Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-19, 04:14 PM  
sherry7899

2019 Holiday Gift Exchange Wish list thread

I figured I would get the thread started since the names are going out next Sunday, November 3rd. The deadline to sign up is Saturday, November 2nd.

I tagged the thread "2019 holiday gift"

If anyone wants to jump in early, please feel free. If you are going to come back and update your wishes, it would be helpful to indicate that in your post.

Other helpful ideas to make this easier on your Santa if you'd like:

-if you ask for socks, please include your shoe size

-if you ask for clothing, please indicate your size

-if you ask for food, please indicate if you have any allergies

-if you ask for anything fragrance related, please try to post specific scents that you like and also ones that you do not like

-This is just me, but if I ask for dvds, I try to list where they can be found if possible.

-I find it is helpful to list favorite colors

Quoting from Anne's thread:

Gifts must be mailed out (postmarked) by December 7th. Please make sure that you can postmark your gift by December 7th --- some people have had to wait until after Christmas for their gifts and that isn't fair to them. Obviously, things happen -- but, let's stick with the holiday spirit!

I hope everyone has fun, and thanks so much for participating!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-19, 04:22 PM  
sherry7899

This is my eleventh year participating.

Thank you so much for reading my wish list! I understand about being on a tight budget, and I will be very grateful for anything that is sent to me. My family does not really exchange gifts, so I absolutely love being part of the VF exchange and being surprised. It makes my holiday season! Thank you in advance for being my Santa.

Please do not be put off by the length of my list. I only included a lot to increase the element of surprise and give my Santa more to work with. Hopefully that will make things easy. I will be thrilled with anything I receive.
I have been married for twenty six years to a real sweetie, and we have a wonderful twenty year old son, and three black cats who we treat like additional children.

I have chronic pain issues, so I cannot do anything with high impact. My favorite workouts are, non-complicated dance, kickboxing, yoga (including kundalini, hatha, and yin and restorative, and anything to help with low back/neck and hip opening). I adore using Les Mills on Demand. I’m a music snob/geek, so I love workouts with great music. I do not do any Firm, pilates, step or complex cardio. I love anything “woo woo” and hippy dippy (have them all, but workouts like Misty Tripoli, Soul Sweat, Yoga Booty Ballet, NIA, Bellyfit, etc)

Please do check back. I may add more ideas after seeing other people's lists

DVD Wish List: ( I am fine with gently used dvds, especially Cathe since I know they can be pricey. If they are too expensive, I am happy with absolutely anything from the list below)

- Cathe Freidrich Rockout Knockout (Amazon, Collage, Total Fitness)

-Cathe Freidrich X Train Hard Strikes dvd (Amazon, Collage, Total Fitness)

-Cathe Freidrich Push Pull (Amazon, Collage, Total Fitness)

-Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge dvd (Amazon)

-Ravi Singh/Ana Brett Beautiful Breakthroughs (Amazon)

-Red Hot Dance Fitness Christine Gallagher (total fitness dvd/Collage)

-Altheatized Funky Dance Aerobics: Amazon

-Altheatized Smooth Grooves (Amazon)

-Brett Larkin Morning Yoga Ritual (Amazon)

- Shaun T CIZE Weight Loss workokuts ( I have the original set) if you happen to have found them cheap somewhere. Please do not buy these at full price! I was fortunate to find the original set for $3.00 new!

-shaun T Hip Hop Abs Ultimate Results (I have the original set) if you happen to have found them cheaply

-mimi kuo deemer Yoga and QiGong (single cheaper dvd, not the two dvd set, which I have already-Amazon)

-Strong by Zumba. (Amazon)

-Yoga Emergency 12 minute back workout-Collage

-The Method Dance to Fitness (Collage Video)

I would love to try any of these streaming sites. Please ask Anne for my e-mail address.

