Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-21, 06:58 PM  
anetta

Just remember you might be older, but you are better

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 02:33 AM  
Negin

Love this thread. This reminds me of the Lee Holden/Qi Gong poem from a while back.
Old 01-30-21, 08:21 AM  
muggle

I agree with all of you. One thing I’ve found (that I really love) is that we’ve all been here for a while. Our threads have gone from “Whats the hardest workout you recommend?” to “What’s the best stretch workout you recommend?”. We’re all aging together. That’s just awesome for me. Let’s me know I’m not alone. We all have similar mindsets and issues. To all of you I say simply....thanks, I’m glad you’re here!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 01:25 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Hilarious and I would add one more thing for me...

Persnickety

I try some workouts and my brain sends me an "Error 500" message. So then I do a Leslie Sansone instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I agree with all of you. One thing I’ve found (that I really love) is that we’ve all been here for a while. Our threads have gone from “Whats the hardest workout you recommend?” to “What’s the best stretch workout you recommend?”. We’re all aging together. That’s just awesome for me. Let’s me know I’m not alone. We all have similar mindsets and issues. To all of you I say simply....thanks, I’m glad you’re here!
Yes. A lot more rehab and injury recovery threads than back in the day.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 03:19 PM  
kat999

LOL I'm feelin' this thread today! Having just done perhaps the world's easiest Leslie Sansone and being pretty tired afterward, I'm recognizing that aging is real. Oof.

But also, that's okay! At least I kept moving, much like this little board still functions (mostly!)!
Old 01-30-21, 03:44 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I think about that a lot - the fact that we're all aging together. Many of us have been here for over 20 years and have seen each other through growing families and so many life changes. It's really amazing.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 03:50 PM  
gladgirl

Can relate indeed, except for the busy.
Am so grateful for this group!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 05:26 PM  
warriorprincess

Smile

Funny because it's true :-)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 07:01 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I try some workouts and my brain sends me an "Error 500" message. So then I do a Leslie Sansone instead.

Yes. A lot more rehab and injury recovery threads than back in the day.
I started a step workout this morning that I'm sure I've done before. I like step and I just wanted 30 minutes. It was a struggle to get 10 minutes in and I told myself, c'mon, just do 5 more minutes. I was not inspired at all. It wasn't difficult, just meh. I ejected it and grabbed a new-to-me Leslie workout and did one mile. It was fast paced, plus I used the step and light dumbbells, anyway, and felt much more accomplished.
Old 01-30-21, 08:02 PM  
fanofladyvols

I love this thread....

I feel like we're hanging out in a coffee shop.and commiserating

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, vf love, vintage vfers