Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-15, 10:38 AM  
laurajhawk

I put only the first volume ($57) in a cart at both sites and used the codes. I have $1 credit at Mary's from points, and I used 10off; the total was just over $50. At Ingrid's site, with the LABOR25 code and $5.95 shipping, it's $48.70. At Mary's site, I would get almost $2 worth of new points for a future order, so it's practically equal, and I would order from Mary to support her and get her amazing service + lightning-fast shipping.

That's what I would do if, you know, I needed more DVDs, which I totally don't.

The math would be a bit different if you're getting EBE2, of course. The LABOR25 code would be more significant on the larger order, vs the shipping which is only a little more.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 11:30 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Did anyone bite?
I am still debating as I have been asking myself what is wrong with a pancake butt?

Actually, although it's nice aesthetically to have a firm, round butt that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the importance of strong, developed glutes. Weak glutes are the culprit to many nagging pain and injuries that people deal with nowadays because of our chair sitting lifestyle. Here is a link talking about that: http://functionalresistancetraining....luteal-muscles

Quoting from the article:

Quote:
Weak or inhibited gluteal muscles contribute to injury
Weak or delayed activation of the gluteus maximus and gluteus medius is a root cause for many injuries and chronic pain.

1. Hamstring strains: Due to delayed gluteus maximus activity, the hamstring muscles become dominant during hip extension, which can cause hamstring strains [10]. A lot of athletes that pulled a hamstring keep suffering re-injuries despite their focus and efforts to strengthen the hamstrings. They are reinforcing a compensation pattern instead of reactivating their inhibited glutes. Shirley Sahrmann said, "Any time you see an injured muscle, look for a weak synergist.” A synergist is a muscle that performs the same joint motion.
2. Low back pain: Gluteus maximus activation plays an important role in stabilising the pelvis during the task of lifting [2, 3]. Delayed gluteus maximus activation also causes excessive compensation of the back extensors [30].
3. Anterior knee pain: The excessive internal rotation of the femur as a result of glute weakness increases the pressure on the patellar cartilage [11, 12, 13].
4. Anterior hip pain: Decreased force production from the gluteus maximus during hip extension is associated with increased anterior translation of the femur in the acetabulum. The increased femoral anterior glide could lead to increased force and wear and tear on the anterior hip joint structures [10, 14]
5. Lower-body malalignment: Weak glutes results in increased internal rotation of the femur, knee valgus and foot pronation [35].
6. Gluteal weakness also has been associated with anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) sprains [15, 16, 17], chronic ankle instability [18], and iliotibial friction syndrome [19
This ACE article discusses the link with lower back pain: https://www.acefitness.org/prosource...ain-free-lower and this link discusses it's importance in preventing knee pain: http://www.fix-knee-pain.com/train-y...our-knee-pain/

I had to go to physical therapy several years ago after developing chondromalacia patella (or patellofemoral syndrome). It turned out that the source of my knee problems stemmed from weak glutes. Here I THOUGHT I'd been targeting my glutes when I worked out but it turns out it's actually harder to get those suckers to fire then you would think. It's also the reason a lot of people feel "tight" in the hamstrings all the time. The hamstrings are overcompensating for weaker glutes.

As you can see, I've become pretty passionate about the importance of posterior chain strengthening after undergoing physical therapy.
Old 09-06-15, 01:26 PM  
RoccoLuv

Just what I needed to push me to finally buy! Thanks for posting! Extreme booty here I come!
Graduate of p90x (2x), Insanity (2x), P90X+, CLX, STS, Turbo Fire, Asylum 1 & 2, JNL Fusion, Body Beast, Xtrain, Fitness is Function Kbell, Cathe Ripped with Hiit. Currently doing Edge Booty Extreme 2.
RoccoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 05:43 PM  
Cafelattee

I purchased the Edge 2 from totalfitness on 8/13 and used the 10 off for a total of 80.10.

I just went to edge site and used the Labor code. The Booty edge 2 physical copy

-22.25 discount
7.95 shipping
Total 74.40

Just FYI. I was really going to feel bad if I could of saved a lot
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 09:35 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafelattee View Post
I purchased the Edge 2 from totalfitness on 8/13 and used the 10 off for a total of 80.10.

I just went to edge site and used the Labor code. The Booty edge 2 physical copy

-22.25 discount
7.95 shipping
Total 74.40

Just FYI. I was really going to feel bad if I could of saved a lot
I bought both Vols from Mary. Vol 2 last month and Vol. 1 this week. I'll get it Tuesday. I know I could have saved more if I had waited but I like supporting Mary's small business plus I earn rewards points And I get the product sooner.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 09:40 PM  
alydinva

Ugh. Now I want this (Vol. 2) and I hadn't even heard of it prior to this thread! Somehow I ignored that super-long thread from earlier this summer about the Vol. 2 release.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 10:31 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
Ugh. Now I want this (Vol. 2) and I hadn't even heard of it prior to this thread! Somehow I ignored that super-long thread from earlier this summer about the Vol. 2 release.
That thread pushed me over the edge.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 11:52 PM  
Cafelattee

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
I bought both Vols from Mary. Vol 2 last month and Vol. 1 this week. I'll get it Tuesday. I know I could have saved more if I had waited but I like supporting Mary's small business plus I earn rewards points And I get the product sooner.
She really has fast delivery and I love the option to return. I've only done it once but its till great knowing its an option.

The vol 2 is kicking my middle age booty I did the legs Thursday and its now Sunday night and still have a bit of glute doms. My sons and dh have been laughing how gently I've been getting up and down the past few weeks. LOL
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 12:07 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafelattee View Post
She really has fast delivery and I love the option to return. I've only done it once but its till great knowing its an option.

The vol 2 is kicking my middle age booty I did the legs Thursday and its now Sunday night and still have a bit of glute doms. My sons and dh have been laughing how gently I've been getting up and down the past few weeks. LOL
LOL

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 08:22 AM  
violingal3

Ugh - I have been following the EBE2 thread and I want this! Do I want Vol. 1, 2 or both?!?!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edge booty extreme, ingrid romero