-one month for Yoga with Adriene streaming:
https://yogawithadriene.vhx.tv/help/...a-subscription

-booya fitness one month:

https://www.booyafitness.com/pricing

-one month yoga tx streaming: (very reasonable price)

https://yogavida.vhx.tv/help/subscri...a-subscription

Other things that may be helpful about me:

-I love psychological suspense, and British/Irish authors
-anything with Peanuts characters, especially Snoopy –I adore Snoopy! I saw that the USPS is selling Peanuts holiday
notepads
-my favorite colors are purple and pink (all shades), blue, turquoise, red and black. My least favorite colors are brown, orange, yellow and green.
-anything to do with Breaking Bad, (I have Bryan Cranston’s biography already!) Better Call Saul or Gilmore Girls, or British tv (surprise me! I love British comedies and psychological suspense)
- cds for relaxation and yoga nidra to help with insomnia
-anything yoga and meditation related-surprise me !
-anything with cats (especially black cats) fairies, or butterflies
-warm fuzzy socks in pink, purple, or blue or black (size 10 feet) My feet are always cold!
-bookmarks
-cute notepads or blank journals (any size!) with cats, fairies, Peanuts characters, hearts , butterflies
-colored pens, especially in colors like purple, blue or pink (all shades)
-I love to bake and cook, so if you want to share any favorite recipes (don’t really eat beef) especially for soup/stews/smoothies/healthy or unhealthy treats, I would appreciate it. I mean to share recipes, not to buy cookbooks. I am also obsessed with using my Instant Pot, so if you have found any great free recipes, please share! I also love kitchen gadgets , like cute cupcake liners, or silicone spatulas in bright colors with sayings about baking , or plain ones.

Beauty products:
-burt's bees "fig shade" lip shimmer or lip tints in deep pink/rose shades or red (any brand-nothing expensive)
-I have really gotten into buying different lip colors. I love colored lip gloss/lipsticks in shades from deep pink to rose, wine, burgundy, and red with cool undertones. I can also use clear lip gloss. Flavored lip gloss in vanilla/birthday cake similar to the discontinued ones by philosophy brand are also appreciated, or fruit flavors. Cheap brands are welcome! (NYX, LA Look, Wet n Wild, etc).
-I dislike fruit scents, except for coconut. No lavender scents, please (causes headaches)
-Shower gel or lotion in any scents listed below, or holiday scents :cinnamon/vanilla, warm vanilla sugar
-Body butter from Trader Joe’s in coconut, pumpkin or pomegranate, or body butter from anywhere!
-heavy duty hand cream-my hands get SO dry in the winter. I love "Working Hands" brand, but I will try any brand.
-I have long hair, and love unusual large barrettes (the size that can hold hair pulled back from both sides ) especially silver/ pewter ones shaped liked hearts, flowers, etc or coated hair rubber bands for ponytails for when I exercise, or soft cloth wideheadbands
-curly hair styling products or deep conditioner
-I wear fragrance oils as perfume, and love the scents of lilac, jasmine, gardenia,Ylang ylang, violet, pumpkin, coconut, vanilla, sweet pea,lily, honeysuckle (no lavender please-it gives me headaches)
(the brand P & J is great and is availble on Amazon and it is inexpensive)
- I love Burt's Bees facial wash for sensitive skin.

Holiday Treats: (no allergies)

I adore chocolate, (especially dark chocolate, chocolate with peanut butter, like Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups, or chocolate with peppermint or mint) and dark chocolate covered pretzels or peanuts. I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate. I LOVE peppermint bark. I also enjoy trail mix with nuts/dried fruit and bit of chocolate or mini peanut butter cups (like the "Adventure" trail mix at Aldi or anything from Trader Joe's or Target.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but please do not send any of the following. I would hate money wasted on things I cannot use or do not need. Thank you!

-candles (we have very curious cats )
-holiday decorations and ornaments –we are fully stocked!
-coffee/tea/hot chocolate-we have plenty
-lip balms (ones that are not tinted) I have plenty already
-cookbooks-too expensive, and I have a large collection
-mugs-we have no more space due to my huge collection of Snoopy mugs

Old 10-27-19, 06:55 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I am leaving for a 2 week vacation on Friday so I will try to post something before then. Saving my place here.

