Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-08-21, 11:26 PM  
Leonana

Today was the You Tube 30 Minute Total Body workout (Prenatal Approved). I like this one because Jessica moves slower and I can use a heavier weight.

Yesterday when I did my volunteer filing, the office employee I work for told me she had COVID two weeks ago. I was pretty sure it was her! I work in close proximity to her in a small office, so was surprised I wasn't told that she was the employee. She said her son came down with it first, and she quarantined herself immediately. She came down with symptoms a couple of days later. I appreciated that she handled it so responsibly.

Donna, the piriformis is better today. I guess I need to stay away from repetitive squats. I think our car hurts it also, from pressing on the gas and brake with my right leg. I'm sorry about your hip pain.

Pam, it sounds like I need to avoid Slim Series! I did like NYC, but the leg work is not going to work for me. I did like the newer KCM I found at Goodwill. I still have one more from Thriftbooks to try out, and it's a newer one. I am feeling better, thanks for asking. Taking a rest day yesterday helped, along with the Tylenol.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. Yes, buying used dvds makes it less risky!
Old 01-09-21, 08:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight - Day 8 - Strength Training. This was an nice routine - I like the simplicity of her weight training workouts and her messages about them and their importance even if they don't show up on your step counter.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 7 - Synchronize

My DD is ditching me today to go hiking w/ friends - so no walk w/ her. I may take my Golden out for a walk - maybe a nice slow one to allow her plenty of time to sniff around.

I will also get my CS in - it ihas proven to be just what I needed to get my hip and lower back back into the happy range. I don't know why I am not more consistent with it....b/c whenever I am I notice changes.

I have been adding the CS on as a mid-day break from sitting. A new challenge is starting on Monday - but not sure if I want the "pressure" of a challenge, LOL!

I did do CS 1102 yesterday.

Sherry - I am surprised that you weren't told by your employer. While I see respecting peoples confidentiality - telling someone who was in close contact should be fine in the case of a public health crisis! It is good that she quarantined herself. Oh, I watched some PT on You Tube who mentioned how driving can be very irritating to the back and hips b/c you are using one foot more than the other.

wishiwasinhawaii - I hope your nephew has a speedy recovery and no one else gets it. I agree - out of my DD's top 4 schools, I think she should go w/ the in-state options to save $$ and she got scholarships, too, which will save even more.

Pam - I have modified the burpees, mountain climbers, etc. with a chair or my step so it isn't so hard to get up and down.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 02:43 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today is a rest day on the schedule so I've been doing work around the house and will walk later.

Donna, Does you DD have a clear favorite among the in-state schools?

Sherry, I agree with Donna that your employer should have told you someone you were in close contact with at work had COVID. I know all the states have different rules for this though, so maybe it's not required in AZ, but still... Good thing the person was responsible. So many are not these days.

Waves, Pam!

Back to the laundry...
Old 01-09-21, 03:21 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong Day 13 (Total Body Training!)

Hi Ladies,

I really enjoyed this one. I might like it even better than the Upper and Lower Body workouts from this set. It's good without overdoing any particular muscle group.

Sherry, I agree with the others that you should have been told about the employee who had Covid immediately, especially working in such a small space. It's good that you're okay, though. ;-)

wishiwasinhawaii, sorry to hear about your nephew getting Covid, also! I think I may have mentioned my brother had it around Thanksgiving. I'm sure it's not fun for anyone who's gotten it, and it has been life threatening for so many. At your nephew's young age, he'll probably be just fine soon enough. It's probably more of a nuisance, than anything!

Donna, I miss doing CS workouts, at times. They are very beneficial and gentle to the body. I'd like to get back to them at some point.

Enjoy the weekend!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 06:37 PM  
Leonana

Today was Prehab Routine. You guys influenced me! It felt really good for my neck, I should have used this when my neck was really sore.

I keep thinking I will walk outdoors or ride my bike, then I get lazy. I guess I do need a dog to get me outdoors.

Thanks for the input. Actually, the hospice office isn't my employer, it's where I volunteer. Still, you want to keep your volunteers healthy! I'm in only one day a week, but I do work closely with her. I was in on a Thursday, and they told me on Tuesday. I told the volunteer coordinator I didn't have symptoms, so maybe he thought there wasn't a need. Still, I am puzzled a bit about it. I think in Arizona it's up to each business as to how they handle it.
Old 01-10-21, 08:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight - Day 9 - this was one of my favorite styles a "power" walk - basically alternating walking w/ a low impact exercise. This was set up as walking interval, low impact 1, low impact 2, walking interval, low impact 3, low impact 4, etc. Pahla talked about endurance, among other things - she is beyond chatty - but I have grown used to it and enjoy her company these days.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 9 - Balance - this was a nice practice from Adriene. Day 8 was a little too slow paced for the morning, so I will fit that one in some evening -

Yesterday I walked my Golden Girl and did CS 1103.

I definitely have CS 1104 planned for later today.

My DD is going to a horse event today so I will have to go at some point as well - it is for a "schooling" class - and I have to go b/c she is not 18 yet.... It isn't that I don't like watching her - it is just that I hate sitting in the cold....maybe I can walk around the area...

wishiwasinhawaii - Hope your nephew is doing ok..my DD will probably end up at one of the two in-state options since they are more affordable and she can save $$ for grad school - which I'm sure she will need....I think she may be leaning towards the smaller school, but the larger one is closer to home....

Pam - I liked all of the strength workouts in WS1....some of the strength workouts in WS2 were a little hard on my back as I recall. Although I have improved in my ability to do dead lifts...so maybe it would be different now.

Sherry -Prehab Sounds good! I know what you mean, I have a hard time going out when it is cold...I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 03:05 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong Day 14 (Active Rest Day!)

Hi Ladies,

I did Jessica's Power Walk (mile one), along with warmup and cooldown. I honestly haven't spent that much time with this DVD and it's very good! If I have a bit more time today, I'd like to get some stretching in. I wish I still had my pilates reformer, because I'd like the machine to do most of the work, lol! So maybe later on I'll try dragging out my Supreme Pilates to see if that satisfies my craving.

Hope you all are enjoying the day!

Current Rotation:
Old 01-10-21, 11:18 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Cardio Party and a walk outside. It was sunny here, but only 35 degrees when I was walking. It was nice to get out though. I'm a cold weather wimp too. I really have to force myself to get outside in the winter.

Donna, My nephew is doing ok. He still does not have symptoms, thank goodness. How was your DD's horse event?

Sherry, Glad you enjoyed the Prehab routine. It's been good revisiting and reminding myself of how good the workouts on WS 1 are.

Pam, I alternated between Power Walk and Get Strong for most of the summer. Love both DVDs.
Old 01-10-21, 11:49 PM  
Leonana

Rest day today. DH and I did go to a mattress discount store and buy dd a new mattress and boxsprings. She had a twin and now wants a full. She turned 20 a week ago and this was her birthday present. I thought it would be too big for her room, but it looks nice. One of our cats sleeps with her, and she said she needs more room because she crowds her, lol. I looked in and the cat was still crowding her on the bed, lol.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm glad your nephew has no symptoms. Hopefully, he will continue to be well.

Donna, I am a real wimp in the cold. The highs are in the 60's, and I'm always cold!

Pam, I didn't realize reformers help with stretching. That sounds nice.
Old 01-11-21, 12:39 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post

I did Jessica's Power Walk (mile one), along with warmup and cooldown. I honestly haven't spent that much time with this DVD and it's very good! If I have a bit more time today, I'd like to get some stretching in.
I later added Jessica's Feel Good Fusion (Flow Cardio) which was a nice workout for this evening.

Current Rotation:

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy