Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-18-22, 09:47 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy belated birthday, Helen! How great that one of your girls came home to surprise you!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 05:24 PM  
buffmama

Happy Birthday Helen! So glad your kiddos made it special.
Old 05-18-22, 06:34 PM  
SandyO

You're so young, Helen... I get to 60 in three months. Enjoy your Cathe workouts!
Old 05-19-22, 08:44 AM  
buffmama

Heard this AM that someone who was there for me when buff boy was young is in the hospital and non-verbal. Heartbreaking. She has 3 kids - 17, 15 and 13 - and is in her 40s. Very upsetting. We're going to feed the cats this weekend. No race Sunday.
Old 05-19-22, 08:53 AM  
Vantreesta

Buff, I'm so sorry about your friend. Is there a chance of recovery? Sending hugs and prayers.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-19-22, 06:53 PM  
SandyO

buff, that's scary. Did it come on suddenly?
Old 05-20-22, 07:13 AM  
buffmama

Looks like a full recovery is expected. She took Paxlovid and it interacted with other meds and affected her movement and speech. We hadn't been in contact for a while and the family reached out (apparently thinking I was someone else). It did not come on suddenly apparently. I spent the whole day trying to piece together the last 10 years (I said it had been awhile). So when things got sorted out, someone else is feeding there cats (we're an hour and a bridge away) and we'll race Sunday. Add in my bathroom leaking into my neighbors, the toilet at work backing up, and someone I dated but hadn't heard from in 5 months reaching out and it was a day literally like no other. So I checked - yup, mercury was in retrograde. I'm just happy the day is over. Now I have to figure out what to say to that guy...
Old 05-20-22, 10:54 AM  
Vantreesta

Buff, that's great that she's expected to recover. Still so scary, though. Meds can really cause problems if smthg isn't quite right. Many years ago my mom was overmedicated and it was pretty bad. Thankfully it got sorted out and fixed and she was back to her usual self but it's a tough road at the time. Glad you still get to do your race. I hope all the other stuff gets worked out soon too. You did have quite a day!

My race is tonight but since my friend has been crazy busy with work, kids, deadline for her next book and moving she hasn't been running at all so we will mostly be walking. I'm just so glad to finally have an organized running event again! I haven't had a race or a concert since 2019 and I miss both! After the race we'll pick up smthg for supper and eat with her kids before I come home.

Old 05-21-22, 07:36 AM  
SandyO

Woo Hoo. 6 week IRON Series is in the books. I LOVED it. I wish it was even longer, but I think I'll do Daniel classes (Mon-Tue, Thur-Fri), Caroline full body from IRON Series (Sat), and rest days the same (Wed&Sun).

My legs are so much more able to handle the workouts compared to when I did EPIC Heat. My wonky shoulder is my limiting factor for upper body, so I haven't seen the same level of improvements.
Old 05-21-22, 09:13 AM  
buffmama

Vannie - Hope you had fun at your race. We've been planning a few more.

Sandy - Great job on IRON. I'm going to continue with her FB workouts.

Helen - This is a great time to have a farm. I'm in awe of your Cathe rotation. I just want to keep it simple with Cee. Mentally easy. Which means I should probably up my weights.