ETA: I am adding a few things now because I may forget to post during vacation and I don't want to hold my Santa up if they are in a hurry to start shopping. I will add to this later if I think of anything.

Please don't feel obligated to give a lot. IF I list a lot it is only for ideas. in fact I want less these days. I am perfectly fine with used DVDs.

About me: In terms of fitness. my current passions are strength training, walking/hiking and martial arts (Tai Chi mostly) Pilates is not a passion but it does wonders for my back. I travel quite a bit and try to be active while exploring the world so I appreciate workouts with bands, gliders and other fitness toys that are lightweight and compact. Even printouts of such workouts would be appreciated. I am starting to branch out into downloads and streaming.
Non fitness interests: reading, travel,

DVDs/streaming:
Mark Lauren: Focus 15
Mark Lauren: You are Your Own Gym set
Note: I already have Mark Lauren’s book and EFX DVD and Mobility RD DVD.
Mark Lauren: 1 mo. of his streaming service.
Linda Woolridge Resistance Band Solution Total Body if you can find it. I think it may be OOP. I already have the lower body one in this series. A download of this one would be good also as I can use it for travel.

Other fitness stuff:
A clip on light for walking my dog at night.

Other:
-Slipper socks: I have a cute pair of sheep slipper socks that make me smile but have seen better days so I could use another pair ( don’t have to be sheep or anything other than plain old slipper socks) preferably ankle ones Size 7.5-8 shoes.
-lip balm with sunscreen
-Ideas or product alternatives for single use plastics(such as produce bags, plastic wrap etc, I already have plenty of shopping bags) Even if you just have an article with ideas or a catalog or website, I would appreciate it.
-Yin/Yang symbol items: mug, jewelry, stickers, notepads, etc.
- ginger tea bags. Plain Ginger only, not mixed with anything else including black tea, licorice root or sweeteners because I have weird digestive issues. I used to buy GoldKili brand at the Asian food mart but I cannot find it anymore including online.
-Hi-Chew sour CITRUS chewy candy.
-candles/tea lights or Bath and Body Works wallflowers. I like evergreen scents like Yankee candle Balsam and Cedar or BBW Balsam. I also like citrus scents especially lemon. I dislike fruity, spice, vanilla and food scents.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 06:14 AM  
Rhonda

Thanks Sherry for starting.

Here is a start, I will come back:

Jigsaw puzzles (wolves, cats, tigers, landscape of where you live, etc)
2020 wall calendar

Naked Bee Orange Blossom Honey lotion
Burts Bee lip balm (regular)

Take 5 mindfulness meditation series CD (amazon)
Rest and Restore: Guided meditation and Exercises for Stress Relief, Mindfulness & Peaceful Sleep CD (amazon)
Stretch & Joint Mobility - Annette Fletcher (amazon)
KCM Cardio Overload
KCM Strong & Lean
Mark Lauren Bodyweight 2 DVDs (Amazon)
Aeropilates by Stamina Stretching Workout (Amazon)
Aeropilates by Stamina Strength & Stamina workout (Amazon)
Aeropilates by Stamina Total Body Tone & Lengthen Workout (Amazon)

I have no allergies
Cashews, peanuts.
Trying to stay away from sweets.

I am particular when it comes to tea. A couple that I like are:
Harney and Sons Mint Verbena
Steep by Bigelow Green Tea w/Pomegranate

Interested in starting Danielle Girard Book Series The Rookie Club.
- Dead Center
- One Clean Shot
- Dark Passage
- Grave Danger
- Everything to Lose
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 01:58 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks for posting Leslie and Rhonda.

Old 10-28-19, 03:37 PM  
JENILU

Sherry, I could just copy your list!! You sound so much like me these days!!!
I will save a place here. When I have participated, mine has been long as well, but mainlybecause I don't post much and give a lot of info here and a lot of choices when possible.

