Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-28-21, 07:54 AM  
bex

YouTube Stars - Caroline/Heather/GrowingAnnanas +++ Everyone Welcome!

This is a check-in for anyone who enjoys YouTube instructor workouts.

Many of us mix together Caroline Girvan (EPIC 1 or 2), Heather Robertson, GrowingAnnanas, plus conventional DVDs and other workouts.

It doesn't matter if you're working your way through a strict rotation, or if you sometimes dip in and out with stand-alone workouts.

Post every day, or just drop in to share about something you've done.
Feel free to post about other workouts you're mixing in.
Everyone is welcome.

Let's Smash this!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 08:44 AM  
donnamp

This is a great check in idea!!!

I am doing Pahla B's 7 Day March Challenge - today was Day # 1 which was a walk w/ weights.

I also did Robin Long/The Balanced Life - 5 Day Pilates Challenge Day # 1 (ab/core).

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 03:10 PM  
manleym

Last Tuesday I started with Caroline's 5 Min Full Body Warm Up. I was going to do one of her strength workouts but realized I had already done it and while I really liked it, there are just so many good workouts out there I wanted to try something new. So I found Growingannanas 40 Min No Repeat - Full Body Hiit & Strength Workout - With Weights (Dumbbells) and it FIT THE BILL!! I LOVED this workout!! There was a great mix of slow, heavy moves with faster moves; compound and isolation moves; hit upper, lower, core. Great music. And I needed ALL of those components because I've been in a goldilocks mood of having trouble finding the "just right" workout for the day. There have been more workouts recently that I don't want to do, than I do want to do, and this was one I wanted to do. Try it! You'll like it! I finished with Heather Robertson 10 Minute Full Body Mobility And Flexibility Routine since Growingannanas didn't have a cool down or stretch. I think the last move was burpees and then we were done. I needed more of a cool down and stretch. Heather's was a great stretch that I would revisit.

On Saturday I did the same 5 minute warm up, since her Friday workout didn't have one. I did Caroline's Full Throttle Full Body Dumbbell Workout / Cardio | EPIC II - Day 40 - 2/25/21. It was a GREAT slow, heavy strength workout. I liked that in this workout she starts each set of moves using 2 dumbbells, then she drops to 1 dumbbell and the last move is bodyweight. So it's all the same move, just done at different "levels" - 2 dumbbells, then 1, then bodyweight. Each set is done twice, so it doesn't get repetitive but allows you to make adjustments between rounds. I'm feeling it and it was worth doing! I will have to say that there are quite a few bent over moves, so I was a little sore Sunday in my lower back. I finished with Kit Rich no equipment 10 Minute Stretch Routine. It's a great, quick stretch. Great workouts!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 03:16 PM  
IceQueen07

This morning I started Epic I again. I want to go through Epic I again before moving on to II. I am also going to add Classical Stretch Season 12 each evening, 1 episode per night.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 03:54 PM  
donnamp

Candace

- I'm doing CS as well - I'm in Season 11....last disc...then I will start Season 12... I am doing mine either first thing in the morning or mid-day as a break from sitting.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 07:01 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Candace

- I'm doing CS as well - I'm in Season 11....last disc...then I will start Season 12... I am doing mine either first thing in the morning or mid-day as a break from sitting.

Donna
My biggest problem with CS is staying consistent with it. My goal is to make it through the whole season, hoping it helps my flexibility and soreness with doing Epic.

**Candice**
Old 03-01-21, 10:50 PM  
bex

Welcome donnamp! Thanks for joining us.

Last night I did Caroline Girvan's EPIC Day 30, Intense EMOM. Boy, I was *not* in the right frame of mind for this workout. I felt rushed and desperate during the intervals, and having to modify and reduce the number of reps made me feel like I was failing. I'm so used to trying to do movements with good form, I kept feeling like I wasn't, and especially that I was using more quads than glutes during all the squats.

When it ended I was sweaty but didn't feel 'done', and I needed a cool-down. So I went through a Goldilocks period of trying GrowingAnnanas Tabata (no, don't want jumping), then a Mr & Mrs Muscle Full Body HIIT (no, don't want weights), before finally settling on Mr & Mrs Muscle NO JUMPING! Full Body HIIT Workout | FAT BURN | Resistance Band. I did 2 full circuits for 8 mins total, and enjoyed their moves. Will have to do the full workout again later.

For stretch, I reached for Slim & Limber which is always my go-to and soothed my jangled soul.

manleym, I really appreciate how you give the full workout title so we can all find it as well. I've book-marked the Growing Annanas workout you recommended.

IceQueen, I'm really interested in your experience going through EPIC a second time. Please keep sharing!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 05:33 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Welcome donnamp!

IceQueen, I'm really interested in your experience going through EPIC a second time. Please keep sharing!
I'm very interested, too! I plan on doing the same and keeping a workout log this time so I can take notes on the workout. I regret not doing this as I went through the workouts the first time.

I'll probably attempt her pushup workout today that's on the rotation. Not sure if I really want to do pushups for that long...we'll see.

Yesterday I did a GrowingAnnanas leg workout and liked it.

Have a great day everyone!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 09:27 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Day 50 Low Impact BW Total Body HIIT. Good workout but was it really HIIT? I did better with the pushups and balance work so didn't hate it which I think has to do with the work put in so far. I used my fanny lifter for isolated push ups. Did them on the floor when combined with another move. I feel worked out but not shot. Could have/should have gotten a 5-10 min cardio in. Going fast in these moves doesn't really work for me as I don't end up engaging my muscles. 3 more workouts to go (I started on a Sunday with the Sunday workout).
Old 03-03-21, 05:58 AM  
IceQueen07

Forgot to post yesterday - Day 2 - Bodyweight and arms and then this morning, Day 3 Abs/Core. Is it any easier the 2nd time? Not so far, but I absolutely love these workouts. I am the weakest with my abs and core. I decided that this round I am not going to try and keep up with Caroline, I am going to really focus on my form and do what I should have the first time, quality over quantity.

I kept a log the first time, unfortunately we moved and it is packed somewhere. I am still trying to find. I am keeping track again and am going to attempt to go up in my weights. I am also doing the Classical Stretch at night still, so Season 12, day 1 and 2 done.

**Candice**

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle