Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-17-21, 11:09 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Lynn Good luck with the new kettlebell challenge.

Steps for yesterday: 6,058
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 06:46 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Lynn, I'm glad you're going to see someone about your shoulder. It's been quite awhile since yours started. My shoulder and back went bad less than 24 hours after my 2nd Moderna injection. The surgeon says it's from a cortisone injection I had a few months before surgery. Apparently cortisone up to a year before surgery can mess with a rotator repair later. If the anti-inflammatory doesn't work, and I think it already stopped working, the Dr will give me another cortisone injection when I go back in two weeks. Fight fire with fire I guess. It's just so frustrating.

My honey and I did some grocery shopping earlier. He mowed my acre and now he's weed whacking. What a guy!

I used the Tony Little Gazelle on the front porch for 10 minutes to see if the arm movement helps or hurts. The porch is screened so it isn't easy for people to see me. It's really screened to keep Meow Meow contained. The porch doors are locked so she can't get out.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 09:01 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-17-21, 10:14 PM  
seabliss

No workout to report--too busy. Yesterday I got a lot of steps (my new fitbit apparently had a celebration party at one point) but I have so much packing, selling, etc. to do.

The closer the time gets, the more I want to get rid of. This is strange for me, because as a person who grew up poor, I hang on to things of value even if they don't "spark joy," because replacing them costs money. But they also cause me stress on the inside, because they are clutter. Like hundreds of TV channels when I only love the programming on a few. Not sure if anyone can relate to that.

Cynthia, the Chronicles of Narnia are my favorite books, and Lewis is my favorite author. And yes, I know what you are saying! Even with the vaccine, who knows. Hopefully things will get to the point that you will feel comfortable soon!

Lynn, glad you had a great time. How wonderful to get to see your mom, and what a relief that she is doing better.

Linda, you certainly have a great guy!

Diana, where are you swimming?
Old 06-17-21, 11:34 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, thank you for coming here to post when you're so busy. 2003 was the last time I moved, which I used to do every 2 to 5 years. It is easier to get rid/let go of things when you're moving than when you stay put! But I do my best not to be featured on the Hoarders show.

Today I did kettlebells day 4, abs day 18, and vocal exercise LOL. Looking forward to the pool tomorrow. Outside today it was 73* but inside, with the afternoon sun on my not-well-insulated house, it got to 80*.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 07:20 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Cheryl We have a county aquatics center that opened up right before covid hit.

My DH should be featured on the hoarders show. It causes me a lot of stress because I prefer not to have the all the clutter.

I'm cleaning house today. Tonight we are doing trivia at church so I probably won't be able to get a formal workout in. I will make sure I get my steps in.

Steps for yesterday: 16,161
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-18-21, 01:26 PM  
lynnf

Swing challenge day 2 (I am behind Cynthia) and barre 3 30 minutes. I am really sore from yesterday's Heather Robertson. I am usually not sore but her workouts always make me sore in unexpected places -- the back workout made my back a bit sore, but mostly my abs!

Linda, will keep you posted on the shoulder. Odd about the cortisone. And man, your guy is such a keeper!!!

Cheryl, I am starting to change my attitude toward accumulating items (hopefully) and trying to try to start downsizing more. Especially with clothes I realize how little one wears really dressy items these days. So good to hear from you even as you prepare to move. And thank you so much for telling me about Heather Robertson -- she is really a gem. And you get so much accomplished with minimal equipment.

Cynthia, LOL on the Hoarders. I try to think of my DS as I try to get rid of stuff. Of course my DH tends toward the hoarder end of things but he is improving a bit.

Diana, cleaning is exercise, I've found! Have fun at trivia night. Actually you are reminding me I need to get my cleaning act in gear too.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 01:34 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Pilates reformer on my own while honey worked his back. Then I spent 20 minutes using Cubii Jr an underdesk elliptical. I don't have a desk so I sit on the sofa or the rocker. When the weather isnt so hot I take it to the porch.

Cheryl, when Jerry was in the Navy and we moved every few years, if it wasn't nailed down and wasn't important I got rid of it. Now that I've been here 32 years I have more junk than a junkyard. Get rid of anything you don't need. I agree, my man is pretty special. His son is 33 today. I called him shortly after midnight so I could be first with birthday wishes. Then I let his dad talk to him second. Lol His son calls me mom.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 09:21 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

No formal workout, except for cleaning the house. I got my steps in. Got the house cleaned and trivia at church was fun.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-18-21, 09:34 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Today I swam for 45 min and did day 5 of kettlebells. I'm really enjoying the kettlebell program. Planning to write down the moves for future reference. Another VFer posted the moves of last year's program and I printed it out and have done it. I don't mind a paper workout that's very brief and is just swings.

On the FB group, Lauren Brooks posted that kettlelbell workouts are good for increasing bone mass.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote