves, and just a sprinkle of cardio. I liked this workout for when I want something different than weights. I followed it with Heather's Intense Full Body Strength Workout and really liked this one! She does a move 4 times, 30 seconds per round. At first I thought I would get bored of doing the same exercise for 4 rounds, but I found that I was adjusting the weights for each round. So round 1 I went light. Round 2 heavy. Round 3 light. Round 4 heavy. There's about a 5 second rest between rounds to grab different weights, if wanted. Each workout was about 30 minutes, so they are great add-ons. Finished it with some Five Parks Yoga. Love her practices!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 09:52 AM  
buffmama

My last day of EPIC - Day 48 Upper Body. I used 20lbs (chest presses and rows) -> 6.5lbs (round the world). I think she increased the pushups in each upper body workout throughout the program but I really noticed it this week. I followed with Mr and Mrs Muscle Cardio HIIT no. 65 - I did KB swings instead of jacks, burpees without the pushups round 2-4, and low impact deep punch lunges instead of plyo ones. I'm going to do beginner EPIC next.

What I noticed with EPIC vs other programs. More workouts = less dread even when they're hard. I miss the cardio that comes with working legs on the weeks when there is more upper body. I definitely got stronger. I got good at modifying pretty quickly. Added stretching seemed to make a big difference. Functionally I was in good shape when I started the program, happily none of that has been lost, if anything it's improved. (I was doing pilates and yoga daily as well, short hiit added towards the end of the program.) Two thumbs UP.
Old 03-05-21, 10:21 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
My last day of EPIC - Day 48 Upper Body. I used 20lbs (chest presses and rows) -> 6.5lbs (round the world). I think she increased the pushups in each upper body workout throughout the program but I really noticed it this week. I followed with Mr and Mrs Muscle Cardio HIIT no. 65 - I did KB swings instead of jacks, burpees without the pushups round 2-4, and low impact deep punch lunges instead of plyo ones. I'm going to do beginner EPIC next.

What I noticed with EPIC vs other programs. More workouts = less dread even when they're hard. I miss the cardio that comes with working legs on the weeks when there is more upper body. I definitely got stronger. I got good at modifying pretty quickly. Added stretching seemed to make a big difference. Functionally I was in good shape when I started the program, happily none of that has been lost, if anything it's improved. (I was doing pilates and yoga daily as well, short hiit added towards the end of the program.) Two thumbs UP.
That's great!

I did Sydney Cumming's burn program lower body workout that she posted yesterday (I think) and enjoyed it. Also used my spin bike since it was too cold/windy to run.

Erica
Old 03-05-21, 02:04 PM  
ChelePA

So my plan for March was to do Growingannanas' HIIT it Harder March Challenge. She is releasing a new workout daily. Her workouts are usually 30-40 minutes. So I planned on adding a few chapters or premixes from Cathe, Heather, Caroline, or Kat here and there to get at least 60-75 minutes daily. Since I didn't start the challenge until March 4th due to my daughter's surgery and my birthday workout, I decided to double up to play catch up. Yesterday, I did Circuit Hiit It Harder Day 1...which had 3 circuits, repeated once. It was a total body workout 50 seconds on with 10 seconds rest. That is her usual format for most of her workouts. I then added Hiit It Harder Day 3 with Dumbbells, Full Body, No Repeat. I really liked this one for a quick total body workout. She was using 4 kg weights. Mine varied from 6-8 pounds depending on the move. It had upper and lower body as well as compound and cardio moves plus abs. Today's double was Day 2 Lower Body (using resistance band) and and Day 4 Arms and Abs (no equipment). MANLEYM...thanks for the heads up on the resistance band. I used a heavier band and I think that made a big difference. Anna was struggling on a few exercises so she probably was using a more intense one (good to know for the future). I liked the variety of cardio and leg moves with and without the band. I think I was still feeling it from my Cathe X77 birthday workout and Anna's routines yesterday. The upper body was full of planks and push-ups as expected since you weren't using any equipment. Plus she included core work throughout...sometimes as a compound move. Tomorrow will be another double including Day 5 and Day 6 then I should be on target for the month.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle