Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-21, 10:49 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Knock knock, hello!

Curious mind here - what is a Watulan?
You guys crack me up! Watulan indeed!! I love this group and laugh at our name all the time. It’s so silly and so beloved (at least to me). Yes, Watula was the name of one of Cataddict’s cats and her current avatar. Sadly Watula is no longer with us, but her name lives on with us. Remember when we had our imaginary band, The Fierce Watulans?! I still chuckle when I think of that. isn’t that when Linda started using her cowbell?!?
Old 01-03-21, 12:38 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks!! RIP Watula.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 01:02 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans!! UG, I have the impending sense of doom/down-ness again and I'm trying to fight it off but having a hard time!

Show of hands, who here wishes they could take one of Garrie's classes (waves hands wildly over here)?? I bet they rock!

FOLV, thank you for the awesome bells performance!!! I can't wait until we finish STS just for another one! You rock! And also thank you for alerting me to Kim's NO PURGE mantra, hah!!

Kim, I agree that you are way more fierce than you give yourself credit for! I'm not at all surprised you enjoyed The Viper. Of course you did!

Bee, you leave that tree up as long as you want! I'm trying to decide on a Slogging Sunday workout. I am leaning towards Cardio Fusion on a 6-inch step this time. Of course, To The Max and Crossfire are still staring at me from the shelf. Shhhh....stop staring at me!!

Cataddict, ChelePA, and Manleym, I would totally join you for Imax Extreme this week! Cataddict, let us know when your knee is up to it...and take care of that knee! I'm also sorry to hear you felt down. I feel like all I ever hear is bad news and sometimes it's just TOO MUCH.

FN2, nope, no squat rack for me, so it's going to be Plyo Legs which I've wanted to try for eons anyway. What other workouts are you thinking of doing for our recovery week?

And Manleym, that totally happens to me too where beginning of the week vs end of the week can really make a difference in how hard a workout feels. It can be night or day sometimes, I swear!!

Nathalie, that Live was on my 'to try' list too before I cancelled Live. Glad to know it's a good one! I'll also have to check out that app.

ChelePA, I'm also kind of dreading returning to 'business as usual' UG. Poor Winston!! I hope he adjusts well to having less attention over the day.

Horusosiris, I beg to differ on your creativity. I'm with Kim, the things you do and come up with simply amaze me! You don't give yourself enough credit! Creativity takes on a lot of different forms and you certainly have it!

Pat58 and Paine, join us!! And OMG, yes, Kim, The Fierce Watulans!! So many things about this group over the last year make me giggle!!

Wow, this thread is already busy and I hope I didn't miss anybody. Waves and hugs all the way around....stay fierce, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 01:04 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yes, Kim, I believe that was when Linda started using her cowbell.

Wow, 2/3 the way through STS..... you FN gals rock! I know I definitely did real recovery weeks when I went through STS. Couldn't think about doing much.

I'm glad people enjoyed the Viper -- I think it's funny that it was a "slog" workout for me but "fun" workout for others! I'm definitely up for doing IMAX extreme for this Friday if that's what people want to do.

I forgot to tell you guys the funniest (most embarrassing?) part of my workout yesterday..... I had put on legging capris with jeans over them to do an early run to the grocery store. When I got home it was just so darn cold (I always say I'm a heat wimp but I'm starting to think I'm a weather wimp) that I started my workout with my jeans still on and I never really warmed up enough to change that. Kind of crazy. Today was another matter..... for Slogging Sunday I picked..... drumroll please...... To The Max!! kittybug, you can do this! Here's how I modified: I never added more risers and I paused between major sections, but.... I did the whole thing! That's a first ever, and right now I feel like it can be a last, but I know some day I will want to see if I can do it again. Crossfire will have to wait a bit.... it looked too scary in the preview. Oh, and how did I miss that you were a dancer? Professionally? I want to hear more!!

