Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-09-21, 04:19 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I have to do a fly by - been having a hard time keeping my head in the game the past couple days.

Last night I managed my good old friend, Winsor 20 Minute Workout and Lee Holden 7 Minutes of Magic PM Extended.

While running around doing my Saturday errands I treated myself to tea and lunch at the vegan cafe and then drove out to the new age book store to browse around, and bought myself a couple of meditation crystals as a belated Christmas present.

Hoping you are all well.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 08:02 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Finally, something different.

Nia Soul2Soul about 40 minutes of light dance.
Then Bikini Babes 10 minute arm work, some wall pushups and bridge work.

I would like some Dance shoes. Does anyone have recommendations? Light, tight to the feet (not bulky) cushiony and spin worthy?

Pat It's been a crazy week (year) give yourself a break. And I'm jealous you have a new age store/crystal shop in your town.

Donna How is your progression with Pahla? She seems a bit tough to me but you've stuck with it. Do you think you've become stronger?

Summer Breeze Nice walk and kettle ball swings! That must have been a good stress burn.

Enjoy the weekend!

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 08:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight - Day 9 - this was one of my favorite styles a "power" walk - basically alternating walking w/ a low impact exercise. This was set up as walking interval, low impact 1, low impact 2, walking interval, low impact 3, low impact 4, etc. Pahla talked about endurance, among other things - she is beyond chatty - but I have grown used to it and enjoy her company these days.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 9 - Balance - this was a nice practice from Adriene. Day 8 was a little too slow paced for the morning, so I will fit that one in some evening -

Yesterday I walked my Golden Girl and did CS 1103.

I definitely have CS 1104 planned for later today.

My DD is going to a horse event today so I will have to go at some point as well - it is for a "schooling" class - and I have to go b/c she is not 18 yet.... It isn't that I don't like watching her - it is just that I hate sitting in the cold....maybe I can walk around the area...

Gypsy Rose - that looked like a fun combo!

Pat - your day sounded lovely with the vegan lunch and bookstore stop...

Summer Breeze - i am not sure why I struggle to be consistent w/ CS - I enjoy it, it is beneficial....maybe it is just the exercise ADD.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 08:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday:

60 kettlebell swings

I'm glad I remembered the swings since I didn't get to walk yesterday. I am planning a walk later today and maybe more.

PAT, your lunch and bookstore visit sound lovely amidst your errands. Ah good ol' Winsor. I need to break the B&T dvd out.

ROSE, that does sound like a nice workout combo. Sorry I don't have any recs for dance shoes. Maybe do a search on GD?
I think I vaguely remember a thread at one point about dance shoes but it may be older.

DONNA, great consistency with your January routine. Yeah the exercise ADD is real

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 10:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Sunday!

Yesterday featured Yoga With Kassandra - Yin Yoga for Digestion. The rest was running around.

Summer Breeze, do you generally do the basic KB swings? I have to get back on my box climbs and butt bridges. I hope we both get our walks in, it seems to be chilly but nice out.

Donna, that Pahla walking workout sounds good. Ellen's Flat Belly workouts are like that. Very effective! Good luck at your DD's event today.

Rose, I was looking for dance shoes like that and found Zappos to have a really good selection. They have Capezio and Bloch, both. Unfortunately I couldn't find any that fit my feet because of the joint damage but maybe you'll have better success.
Old 01-11-21, 09:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Miraculously, I'm still doing Pahla's challenge, LOL!

Today was:

Pahla B- Walk off the Weight - Day 10 - Gentle Toning. This was about right for what I needed today - it was mainly toning - w/ light weights, done inchworm style. I think the intervals were 20 seconds/10 seconds??? The way she does the inchworms is exercise 1, rest, exercise 1 and 2, rest, exercise 2 and 3, rest and so on.....

Jessica Valent - Arms & Abs Pilates (20 min)

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 min Morning Stretch.

Pat - I guess I channeled you in doing Yoga w/ Kassandra.

Waves, Summer Breeze and Gypsy Rose....

Happy "Moan" day!

Donna

Confession, I am not sure if I want to continue w/ Adriene. I used to love her, but now...I'm not sure, I can't put my finger on what it is but I'm becoming annoyed by her practices, and I have no idea why. Maybe it is the talking, but I am working out w/ Pahla and she talks non stop. Anyway, we shall see how things go.....
Old 01-11-21, 09:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

39 minute outdoor walk

It was such a lovely day yesterday and the walk felt so good. I am planning another walk today and possibly more.

PAT, I just do basic kettlebell swings. My bell is kinda light for two handed swings, 15 lbs, so I do one handed swings. I would like to get a 25 lber one day but I'll see.

DONNA, getting annoyed during a yoga practice kind of defeats the purpose right?
If that's happening, I think it's time to let Adrienne go, at least for now.

Hi ROSE.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 09:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Moan Day!

I got to the beach for a nice walk yesterday. Chilly, but I bundled up and enjoyed a nice 1.7 mile walk. I love it when only the hardcore walkers are there and everyone smiles or says hi in passing.

I also hit the gym for a very quick workout. I plan to start Lucy's January challenge today and hope to do either some Margaret or Jane Fonda tonight.

Thanks for the KB feedback Summer Breeze. Think I will look for a cheap one at Ocean State Job Lot and incorporate some swings.

Donna, yeah on sticking to the challenge! Sounds like maybe you have too many chatty ladies in your rotation right now. That's one of the things I like about Kassandra, she is so mellow.

Good morning Rose!
Old 01-11-21, 09:05 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

LWR Cardio Challenge and ab work. That was about 25 minutes and it was good- I did the easier version. Pat- do you do the harder versions with her workouts?

Some bridge work and wall push-ups.

That's all for now- Waves!
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 08:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Day 11 (Balance Practice). I really was not expecting to like this workout - but I did....one circuit repeated 2X - first round was 40 sec cardio/20 sec balance the second round she reverse to 40 sec balance, 20 sec cardio. I actually do have pretty decent balance so I didn't struggle all that much with this one. I wonder if balance may be a genetic thing - my DD also has good balance - she rides horses (and, knock wood, has only fallen a few times) and she ice skates....I don't do either of those things, so not sure where my balance comes from.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath Day 10 - Connect - well, what a difference a day makes, I was in the mood for Adriene today. I think the key with me doing her challenges is going with the flow so to speak and skipping days as I need to. Today she was fine and didn't bother me at all.

Jessica Valent - PT for SI Joint. I like this short workout for the SI joint.

Yesterday for extra activity I did CS 1105 and about 15 min of a Walking Online Workout. My subscription to WOW ends in a few days so I figure I'll use those for some extra activity until my sub ends.

Gypsy Rose - good job, LWR is so much fun - I like her personality. I tend to go for the lower impact variations of everything she does. Jumping just doesn't agree with me!

Pat - I'm considering Lucy next, after I finish Pahla. You are right, I think I have too much chatter in my workouts, LOL! I do like Kassandra a lot - I was considering trying her paid membership just to see what it is like...it isn't too pricey compared to other sites. She also does a monthly series that follows the moon - I think you pay one time for it and can keep access/download the workouts - not sure. I also just love when she has her pets in the video. Of course Adriene has Benji and Pahla has her dog, Blossom and her kitties (Agatha is one kitty, I forget the other's name). Good job on your walk!

Summer Breeze, yes, LOL, getting annoyed during yoga defeats the purpose!

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna

Tags
jim fixx