Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-16, 10:59 AM  
sherry7899

2016 VF Holiday Gift Exchange Wishlist Thread

I will post a list later today or early tomorrow. I just thought I'd get the thread started

If anyone needs elf help once the wish lists go up, I am available. Fit Gal and yogapam offered to help also-thank you!!!

Sherry

ETA: Please see my list below-thank you!

Thank you so much for reading my wish list! I understand about being on a tight budget, and I will be very grateful for anything that is sent to me. My family does not really exchange gifts, so I absolutely love being part of the VF exchange and being surprised. It makes my holiday season! Thank you in advance for being my Santa

Please do not be put off by the length of my list. I only included a lot to increase the element of surprise and give my Santa more to work with. Hopefully that will make things easy. I will be thrilled with anything I receive.

I have been married for twenty three years to a real sweetie, and we have a wonderful seventeen year old son, and three black cats who we treat like additional children

I have chronic pain issues, so I cannot do anything with high impact. My favorite workouts are, non-complicated dance, kickboxing, yoga (including kundalini, hatha, and yin and restorative, and anything to help with low back/neck and hip opening), cycling/treadmill workouts and barefoot workouts. I’m a music snob/geek, so I love workouts with great music. I do not do any Firm, pilates, step or complex cardio. I love anything “woo woo” and hippy dippy (have them all, but workouts like Misty Tripoli, Soul Sweat, Yoga Booty Ballet, NIA, Bellyfit, etc)

DVD Wish List:

-my top wish would be a gift card for the fitness site www.powhow.com. I am really loving the Soul Sweat classes from Alchemy of Movement. I use their classes three-four times a week at least. You would need to get my email address from Anne (sorry for the trouble!)

Please check back later. I may add more dvds.

Wishes are in no particular order.

-Rodney Yee’s “Best of Yoga” 2016 release (Amazon)

https://www.amazon.com/Rodney-Yees-B...ey+yee+best+of

-Jane Adams “Balance and Strength” 2016 release (Amazon)

https://www.amazon.com/Balance-Stren...jane+adams+dvd

-Faye Rose “Art and Soul Yoga: Escape to Bliss” (on Amazon)
https://www.amazon.com/Art-Soul-Yoga...=faye+rose+dvd

-Marcia Berlin “Fete Fix-A Caribbean Dance Workout” (on Amazon/Collage)

https://www.amazon.com/Fete-Fix-Cari...rds=fete+dance

I am a total bookworm and music geek-my Amazon wish list is here-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...wl_rlist_go_v?

-I love psychological suspense, and British/Irish authors
-anything with Peanuts characters, especially Snoopy –I adore Snoopy!
-my favorite colors are purple and pink (all shades), blue, turquoise, red and black. My least favorite colors are brown, orange, yellow and green.
-anything to do with Breaking Bad, (I have Bryan Cranston’s biography already!) Better Call Saul or Gilmore Girls, or British tv (surprise me! I.love British comedies and psychological suspense)
- cds for relaxation and yoga nidra to help with insomnia
-anything yoga related-surprise me !
-anything with cats (especially black cats) fairies, or butterflies
-warm fuzzy socks in pink, purple, or blue or black (size 10 feet)
-bookmarks
-anything dark chocolate or dark chocolate with peanut butter (like Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups) or dark chocolate with peppermint, peppermint bark, bought or homemade
-I prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate
-anything pumpkin, including recipes
-hot chocolate-especially dark hot chocolate or hot chocolate with peppermint
-I am a Trader Joe’s junkie-I love their holiday treats!
-cute notepads or blank journals (any size!) with cats, fairies, Peanuts characters, hearts , butterflies
-colored pens, especially in colors like purple, blue or pink (all shades)
-I love to bake and cook, so if you want to share any favorite recipes (don’t really eat beef) especially for soup/stews/smoothies/healthy or unhealthy treats, I would appreciate it. I mean to share recipes, not to buy cookbooks.

