Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-16, 12:41 PM  
Candiceena

I have been practicing, with body weight only, trying to squat all the way down while keeping my heels on the floor. I feel like it helps to open up my hips a lot. I consider myself a younger person w/ bad knees. I think i would probably do this move, though.
Old 09-25-16, 01:14 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
That looks like a modified version of knee jumps, where you jump from a kneeling position to a squatting position. Mike Donavanik has those in one of his DVDs, and Michael and Janet Jackson did them in their "Scream" video. Anyone who thinks Janet isn't fit, I say "can YOU do that?"

I've tried and failed to do knee jumps ever since seeing that video but I can do that EBE2 modified version. I don't see much use to it though, unless you're trying to work up to the knee jumps.
I don't have any trouble at all with the EBE2 move. I guess perspective helps because I always considered them to be the modification/tame "beginner" version for those knee jumps as well. Maybe I would have given pause if I hadn't done those pesky jumps in other programs (I think Rushfit? etc). Knee jumps take a lot more core strength!

In some ways, I actually think of the jump squats as kind of an intermediate progression because they can be done by some of us mere mortals. I love those moves in Buffy the Vampire Slayer where they spring from being knocked flat and come back on their feet (landing in a squat like stance). That (to me) is the pinnacle move in the progression.
Old 09-25-16, 04:20 PM  
MARIKA

I'm going to start this tomorrow Any advice or heads up I should be aware of?
Old 09-25-16, 08:55 PM  
alydinva

It's my favorite move in the entire series!
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-16, 10:17 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I was curious so I tried this (unweighted) and my 63 year old knees were fine. But yow, I could NOT tolerate that instructor for any length of time. Maybe it was the editing of the clip but I was ready for earplugs after 30 seconds.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-16, 10:46 PM  
Cafelattee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R View Post
I was curious so I tried this (unweighted) and my 63 year old knees were fine. But yow, I could NOT tolerate that instructor for any length of time. Maybe it was the editing of the clip but I was ready for earplugs after 30 seconds.

she is very bubbly and talkative a caricature of the bubble boob bleach blond air head. Just saying! But her husband designed a killer workout leg booty workout!

I recommend it if you want to shape up the lower body. I'm already bubble booty but was wanting to do something besides Cathe.

Well as my dh said my already big butt was sticking out even more (which he really like LOL)
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-16, 01:35 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafelattee View Post
she is very bubbly and talkative a caricature of the bubble boob bleach blond air head. Just saying! But her husband designed a killer workout leg booty workout!

I recommend it if you want to shape up the lower body. I'm already bubble booty but was wanting to do something besides Cathe.

Well as my dh said my already big butt was sticking out even more (which he really like LOL)
My butt is naturally bubbly, thank you. Its reputation goes back for a very long time here at VF.

I've managed to maintain my lower body nicely without the sort of BBBBAH instructor you referenced. As a matter of fact, I joke that my butt and legs haven't gone south as some other more northerly parts of me have!

Different strokes, that style of instructor makes me need an Epi-Pen!

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-16, 10:52 AM  
MARIKA

I did workout 1 today and really thought it was great. I did most of the step up moves on my step instead of my high step. I just seemed safer knowing myself and all!
Old 09-26-16, 01:19 PM  
severin817

I love this move

I'm 46 and this move has never bothered my knees. I've also taught it in my classes but I show modifications for people that don't feel comfortable going to the floor.
severin817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-16, 07:21 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I do that move just fine. There was a time when my knees were inflamed and I couldn't do any moves if it involved being on my knees on the floor. Once the inflammation died down and my knees were good I didn't have a problem with that move or any other move on the knees...provided there is lots of padding! I workout out on a thick puzzle mat (1 inch thick) that provides lots of cushion.

Now if I could just manage to do a ninja jump, that would be cool.

Tags
dangerous exercises, ebe2, edge booty extreme 2, ingrid romero, knees