After To the Max I thought I wanted some yin yoga so I pulled out Emily Clare's Gratitude that I have loved in the past! This morning I wasn't feeling the love.... I was later so the chickens were all in laying mode. They get very loud when they lay, so here I am trying to be zen and grateful with squawk squawk squawk in the background. I did get through it but it wasn't what I was hoping for.

Hope everyone has a nice day. The world is full of sad news and it just keeps pummeling us. Let's try to keep our heads up. xox
Old 01-03-21, 01:12 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, I meant to tell those of you who are picking a word of the year.... yesterday I saw an ad for jewelry -- there was a necklace and maybe a bracelet -- that has a circle with a word engraved on it. Seemed like a neat way to make sure you're motivated if you're into that sort of thing.

Also heard on the Happier podcast that sometimes people choose a color of the year to help keep them focused on something that color stands for (red for love, purple for tranquility, green for nature, etc. or whatever you choose) and that can be used to help deal with decision fatigue -- pick that color for anything and everything. I may not be doing the idea justice but if I've piqued your curiosity you can check out Gretchen Rubin's podcast.
Old 01-03-21, 02:48 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Oh, I meant to tell those of you who are picking a word of the year.... yesterday I saw an ad for jewelry -- there was a necklace and maybe a bracelet -- that has a circle with a word engraved on it. Seemed like a neat way to make sure you're motivated if you're into that sort of thing.

Also heard on the Happier podcast that sometimes people choose a color of the year to help keep them focused on something that color stands for (red for love, purple for tranquility, green for nature, etc. or whatever you choose) and that can be used to help deal with decision fatigue -- pick that color for anything and everything. I may not be doing the idea justice but if I've piqued your curiosity you can check out Gretchen Rubin's podcast.
Just wanted to say I love that podcast! If anyone is looking for more cheerful motivational podcasts— This is the one. It’s called the Happier podcast with Gretchen Rubin.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 04:05 PM  
lavna

Hello everyone!

Today was a TB workout so I combined Live 323 Legs express moderate weights + Live 234 Strong express UB. I also went for a walk. I got another legs workout too because it snowed yesterday and walking in that snow was a calf and hamstring workout!

kittybug: I'm with you on the feeling of doom. The number of Covid cases are increasing here and the health system is stretched to its limits. It very probable that soon, they won't be able to treat everyone with the consequences that come with that. Also, my dad had an MRI before Christmas and his doctor wants to see him next week. That's usually not good news. I'm afraid that with the hospitals loaded, his access to the investigations/treatments needed will be delayed. He's in general good health but he's 82...

My back is much better. I think that stretching everyday helps. I try to do it first thing in the morning. I'm at my stiffest (!) but I think it helps for the rest of the day.

bee: Love your jeans story!

horusosiris: I wasn't the one who commented on Lord of the rings. I wonder who did?

cataddict: Take care of your knee. Good for you for doing all the Perfect30 cardio workouts anyway!

Waves to all! Have a great Sunday!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 06:05 PM  
manleym

Hi Watulan Friends!

Horusosiris weren't those playoff games something? Bama/Notre Dame - no surprise there, but the Clemson/Ohio State game! Ohio State SHOWED UP! That was a GREAT game! The championship game could be interesting. Or could be another Bama blowout. It will be interesting to see how Ohio State holds up to Bama.

Horusosiris and Cataddict, hubby started reading The Silmarillion years ago but found it kinda boring. From what he said, it's more of the notes/background of how Tolkien came up with LOTR, compiled by his son. Like ya'll, we have all of the books, movies, and even some audio books - from the Hobbits to the trilogy. Love all of them.

Nathalie I may have been the one who made the comments about Lord of the Rings since we were watching it. I share the same faith beliefs as Tolkien and Lewis so for me their books are rich with symbolism representing that faith. Please keep us posted on your dad. We will be praying for the both of you. I know the waiting and not knowing is so hard. I well remember that with both of my parents. Hugs to you!