To my sweet Santa, I will do my best to start getting to work on a list tomorrow (failed. I have a lot going on and I am so sorry). I have an Amazon list, but I want to clean it up a tiny bit, lol, before putting it out there. (Didn't get a chance to do a lot of cleaning, but slowly adding to it, and took a few things off. Any DVD i leave on there is probably still valid. I'll give Sherry the link.) I know I have a cracked 2nd and 3rd trimester Ballet Baby DVD that I love (the more gentle series one) and if anyone has one used I'd love a replacement) and Jessica Smith's Abs Walk from a year or 2 ago? Mine was damaged and I love the short workout on there. Otherwise, I would love the stretchy ones Jessica put out last year- they are on that list.
Would LOVE to re-aquire any DDP yoga

I'll put more later, but just an info quicky, and I'll work on my true letter to Santa later
- Fave colors: turquoise and purple (any variation of either one) ( I love most colors tho. Silver, blue, green, weird thing with mustard colors right now, lol; coral
- still do a lot of Jessica Smith and Ellen Barrett , love weights and kettlebells and band work, love yoga when my wonky ankle lets me do it (I'll try to be more specific about DVDs on my letter), don't mind old or used at all as long as it plays, lol.
- for the first time in probably 20 years or more, I really enjoy playing with eyeshadow and lip products (non toxic). I love watching the youtube videos, and it gives me a fun hobby that, for once, doesn't get me injured, lol- also loving natural skincare and even love making my own natural skin care with essential oils. As far as makeup you can get at Walmart, I have been enjoying profusion and Maybelline and Elf. (also love Wet N Wild but have a boat load of their stuff, lol, and probably others). I would love to try a Maybelline Citi Mini Palette or one of their Nude ones since I don't have much nude.I like their creamy matte lip type colors.(also love colourpop and nyx for lips and have wanted to try some matte crayons or blotted lips or even glosses). LOVE Profusion eyeshadows, but the only ones I can think of right now are the huge ones which I probably don't have room forand there is a little pinkish eyeshadow and blush combo they have. Have also wantd to try Elf's Rose Gold palette, but its a lot cheaper at Walmart online than it is in store.
- cozy and coffee are my 2 middle names (Do need another travel cup, but I haven't priced and may not be cheap)
- love crafty or unique jewelry , have thought about a knitted tobogen(cannot spell, lol) or fingerless gloves
- hair masks and cream face masks that can be pealed off??, love lip masks and REALLY good tinted balms too Elf and Wet N Wild also do some good lip scrubs that don't tasted obnoxiously sweet!! ooh, also love hydrating mists like Mario Bodesku (but I'm sure there are cheaper ones, his just always show up on my feed, lol)
- oils and fragrances: jasmine, honey, coconut, roman chamomile, hibiscus, pistachio a bunch I will have to think of when the real thing goes up (LOVE Bliss by Woolzies. I got it in a 3 pack at Marshall's but having a hard time finding it anymore) (ok, a lot of these were scents and not oils, lol.
- love anything with turtles, the cheshire cat, scriptures or positive sayings, collect shot glasses, coffee cups, anything with turtles or sea theme, funko pop dolls, sucker for anything to do with organization
- paleo or keto recipes, in any form (hand written, printed off, whatever. I need easy, but we do have a good chopper and spiralizer)
- sucker for anything to do with "organization helpers"
- books: inspirational , horror, and gothic romance - I haven't found many, but also books similar to the shows I like that get into your head like: Criminal Minds, Prodigal Son, Hannibal, - also love The Good Doctor and New Amsterdam and my comic book shows, but am a sucker for mentally scary thriller type shows, and books if i could find them. Oddly, scary is calming to me because either its not real, so my past doesn't haunt me, or it gets me into how the brain works, which I love.
------------
ADDING (haven't had time to fix anything. I am so sorry)
- Do green bands all run the same resistance? I got mine years ago, and it was a Cory Everson one from Walmart, lol. It has lasted me forever and is my favorite goldilocks resistance, but I don't know if all green bands are the same. No other color bands I have are near it. too difficult or too easy, and it finally gave up the ghost. Was very long lasting. I only really know it is thicker than the pilates style ones
- I do drink hot tea at night. Mostly Dragon Chai, Spicy teas (tea bag kind) with no black pepper (I am allergic)- also allergic to pineapple if that matters.
- Some sell coffee in flavors now. I know walmart's store brand does. I love Hazelnut and wouldn't mind trying other flavors (as long as no added sugar, and usually there isn't)
- always need new workout clothes, usually 2x in tops and 1x in bottoms, oddly (even tho I'm bottom heavy???) , size 8 most of the time in shoes/socks/booties
- (90% of what I like can be found at Marshall's or TJ Maxx cheaply, but thats not easy for everyone to get to- including me sometimes, lol.
(I promise to try and clean all this up. Its a train wreck like me right now. I like it to look nice and I thankyou for looking.
*I have a wonderful hubby and 2 sons- one of which still lives with us. i have a parrot, George, and sweet little Lucy dog (my baby), and my cat Scotti. My son also has a dog and cat which are basically partly mine, lol. All cozy in our little home, lol