Beauty products:

-burt's bees "fig shade" lip shimmer or lip tints in deep pink/rose shades or red (any brand-nothing expensive)
-I dislike fruit scents, except for coconut. No lavender scents, please (causes headaches)
-Shower gel or lotion in any scents listed below, or holiday scents :cinnamon/vanilla, warm vanilla sugar (bath and body works ), sweet cinnamon pumpkin( bath and body works ) or any brand-I am not picky.
-heavy duty hand cream-my hands get SO dry in the winter
-I have long hair, and love unusual large barrettes (the size that can hold hair pulled back from both sides ) especially silver/ pewter ones shaped liked hearts, flowers, etc or coated hair rubber bands for ponytails for when I exercise, or soft headbands
-I wear fragrance oils as perfume, and love the scents of lilac, jasmine, gardenia,Ylang ylang, violet, pumpkin, coconut, vanilla, sweet pea,lily, honeysuckle (no lavender please-it gives me headaches)

This is one of my favorite product lines of fragrance oils, but I would be grateful
for any brand.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...fragrance+oils

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but please do not send any of the following:

-candles (we have very curious cats )
-holiday decorations –we are fully stocked!
-coffee/tea-we have plenty
-lip balms (ones that are not tinted) I have plenty already

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-16, 11:28 AM  
Fit Gal

I"m super happy to help with elf duties! A way to get back in touch and maybe also meet new people here! So feel free to pm me!

I'm also super excited to participate in the exchange, I didn't last year. Sorry, I haven't posted for a long time. Sherry knows me well and is my official elf if needed!

I will love and appreciate anything so please don't stress just have fun.
December is my birthday month and I celebrate Hannukah. In my family, only the kids get presents so it's exciting to get something from you and I will be very grateful for whatever I get!

Please check back in case I add more stuff.
Here goes:

DVDS: ETA: Used are fine

The Fete Fix: A Caribbean Dance Workout http://www.collagevideo.com/products...-dance-workout

Gina Buber
Dance that Walk-Cardio Party

https://www.amazon.com/DANCE-That-WA...ance+that+walk
Dance that Walk
https://www.amazon.com/DANCE-That-WA...ance+that+walk

Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga for Balance, Flexibility, & Mobility
https://www.amazon.com/Jessica-Smith...for+All+Levels

Other fun stuff:
Lip Balms... I love lip balms the funner the flavor the better: sweet, dessert type flavors

Lotions, soaps, home fragrance etc: I like sweet or fruity and also any seasonal scents (fall or winter seasonal scents- except don't like pine)

Fun Pens/Colors

Fuzzy Socks

Something from your city/area

Thanks!
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-16, 11:33 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I am also happy to help out with elf duties!

I guess I am second with my list....

I love Pilates, yoga, Essentrics, & low impact cardio. I recently acquired a used Malibu Pilates chair and am enjoying experimenting with it. I am a big recycler so used DVDs are great! My wish list is long only to offer a variety to chose from. As we discussed in the sign up thread, please don't ever feel pressured to go outside your budget. I am always happy with what ever I receive!

[ETA] - I didn't tell you anything about myself as I see others have done, so here my backstory. I am 59, married for 38 years to my high school sweetheart. I have two adult sons, a beautiful DIL, and two precious granddaughters. I have given up high impact workouts due to some chronic knee and foot issues. I love stretchy yoga, Pilates, barre, low impact cardio, & step that's not too complex.

So here it is!

Malibu Pilates, I saw lots of used ones on amazon.com & ebay:

Total Body Make Over Target Specific Training 2-Disc Set
Cardio Sequencing Fat Burning Circuit-Style Pilates
High Intensity Series - Cardio Fat Blaster
High Intensity Series - Perfect 10's - Abs, Buuns, Thighs

Jessica Smith, DVDs or downloads:

Walk Strong - Build Balance & Inner Strength
Burn Fat & Have Fun
Yoga Stretch for Beginners & Beyond
10 Minute Quick Walk Mix

Winsor Pilates:

Dynamic Sculpting ball
Buns & Thighs
Lower Body Pilates

Ellen Barrett:

Stretch Sculpt

Misc:

Jules Benson Total core Pilates
Caroline sandry 30 days to flat abs
Bernadette Giorgi Just B Live Foam Roller Workout
Jane Adams gentle yoga
Lee Holden's 7 minutes of Magic
Classical Stretch Core Workout

Other things I like:

Funky workout socks, actually funky socks of any kind
Non slip socks for barefoot workouts in colder weather
Crocheted slippers & hats
Christmasy earrings for pierced ears
Unique Christmas tree ornaments
Artsy cards that are blank inside for birthdays, etc

Thank you Secret Santa!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-16, 11:37 AM  
sherry7899

I love it when the wishlists start appearing.