Cataddict I think I did the same Perfect 30 combo as you and really liked it. Was it a premix? Can't remember, but I do remember doing it and really liking that combo. May have to revisit it next week. And hope your knee heals soon. Sorry to hear you tweaked it. Take good care of yourself.

Bee love your jeans story! That sounds like something I would do! And like you, I'm a weather wimp too. I HATE being cold but don't like really hot either. But I'm a sun girl. I need the sun to be shinin'! We had two days of gray, rainy, cold days and I was so glad to see the sun again.
Congrats on doing To the Max! If you can do that, you would have no problem with Crossfire. You can do it! And yes, Kittybug could FLY through TTM!

Cataddict, ChelePA, and Kittybug I'm in for IE for Fun Friday! Wanna join us, Bee? You gave us the idea for doing Terminator, for which I am thankful.

Agree with all regarding the need for stretching, flexibility, and mobility. I have REALLY noticed a difference since I've added more of it to my workouts.

I found a copy of Cathe's High Step Training on Amazon for less than $10. Is it worth having or does she have just as good, if not better, circuit workouts? Either dvd or Live?

Hugs and waves to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 06:36 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Popping in here really quick...Manleym, GET HIGH STEP TRAINING. OMG. I LOVE that one! And were you talking about C. S. Lewis? I adore his work so, so much.

Nathalie, I'm sorry you're feeling the stress to. I've had a really bad day today, just could NOT shake this feeling of doom.

I put in Cardio Fusion today, intending to do it on just 6 inches, then got a wild hair because of the over-nervous feeling I had and did it as designed, 8 inches down to 6, no mods, no extra breaks, no nothing, and I DID IT! I was soaking wet, needless to say. Then after that, my husband and I went for a long walk around the neighborhood because it's actually kinda nice out today for this time of year. I think I've burned out a lot of the adrenaline that's been coursing through my veins for no good reason, hah! Or so I hope.

Bee, your jeans story, hah hah hah!!!! Thank you for sharing that, it cheered me up!

Okay, so Imax Extreme on Friday, yay!

And I so need to get back to adding in more yoga and stretching. I stretch for a long time after each workout just on my own but lately, it's not enough.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 06:43 PM  
horusosiris

This group is truly a ray of sunshine in my days.

Come one! Come ALL!
to the very first practice session of the Fierce Watulan Deities ensemble. I am still waiting for our Fierce Watulan ensemble to get started. Let’s not put it off any longer because 2021 is here! I have saved some of my best compositions for this ensemble.

Garrie- what instrument do you play or are you a vocalist? Everyone has a place in our ensemble.

FOLV -You have been giving us snippets of your cowbell solo so let us hear the full piece.

Kitty and Manelym- I too love High Step Training. Have you ever done High Step Challenge or High Step Training Advanced? I like all three but my favorite is High Step Training.

Kitty and Nathalie- fight that feeling of doom off! I hope that the feeling passes very soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Chel- Yes, it is sad that the holidays are over. Maybe we can keep the spirit of the holidays going all year long?

Bee- I agree with Manelym- If you can do To the Max, you can definitely do Crossfire. The color of the year- I wonder what I would pick? I love all colors but my absolute favorite is blue. You exercised in your jeans the other day? We should all exercise in high heels- LOL. I remember seeing The High Heel workout. Was it a workout done in high heels or a workout to do to be able to wear and walk in high heels?

Manelym- Now should I read Silmarillion? I may put it on my to do list for 2021 This is one of the many things that I love about Tolkien. for if one is faithful or faithless, there is something in his books that most can admire, find thought provoking, comforting or just enjoy it for a masterpiece of a literary work.

Catadidct, Chel, Manelym and Kitty- I have been eyeing doing Imax Extreme. Is that the Fun Friday workout? Putting all of those workouts together- now that is a feat. I do the Stretch Max no equipment workout often. It is my favorite on that DVD.

Lavna- I hope all goes well with your father’s medical visit. Unfortunately, the health care system, in too many places, is stretched to the limits.

Here is to a prosperous and cheerful week for everyone!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in