Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-22, 11:03 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sandy - How as the Squat Marathon? I looked at that this AM and chickened out rationalizing that I needed to get cardio in (I do).
I LOVED it. I plan to revisit this to see if I can go heavier after Caroline's FUEL Series. I am looking forward to his Lunge Marathon next week. This week has been tough with the HIIT workouts, but I'm loving them. I needed some good sweaty heart pounding workouts.
Old 05-28-22, 06:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I went for a run. It was supposed to be for the Hot Chocolate virtual 5k I have to complete by the 1st but it didn't end up that way. For various reasons that include heat and sunshine I only managed to run 2.39 mi with my run intervals getting shorter and shorter! I finally gave up, completed the run workout and started a walk one and slowly walked the remaining .75 mi back home. I'm choosing to celebrate that I got out and did it and not beat myself up for not meeting my goal. I stretched about 10 min after I cooled off some and showered.

If I can't get a 5k in before the 1st I'll just have to use the slow time from the race I did with my friend.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 07:35 AM  
buffmama

Sandy you encouraged me to add some weight to my lifts - in 1 pound increments! So yes Vannie, every little counts in my book.
Old 05-29-22, 08:43 AM  
Vantreesta

I'm notorious for being hard on myself so I'm trying to be more forgiving of my unsuccesses!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 02:25 AM  
Helen

Sorry for being so MIA. Going to address some of the upthread posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Helen - Why did the teachers strike? What was the result of the strike?
A huge study was done, and showed that:
• our wages had not increased comparably to other professions requiring similar level qualifications
• we work, on average, 55 hrs/week (but only supposed to be paid for 35)
• administrative tasks have skyrocketed for accountability purposes in the past decade.
The study recommended:
• a 10-15% pay rise
• reduction of 2 hrs/week of face-to-face teaching, so we can get that extra admin done

State government offered 2% pay rise + 0.5% rise in superannuation - that doesn't even keep up with inflation!
They offered NO additional time off classes.

There are teacher shortages & especially maths-trained casuals are hard to come by, and many maths teachers have converted from another subject area - often PE, so they're not that good at maths (mostly).
Result? Nothing, so far.
It's only crops as we don't live there. DH hit 65 and realised it's only 5 years until he's 70, so he'd best get a move on making the house MUCH nicer. It wasn't nice at ALL when it first came to us (in DH's family for 100 yrs).
My fitness level wasn't up to it. Having a schedule of 'every 2nd day' meant bunching easier things (abs + stretch) in one day, or doing days in a row - that allowed me to be ABLE to procrastinate, and kid myself that I could still reach the goal (60th birthday).
So... I've restarted, and due to the tighter time-frame, technically, it's one every 1.435 days (yeah, I'm mathsy), but essentially every day, which gives room for LIFE (but NO room to stall due to dread).
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote