Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-18-21, 07:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! TGIF!!!!

Yesterday featured:

~ Trifecta Pilates 15 Minute Pilates Workout
~ Walk around neighborhood
~ 8,700 steps.

Pretty sure that was my first Trifecta Pilates and I liked Beth's style.

Diane - oh no! What a horrible scare and I'm sorry you went through it. I'm very grateful for you that it was a level 1 but still. Thank God you have a good fitness program in place. Keep up the good work!

Donna I'll have to look into that Moving Mango channel.

Good morning to Summer Breeze and anyone who checks in!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 08:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm back w/ my workout report:

Yesterday late afternoon/early evening - walk w/ DD. The weather has been perfect here this week - low humidity, not too hot and sunshine. Too bad the whole summer can't be like this - we usually get hot and humid....

Today, so far has been:

Jessica Valent - Sculpted Legs and Abs Barre

My office closed today for Juneteenth so I have the day off.

I will probably go to the barn w/ my DD when she rides her horse. I also have to possibly look into a vet appointment for my Lab. Yesterday I heard her struggling to stand up - so I ran into the room to help her - but her back legs are not good at all - they seem weak and yesterday she seemed confused/dizzy. I am not sure if she had vertigo or a small stroke or if this is just b/c of her legs....she ate and drank fine, and I took her outside to do her business and that went fine as well. I do want to bring her in though to have her checked out. She is able to walk, but it is very unsteady. She has bad arthritis on her front legs and I wonder if maybe she injured her back or something and that is what is affecting her back legs. She is somewhere between 12 and 13...and has been declining over the past year in terms of mobility....so sad to see them age.....

Pat - I like Beth as well - she has her membership opened up for the next few days - it is expensive - $30/month, but I may join for just one month. She does a lot of workouts w/ various bits of equipment which I enjoy, too.

Diane - hope you got your good night's sleep.

Waves, Summer Breeze...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 09:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

Our beautiful weather continues. Hopefully another walk today but I didn't sleep well at all last night and I'm dragging right now.

DIANE, how scary for you! So sorry to hear about the stroke. Thank God you went to the ER right away and it was a low level situation. I hope they can find the cause and you continue to do well.

DONNA, awww sorry about your Lab. I hope the vet can give some answers to help the situation.

PAT, nice workout day.

Waves to all! Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 09:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

41 minute outdoor walk

I did finally manage a walk after dinner last night. The heat is ramping up again but it's manageable so far. I am planning a walk this morning before it gets too hot.

Waves to all !!

Have a wonderful day !
Old 06-19-21, 11:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hello ladies! Happy Saturday!

Yesterday evening was the first in our summer series of concerts in the park. It is the same park where the osprey nest I monitor is located, so I walked down there and then strolled around enjoying the band, smelling enticing aromas from the food trucks and just generally soaking up the life and good feelings all around. What a difference from last summer when the concerts were cancelled and the beach had limited attendance, concession stand closed, and jerks fighting over mask mandates. I am a grateful girl.

Before my walk I dusted off Margaret's Good For You and did back, shoulders and chest from program 1. The video quality isn't so hot, but I really liked the arm workout.

Donna, so sorry to hear your Golden is struggling. I hope the vet can help her.

Did you have a nice walk this morning Summer Breeze? I don't think the heat will be as bad as the last heat wave we had - at least up here. Fingers crossed!

Sending healing hugs to Diane.
Old 06-19-21, 12:22 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I spent the morning at the vet urgent care office - my Lab probably has Old Dog Vestibular Syndrome - basically, vertigo for dogs...

https://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.co...ular-syndrome/

Yesterday she was doing pretty well, but this morning she threw up and did not want to eat her breakfast - a definite sign in a Lab if they do not want to eat...

They really don't know what is causing it - they did blood tests and checked for an ear infection. She's on anti-nausea meds and anti-motion sickness meds. They said it could resolve on its own and if it doesn't she may need more testing.

She seems ok now that we are home. Her head is tilted to one side and she is walking in circles, though.

Hopefully it will just resolve on its own.

Before heading out to the vet I did:

Ellen - Grace and Gusto

We're getting some take out for my DH tonight for father's day.

Pat - sounds like a nice evening!

Summer Breeze - glad you got out - it is getting humid down here.

Waves, Diane, I hope you are feeling well!!