ETA: I love all things duochrome/multichrome, etc.. duochrome eyeshadows, colorshifting hair, duochrome jewelry, glass ware, eye brushes, anything- if it colorshifts, I probably love it!!

As for online, maybe one month all access to Leslie Sansone or Essentrics TV? i'm not sure if that can be done as a 1 month gift or not or how affordable)

Ok, This is a ramble, I will go and try to get more organized tomorrow!! (It will be long, but thats just so you'll know me more than you'll ever need to, which gives you choices and element of surprise. I don't need a lot and I don't need expensive, I just want everyone to have fun. No stress!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-19, 09:39 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Sherry, I could just copy your list!! You sound so much like me these days!!!

I will save a place here. When I have participated, mine has been long as well, but mainly because I don't post much and give a lot of info here and a lot of choices when possible.
Jen, I think I've said about the same thing since I started participating

Hopefully more people will start posting. I like to get a head start since I'll be doing elf duties.

Sherry

Old 10-30-19, 11:24 AM  
Demeris

This is the first year I was able to get myself together enough to participate in the Gift Exchange.

A little about myself: I'm retired and have been downsizing and minimalizing (is that a word?) for the past 6 years. I'm a crafter--knit, embroider, and crochet. I love handmade things, and I give handmade, but useful, gifts to others. I'm not much of a fragrance person, with the exception of lavender. I love lavender.

I put together a list of things that might give an indication of my tastes/needs on Amazon, but please don't feel as though you have to get something from the list. It's just some insight into how I spend my days.

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/l...?ref_=wl_share

As far as workouts go, I do mostly T-Tapp, Classical Stretch, and some pilates. I do like gentle yoga, ala Jane Adams (I have all of her dvds) and Jessica Smith (and I have all of her yoga/stretch dvds, too). At my age, I prefer gentle more than high intensity. And I prefer workouts that stretch and strengthen. I walk for cardio.

I have no allergies that I know of.

And now I feel as if I've had more than my fair share of narcissism.

I'm editing to add that I'll be happy with anything, even if you decide just to send me a lump of coal. Participating is all the fun for me.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-19, 11:53 AM  
sherry7899

Demeris, welcome! I am so glad to have new people joining. Please pm me if you have any questions or need any help.

Old 10-30-19, 11:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Can't wait

This is so much fun! I love purchasing stuff for my VF Secret Santa. I can't wait to read the wish list for mine and start working on it!

My favorite socks are still the ones my Secret Santa Cheri gave me last year

I will come back and add a list here soon.
Linda

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 holiday gift, 2019 holiday wish, gift exchange, holiday gift exchange