Sherry

Old 10-26-16, 11:39 AM  
JENILU

Lets have some fun!!!!!
Edit:
Dear Santa,
EDIT: PLEASE forgive how long this is. I am the queen of TMI, & keep trying to edit, but feel like if I edit much, I will leave out something you need to know.
Thankyou so much, first of all, for playing! I love doing this, and please know, I only make long lists in hopes of making things easy & fun for you. If that intimidates you in any way, please tell an elf & I can cut it down to tiny, bare minimum. I don't mind.
- I am 41 (will be 42 on Dec 28) & a newlywed as of April this year to the most wonderful man!! Between us, we have 2 grown boys living at home. Plus 5 dogs (4 are indoors), 1 cat, Scotty; and 1 parrot, George (because i love him, and pet him and squeeze him and call him George). I love my babies!!

DVDs I'd love (used is totally fine, and please don't feel compelled to stick to it. our elf knows me very well, so she can probably help if none of this works)
Jessica Smith is about the best example of my speed, but I have nearly everything she's done, except for the new stuff coming out. I love fusiony stuff especially if its light cardio/yoga/pilates. I am cleared to lift weights, but have to keep them fairly light and its mostly best if I do cardio at the sametime because that reduces my inflammation and helps circulation. I love and do yoga daily, but have started taking breaks to do pilates, Classical Stretch, or qigong as my body needs.I have to focus on all the good stuff for my body now more than I do specific fitness plans or body shape, etc..
- Jessica Smith new 10 minute WO
- Linda Wooldridge - Clever Yoga Fusion
- would love to reaquire some Margaret Richard. I still have a few, but not many. Possibly Home Improvement, High Voltage, Perfect 10, etc.. but only if they can be found cheap (actually any, other than the Spark, Fight Age with Strength, and Good N' Strong, which I have)
- BarreAmped strengthen and Stretch ; BarreAmped Cardio Fat Burn
- Shellie Blanks - TaeBo Postnatal Power https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000RXZI...I2797HLILHXUNY
- Nadia Narain - Everyday Yoga for Stress Release
- GAIAM complete pilates https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00AOS8V...I1ZIX0NA8MFEGH
- Cardio Balance Ball WO - Tanja Djelevic (actually there are several under different names by her, and I don't know which is which, but I thnk I am interested in any of them)
- Zumba Country
- inspirational WO's such as Theresa Rowe's Shaped by Faith WO's or Faithful Workouts, or spiritual yoga type DVDs, etc.
- Would love some foam roller DVDs - compilations of longer youtube ones would be very nice!!(looking for stretch focus and workout focus)- my foam toller is one of the shorter ones if that matters (18" I think)
- Stott Zenga Flow
- Jennifer Kries - Perfect Mix ; Precision Pilates ; Target Specifics (there is a cheap set called complete Pilates - not the GAIAM one, that may include these, but not sure, but it looks good- and cheap, too)
- Well Worked out with Tannis
- Total Core Pilates w/ Jules Bensen
- Ballet Fitness by Jennee
- vcore
- Giullermo Gomez - Kickboxing Cardio Dance (kind of hard to find without the set anymore I think)
- a Susan chung DVD if there is a good modifier
- Yogafit for Warriors or IRest or Yoga Nidra (or anything that is healing for PTSD.anxiety/depression)
- virtual walks possibly? Ireland, Scotland, European villages, or ocean/coastal maybe..it would just have to be slow enough to walk and not run, lol
- PT says i need trigger point style massage therapy. Anything that might help with this would be great. I don't know if it can be self done safely or not. Massage oil that has healing benefits?

Books:
I love romantic suspense; Gothic horror/romance- haunted house type stuff; spiritual and devotional books, conspiracy theory novels; organizers; journals; Keto and paleo cookbooks or just books on the subject (paleo or keto recipes printed or from you, would be wonderful as well!!)
I am also specifically looking for Miracle Morning if a used, cheap copy can be found. The Purpose Driven Life; Forever Painless *

My messy, everything I need or love list:
colors: Turquoise, blue, green, grey/silver (and every level of these colors)
I love most essential oils, especially healing for bath such as rosemary, lavender, etc.. any safe bath products & thick safe lotions. One year a Santa sent me Shea Moisture & I fell in love with the coconut / hibiscus hand & body scrub, but I think its rather expensive. while looking, I found a Fred's Brand that is a Coconut / jojoba body wash/scrub in a bottle that smells heavenly & I would love some more (eta: brand name is Softsoap, but name isn't important). I love skin care & wash items that smell like coconut, honey, apple, cocoa, & similar scents. I don't wear much makeup except for twisty eyeliners in charcoal, grey, or black. Always need new emery boards. travel lotions, healing foot creams for circulation; Burts Bees (or other natural products, So many at Etsy!) Love peal off face masks, even single use ones; clove chapsticks
- I love so many kinds of music, I can't really name. I love native american drum / flute music; Lindsey Sterling, Pentatonix, alternative metal, old country music like Don Williams, southern rock/blues like Shamans Harvest; classical; meditative new age or guitar;Trying not to name a bunch of specific groups unless they are their own kind of thing, lol.
- My PT wants me to try trigger point therapy if there is anything affordable that helps with that