Donna
Old 06-19-21, 03:02 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

First off, thank you for the kind words of healing. I am really doing well. Yesterday I was very mellow and low key but today I'm (stupidly) being Diane. My husband said to me he liked Friday's Diane better. He's so right. I'm just so bummed about being on meds, about the whole situation, blah, blah, blah. I just have to get over myself, keep doing the right things, and step out of the pity party.

Tuesday seeing my PCP for follow-up then in 2 weeks a bubble echocardiogram. I have a list of questions, including one that may sound weird to some but not to this crowd. On Sunday, I was doing a lot of headstands. Googling that, it said that it could impede the carotid nerves and initiate a stroke - very rare but I still want to find out if it's possible. I forgot to tell the docs and nurses that I do a lot of yoga.

So, with that said, here's my workouts!
Friday:
Began with yoga Yoga
A flat 6 1/2 mile bike ride
More yoga in the afternoon

Today:
Pushups
Bad Yogi's Upper Body Strength & Abs (noticed a slight decline in strength in my left arm. I shouldn't be surprised but that set me off - ya think I need more yoga and meditation????
Yoga
Hoping to do a little more later on based on how I feel

But it's all good and I will not open the medical bills - leaving that to my husband because he doesn't want a spike in my blood pressure! You see, I come from a family of worriers. Stupid, no?

See you all tomorrow!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 07:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

41 minute outdoor walk

I got a later start than I planned for my walk yesterday and it was hot! Not sure if I'll walk today or not. The kids and I have some plans to honor their dad for Father's Day so I'll take it from there. We're going to his favorite lake where he used to like to fish years ago so maybe we'll walk up that way.

PAT, nice job with MR. Your evening at the summer concert sounds so lovely and rejuvenating. All the local towns around here have those concert series in the summer, they're fun! We got into the low 90s and humid yesterday but I don't think it's as bad as the last heat wave for sure.

DONNA, glad you were able to get some answers and meds from the vet. I hope things improve for your sweet lab.

DIANE, I don't blame you one bit for worrying and having a lot of questions. I'm the same way and it's a serious situation.
I hope you continue to feel well. And definitely don't read those medical bills

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 06-20-21, 07:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Whew it was humid yesterday. I went to the gym mostly for the air conditioning. I did the usual recumbent bike/weight machines routine.

Summer Breeze - sending hugs. I was thinking today would be hard for you. The outing to the lake sounds like a beautiful tribute - good luck whichever way the day progresses.

Donna, I feel so bad for your Golden. It's hard enough in humans, but at least we know what's happening. She must be confused and sad. Hopefully it will resolve on its own. Good for you on getting your workout in.

Diane - hmm on the yoga headstand. I wonder if inverting caused something that was already there to dislodge? Who can blame you for feeling bummed. It sure hasn't slowed you down!

DS will be visiting this afternoon, can't wait to see him. I'm making a vegan potato salad and got a porterhouse steak for DH (normally not allowed, LOL). I'm also grilling asparagus and my signature Caprese grilled portobello caps.

Have a great day!
Old 06-20-21, 09:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and I ended up doing a short walk. Today, it is supposed to be hot and humid, so we shall see if a walk can happen. Tomorrow she starts her job at the horse riding camp so she is probably going to be too tired to walk in the evenings after being out all day in the sun/heat - so I may migrate to more indoor walking w/ the occasional dog walk when it is not too hot for them.

I'm cautiously optimistic about my Lab - she is keeping her head straight - not tilted to one side as it was yesterday and her eye movements (nystagmus) seem to be better. From what I read about it - it generally does resolve on its own and you just manage the symptoms until it does (w/ anti nausea and anti-motion sickness meds). She also needs help eating, drinking and walking - but hopefully she will get back to some semblance of normal in a few days. If it doesn't she will probably need more expensive tests to find out what is causing it. Fingers crossed. Glad I'm still working from home, too.

Anyway - this morning was:

Ellen - Serene Strength
Ellen - Pilates Mix
Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Yoga to Wake Up - Kassandra filmed this outdoors - it was low key - and nice to heard the nature sounds.

Pat - your menu sounds great!!

((HUGS)) Summer Breeze

And ((HUGS)) to you too, Diane. I understand about worrying and being Type A. I'm the same way. I have mellowed out a little bit but there is room for improvement. I can also understand how defeated you may feel to have to take meds after not being on regular meds your whole life - it is a bit of a shock to the system and makes you feel a bit more mortal than you may like. Write all your questions down - when I am dealing w/ something overwhelming I tend to keep a Google Doc open and just write down thoughts/questions, scenarios, etc. It will help you to remember what to ask the dr.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

Donna

Tags
jim fixx