Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-30-16, 10:55 AM  
MARIKA

I think going into something Called Edge Booty Extreme your sure to expect a "cheese factor" ITA the overuse of mama is a bit much
Old 09-30-16, 11:38 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
Yeah but you buy it for the Glute program. Warm up being not good and the 1 cardio workout not being great, not such a deal breaker. I still felt it was positive. But is it only one workout you like?
I haven't tried the lower body workout yet. I'm hoping to like that one, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I think going into something Called Edge Booty Extreme your sure to expect a "cheese factor" ITA the overuse of mama is a bit much
I did see that in the clips. But, I didn't realize it was non-stop yelling.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-16, 01:14 PM  
noodles

Oddly I never viewed Ingrid as yelling or maybe I'm working so hard that I don't notice lol! It's a kick butt program and one of the best purchases I've made if details like the outfits, mama references and fake boobage don't bother you!
As for the kneeling/ squat move, I manage to do it with 10lb weights and no knee issues at all.
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-16, 05:48 PM  
Loriann

I did that kneeling to low squat move and didn't think it was so bad until I realized my heels weren't actually on the floor. Keeping my heels down made it much more difficult and I quickly went to 5 pounds on this. It is my least favorite move and one I may skip in the future.

I had the set and traded it for a lot of the reasons already stated.....minimal form pointers, uneven counts, skimpy clothing, all the talk about looking hot and sexy, boring music, and I felt she moved too fast at times. BUT, it was very effective for my glutes and legs.

Before I traded it, I made a spreadsheet of the exercises with notes to my weights and now I do it to my own music and at my own pace when I want a kick butt workout.

Lori
Old 09-30-16, 09:46 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

The workout looks like a basic, traditional workout. The knee to squat move is for people with strong legs and core. It could strain knees if people are weak in the lower body and core. That move is a natural move, and if you watch a 2 year old squat to pick something up, that is how low they go. As we get older, we stop squatting low, so it appears and feels difficult.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-16, 06:48 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I had to return the DVDs, I just couldn't handle the "mamas". Shame, because I did like the workouts , she was just way too much for me.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-16, 10:13 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
The workout looks like a basic, traditional workout. The knee to squat move is for people with strong legs and core. It could strain knees if people are weak in the lower body and core. That move is a natural move, and if you watch a 2 year old squat to pick something up, that is how low they go. As we get older, we stop squatting low, so it appears and feels difficult.
I have a strong lower body and core.

But, I have a torn labrum in one hip and a torn meniscus in one knee. That move may be natural, and, I could do it, but I had better not do it!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-16, 10:52 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
(*snort*) I tried one of the shorter Edge Booty Extreme workouts and felt the same. Ingrid was too loud and talky, not enough form pointers, music irrelevant and verging on annoying, rep count uneven, Ingrid underdressed...but the workout itself was good.
Athompson I think we like a lot of the same workouts, so this makes me feel better. I haven't tried my set yet (too scared and been too busy to work out at all lately), but your post gives me hope.

Alta, your post was hilarious. "Mama!"
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-16, 10:58 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

It's a good functional move, but I think most 2 year olds would shout "NO!" at doing it 15 times fast while holding weights overhead. That's my problem with many videos - good exercises, too many and too fast. Maybe that's why I'm gravitating to paper workouts where I can go at my own old-lady speed.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-16, 07:22 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I have a strong lower body and core.

But, I have a torn labrum in one hip and a torn meniscus in one knee. That move may be natural, and, I could do it, but I had better not do it!
I forgot to add to my previous sentence: "The knee to squat move is for people with strong legs and core" and no knee or hip problems!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dangerous exercises, ebe2, edge booty extreme 2, ingrid romero, knees