Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-13-21, 04:08 PM  
buffmama

So the current plan is to start Sydney Cummings Summertime Fine 3.0 this week. If I like it I will alternate weeks with Caroline's Heat. That will give me some variety and allow me to continue with the strength work. The fact that it will take 6 months to finish is something I'm not thinking about.... The first 4 weeks of Summertime are mostly full body - 2 days a week are upper/lower splits in subsequent weeks she does more isolated work. Looks likes periodization so I can also break it up that way. Will reassess after the first week. Putting my own weeks together is just too work.
Old 06-14-21, 03:45 PM  
Vantreesta

I should have skipped today. I woke up with a headache so decided to postpone my run till tonight but I went ahead and tried my other workouts. I did my boxing app workout, day 1 of the swing challenge and my Conditioning workout (consisting of squat thrusts, db double cleans, side to side hops, plank drags, dead bugs and bird dogs) and my head just got worse and worse. Ditched the Crossrope workout and did a stretch. I still just feel crummy even after eating. Not sure the run is gonna happen tonight.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 04:04 PM  
Vantreesta

Just a 2.25 mi hot run for me today and Helen Clare's Quick Post-run Yoga Routine. I don't think I'll be getting in day 2 of the swing challenge today.

I spent the morning cleaning house. My dad will be here by suppertime!

Buff, someone in my check in on Total Fitness loves Sydney Cummings and has been doing her workouts for quite a while. Hope you enjoy them!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-16-21, 12:32 PM  
Vantreesta

1 mi run (in under 10 minutes even with walking the first minute!) and 10 min stretch on my own. Have a great day!

Old 06-17-21, 07:44 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
1 mi run (in under 10 minutes even with walking the first minute!) and 10 min stretch on my own. Have a great day!
Good job Vannie!
Old 06-17-21, 09:14 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, buff! I don't know how much endurance I've lost doing these short runs but I do seem to be a little faster on them at least!

Old 06-17-21, 12:40 PM  
SandyO

Finally done with EPIC HEAT. I took some extra days to rest and rehab my shoulder after the push up workout. I substituted as needed for the final two workouts to safe guard the shoulder. This was mainly for the EMOM HIIT workout which called for 150 push ups... not happening. The push up round was 5 crouch to push up (I did crouch to plank), 10 push ups (I did from knees with hands on my stepper on highest height), and 5 burpees. Doing the exercises this way left me about 10 seconds left for my rest for the minute. There were three sets of exercises each done ten rounds. The first grouping were lunge type exercises, the push ups in the middle, and curtsey lunge/squats the last group. I'm glad it's over. It is a great series, but I really grew to dread it by the end. Five days of intense workouts per week doesn't give me enough time to recover.
Old 06-18-21, 07:44 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Finally done with EPIC HEAT.

The push up round was 5 crouch to push up (I did crouch to plank), 10 push ups (I did from knees with hands on my stepper on highest height), and 5 burpees. Doing the exercises this way left me about 10 seconds left for my rest for the minute.

I'm glad it's over. It is a great series, but I really grew to dread it by the end. Five days of intense workouts per week doesn't give me enough time to recover.
Woo hoo Sandy! Way to go. We must celebrate the victories.

Looks like you modified the moves but didn't decrease any of the reps. I am not worthy - I decrease those babies to my hearts delight.

Give yourself credit for jumping into the deep end. I know Heat is going to be hard, even after I and II. I am not going to increase weights as the time under pressure increases. Maybe if/when I repeat EPIC I the weights will increase. Maybe. If. I'm not even ready to increase my weights with Sydney! (But I am thinking about it once I learn her structure. Still working on glute activation.)
Old 06-18-21, 08:06 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Woo hoo Sandy! Way to go. We must celebrate the victories.

Looks like you modified the moves but didn't decrease any of the reps. I am not worthy - I decrease those babies to my hearts delight.

Give yourself credit for jumping into the deep end. I know Heat is going to be hard, even after I and II. I am not going to increase weights as the time under pressure increases. Maybe if/when I repeat EPIC I the weights will increase. Maybe. If. I'm not even ready to increase my weights with Sydney! (But I am thinking about it once I learn her structure. Still working on glute activation.)
Well, she offered 5 burpees as an option instead of 10, and she offered 10 squat jumps instead of 20. I took the lower options as the ONLY way to get any rest for the minutes.
Old 06-18-21, 02:01 PM  
Vantreesta

Fri check-in: 1.5 mi run and 30 minutes of stretch, foam roll and glute activation. My left calf cramped up on my run but foam rolling and stretching didn't release it so not sure what's up with that. I stay well hydrated. Hopefully it will work itself out.

Yesterday morning I was too tired to run after 3 nights of 9:10 starts for baseball games on the west coast plus I "have to" watch the post-game show so very late nights. I intended to run then last night but when I got ready to go my Garmin battery was dead so of course it was just impossible to run without that! So it was a rest day!