I adore anything steampunk; turtles; the ocean & anything to do with it; butterflies & dragonflies; Coffee/coffee sayings; teapots; Phantom of the Opera; tattoos/tattoo art; shot glasses; old series like Night Gallery(cheaper at walmart than Amazon) and Grizzly Adams; lighthouses; Hymalayan salt lamps?; big coffee cups; tanks or tshirts (long or shortsleeved, 1x) with funny sayings. I own one that says Jesus, coffee, yoga, nap..and that pretty much sums me up, lol. used yoga pants or yoga capris, Large, I think. I lOVE etsy & would love a GC there. I especially love this store. She does special orders & made all my wedding jewelry/ hair pieces, plus she is big at donating to charities: https://www.etsy.com/shop/piecesofaprilmel; ; journals- even list ones; the idea of having a tiny house & traveling!; Anne of Green Gables; would love to get into a creative hobby again, possibly learning again how to sketch or knit or crochet or something. Anything Thomas Kinkade; Blank Notecards or inspirational with any of my loved themes. Anything that will help me think of or focus on God. toe socks or grippy socks are always welcome!

Other/ideas or needs etc..

-** something safe to make the house smell nice with lots of animals (bird is especially sensitive to chemicals & candles with chemicals)- recipes for this would be nice too!
- anything homemade, but since I am getting more into restorative/Yin and Nidra styles, I'd love homemade yoga props if they are not too difficult to make or ship. (I wonder how difficult it would be to make a balance pad like the one in Linda Wooldridge's new DVD?)
- Fleece ponytail/headband/ear warmer- here's an example: (there's probably cheaper ones!!)
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B012WPJN...01VQDFUR&psc=1
- Toe stretchers - here is an example, but whatever you can find is fine:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00W2ZUD...I1E2GNAWTWGR43
-* It sounds silly, but I don't go to church at present and listen to sermons online. I would love some inspirational coloring books to help me be still and listen.
- I LOVE coffee, basically plain dark w/ stevia. I love items with coffee sayings as well! I have grown to love hot tea- not loose. I love healing teas: Yogi Tea and Traditional Medicinals, but use a lot of the brands you can get at any store. There was a dragon Chai I got the other day at walmart that I love. It has cinn, clove, ginger and rooibos in it. So anyway, those type flavors, mint, lemon, cinnamon, bedtime ones or energizing ones, I just don't like sweet flavors like caramel and vanilla for my tea. One of the store brands sells a gingerbread flavor around the holidays that I liked in the past, but not sure about sugar in it.
- I love dark chocolate, but have yet to find any thats as low sugar as I need. I basically eat meat, veggies and fats, and have a few low sugar treats here and there. My blood sugar, is sadly, extremelly brittle so have to be careful. I try to stay away from artificial sweetners other than stevia. I love mixed nuts without peanuts or cashews (hard to find, lol, I usually just end up mixing my own). I love good almond butter. (really love any kind of chocolate with or without almond butter or blueberries or something, just has to be extremely low sugar.
- love jewelry, esp. in my favorite colors. kind of needing bigger earrings now that my hair is much shorter, lol ( smaller ones for the 2nd holes)
- GC's would be great pretty much anywhere: totalfitness, Amazon, Etsy, a streaming month somewhere, possibly Yoga with Adriene, FitnessGlo, Grokker, Les Mills etc... just something to try.

Do not like/click with: Band workouts, Kristin McGee, high intensity, advanced, complex choreography, barre- unless its large range of motion; jazz, chemicals, Kundalini (the chanting part anyway), the color red or pink; love scented candles but they don’t love me or my pets, sugar or grains; overly sweet smells; vitamin c/citrus skincare- gives me a rash

I hope I haven't overwhelmed you. i'm gonna do my best at editing, but not good at it. Whatever you do is fine. Please just have fun. Thats what this is about.
Oh, I do have an Amazon public wishlist under my old name that I'll give to Sherry, that might give other ideas or brands, but its an all around WL.
Thankyou so much for reading thru all this!!
Hugs and blessings

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown

Last edited by JENILU; 10-27-16 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Terrible with this!!!
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-16, 11:40 AM  
Garrie A.

I accidentally posted my wish list in a separate post!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-16, 12:10 PM  
cherimac

I may be the first with a list!

Hi Santa! Here are a few things I am interested in. I do a lot of pilates, barre, and yoga, along with some interval training cardio. I am pretty solidly intermediate level.

DVD Ideas(no order, as they popped in my head) Used are great!

Pure Callanetics
Gina Buber Dance That Walk DVD-any of them.
Caroline Sandry 30 Days to Flat Abs
Cassey Ho Pop Pilates
Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga
Intermediate Cardio Intervals? No ideas but would love something new along this line!

Streaming to Callanetics or Essentrics to try out as gift card -probably pricey so don't sweat this. Just ideas of my tastes in workouts.

Extra Info/Things I enjoy I'm adding a lot just to give you an idea of what I am and and like!

Journals/colored pens
Ponytail holders/hair bands.
Lotions, shower gels, are great.
I love dark chocolate and peanut butter (allergic to corn, wheat, almonds)
Light Cozy Mysteries(Agatha Christie and Dorothy Gilman Mrs Pollifax are favorites of mine)
I also like YA books like The Hunger Games, Iron Fey, Harry Potter, etc.
Christian Devotional books
Favorite Colors: Hot pink, Royal Blue, Red
Scented votive Candles or melting wax, esp. Pine scented are my favorite
I love cats and dogs
Love snowmen, Santa Claus
Love coffee and use my Keurig daily!
Love to do crossword puzzles
Fun nail polishes, lip balms, etc.
I am a Christian and celebrate as a Christian and Secular holiday

Please, please do not feel obligated to get a lot for me. I just enjoy participating and getting to play Santa for other VFers. Thank you so much!!
Old 10-26-16, 12:26 PM  
sherry7899

Yay, Cheri! Thanks for starting us off

Sherry

Old 10-26-16, 02:05 PM  
Rhonda

Here is my list: Please check back as I may add more just for ideas.

Used DVDs are fine:

Flow Yoga Energize & Renew - Amy Schneider
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Flo...ider-p/177.htm

Detox yoga - Amy Schneider
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Det...ider-p/217.htm

Element Cardio & Conditioning Yoga
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Ele...Yoga-p/265.htm

Gina Buber Dance that Walk Cardio Party
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=APXIAZTAYZZ70

Candles (vanilla and/or cinnamon scent)
Wall Calendar (wolves, kitties)
Ankle Socks
Celestial Seasonings Green Tea w/White Tea Antioxidant

Chocolate
Swedish Fish/licorice
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-16, 02:28 PM  
Garrie A.

Thanks Pam and Cheri for starting us off!

A little about me: I am a 20 year old male who loves The Firm (especially the Anna Benson-era ones), Tracie Long, barre, Pilates, fun dance workouts, and yoga. This year I graduated college with a degree in Information Systems Technology. Currently I am looking for a job.

I consider myself in the range of low to high intermediate (depending on the workout). I am interested in trying Cathe and Margaret Richard. My wish list is fairly long, but that's only to give you a range of options to choose from! Used DVDs are perfectly fine with me. I will be happy with whatever I receive!

The wish list is in no particular order! So, without further adieu...

P.S: I sincerely apologize if my wish list keeps changing.

Firm:
Ballroom Aerobics

(I'm interested in these DVDs to replace my VHS copies):
Firm Strength and Cardio Crosstrainers
Firm Tortoise and Hare Crosstrainers
Any of the Firm Classics Volumes 1-6

Barre:
Booty Barre
Booty Barre plus Abs and Arms
Booty Barre Ballet

Pilates:
Mari Winsor Slimming Pilates (including the Accelerator)
Element Total Body Pilates (the Lisa Hubbard one that uses the mini ball)
Tracey Mallett Pilates Super Sculpt
Winsor Pilates Maximum Burn Super Sculpting and Body Slimming
10 Minute Solution Tighten and Tone Pilates
Kathy Smith's Peel Off The Pounds Pilates

Rebounding:
FitPrime G Force 2 (led by Carol Miller)

Yoga:
10 Minute Solution Yoga
Kristin McGee's Power Yoga (the one in a white/orange cover, NOT the MTV one)

Margaret Richard:
Sculpture
Classics
All My Best 1 and 2

Other things I like (non-DVD related):
Barre grippy socks (for a man's size 9)
I love to knit and crochet
Anything with dark chocolate
Anything peanut butter
Keurig coffee pods (medium roast)
Nice smelling cologne

Thank you Secret Santa!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday exchange 2016