Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-17, 07:49 PM  
sherry7899

The deadline was last Friday- but please check with Anne.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 08:04 AM  
Sidlynn

Hi Santa!

I’m so glad you signed up for this exchange and I’m looking forward to whatever you are able to send. This is my 7th year participating and the surprises are always my favorite part, perhaps with a bit of local flavor from wherever you are added to the mix.

I haven’t been very adventurous with DVDs lately because I’ve lacked focus. I needed some structure, so I’ve just completed a rotation of Chalean Extreme (go me!). I scored Tracy Anderon’s Meta Omni at a thrift store and might start that in the near future (currently rocking a cold, oof).

I enjoy kickboxing and hi/lo and step with complex choreography. I love trying new things, but belly dance and I do not mix! Best workout length for me tends to be 30-45 minutes, less for yoga, which I recognize the value of but haven’t clicked with yet. Used DVDs would be great, and I also warmly welcome VHS tapes.

Here are some ideas, in no particular order. Any one of them would be a great addition to my collection, but it’s not a very long list so feel free to improvise.

Marcus Irwin's Step Fusion (discontinued, but I am compelled to keep wishing)
Any Chalean Extreme Deluxe workouts
Kristin Dowell’s Dressed Up Drills
Kickbox Jam: CIA 2K03 (Sherri Jacquelyn)
Turbo Kick (I have 4: 7, 10, and 2 others that I’ve forgotten, but will update shortly!)

I could also use a small calendar to use to keep track of workouts, something spiral bound so it stays open to the week that I’m on.
Hair ties – I have 2 daughters so hair ties are always disappearing!
I have a thing for llamas and alpacas.
I also enjoy fun socks – either ankle socks for workouts or longer socks to wear with dress pants that have a fun design.
Maybe sticky socks for yoga – I don’t do it often, but if I want to in the winter these would keep me warm and motivated.
I’m not crazy about coffee or coconut.
I recently joined Weight Watchers so any of their products would be welcome, especially hot chocolate and pastas, but I’m eager to try whatever they’ve got!
Anything homemade would also be appreciated (if it’s food and not point-friendly, I have a husband and children who aren’t counting!)
And here’s a link to my Amazon wish list, which mainly has kindle books: http://a.co/gpyXiXS

Hope that helps get you started - whatever you come up with will be greatly appreciated - thanks so much in advance!

"This is good for us!" ~Gilad
Sidlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 09:35 AM  
fitjen

Hi Secret Santa!

I love being a part of the Holiday Gift Exchange! I love all things fitness, and used/traded items are fine.

A little about me....I do mostly Cathe workouts, subscribe to Cathe Live, and have preordered her FitSplit seriers. I really like Les Mills workouts and subscribe to LMOD as well. I also subscribe to GHUTV and BBOD, but I rarely do those anymore. I have a spin bike and treadmill at home along with various weights, KBs, etc. I like to say that fitness is my habit, but I've slacked off in recent years and really want to get back to where I was. My favorite type of workouts are interval/circuit/metabolic. In other words, I'm not a huge fan of steady-state cardio. I also like to keep my workouts between 30-45 minutes.

I love to cook, but I'm on WW, so please don't send any sweets. I live on a lake, and the beach is my go to place. I live with longtime BF and our three labs who keep us quite busy.

Here are some suggestions - have fun - I'll love anything!
I would be very interested in any spin dvd/gift card that would have spin/weights (off bike, on bike) combinations.
KCM Build & Burn
KCM Meltdown
Good, short, metabolic or HiiT workouts

I really could use a new firewalker loop. I'm expecting mine to pop any time.
I have long hair, so any headbands, etc. would be great!
I love motivational tanks if you could find some cheap, size XL.
I wear jewelry - costume bracelets/bangles, loop earrings, long necklaces.

Herbal teas - cinnamon or chai
Keurig Coffee cups - holiday or flavored, but nothing too strong
Healthy Recipes - I love to cook!
Low profile athletic socks
Fitness journal

I'll keep thinking and try to add to the list to give you some options. Thanks again!!

Last edited by fitjen; 11-02-17 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Added some items
fitjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 11:46 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Fitness Santa!

First, I want to thank you for anything that you choose for me! Gently used DVDs, books, etc are perfectly fine if you can swap/trade for something on my list. I will appreciate whatever you send me and I really love this time of year and celebrating Christmas! It’s so nice to have someone that is a friend in fitness who will be shopping for me. Participating in the event at VF is always fun for me and I hope it will be for you, as well.

Just the DVDs
Andrea Orbeck Supermodel Series Butt & Thighs

Angie Miller Core and Strength Fusion
Angie Miller Crave Results Strength and Cardio

Cathe Fit Tower Bootcamp
Cathe Fit Tower Legs, Glutes, and Core
Cathe Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets
Cathe Strong and Sweaty Upper Body

Jari Love Get Ripped Express
Jari Love Get Ripped in 6 Minutes

Kelly Coffey-Meyer Amped Up Cardio Live

Lacey Kondi Callanetics Pure

Linda Wooldridge Barlates Body Blitz Pilates Ring series
Linda Wooldridge Barlates Body Blitz Ankle Weight series

Mark Lauren Mobility Rx

Simone De La Rue Body By Simone: The Signature Class

Tony Horton P90X3 Dynamix

Other Miscellaneous Items
Bar soap in spa scents (non-floral, please!)
Black cat anything (I have two!)
Books (Historical romance, Scottish highland themed, Christmas themed, Christian fiction)
Burt’s Bees (or other) lip balm, tint, shimmer in pink, rose shades
Crochet items (like stitch markers, case for hooks, used magazine, etc.)
Dark chocolate (no food allergies.)
Favorite colors (pinks, teals, greens, purple…in case you’re crafty?)
Huge Outlander Fan (have all the books) but maybe other gift item?
Recipes (protein bar, smoothie, or other favorite that’s healthy.)
Teas (green or herbal.)

If something else comes to mind, I'll try to add it soon!

Thanks again!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 02:04 PM  
jusca

Hey Secret Santa! Feel free to send whatever you'd like. I'm happy to receive anything. These are only suggestions if you need some help in choosing an item. A little about me...

- I love a good bargain. Used, good condition books & dvds are welcome! I would be so proud to know you saved a penny or two. I'm thrilled by a good deal!

- I cook at home all the time. Healthier versions of Cajun/creole/Southern/texmex
cuisine are my staples. I can never have too many kitchen gadgets/utensils. lol

- I believe in outright ownership of products so having a physical/downloadable
digital copy is a must for me. DVDs, downloadable mp3s, non-drm videos that
aren't tied to a platform player. I don't stream anything.
- I love cats and have one.
- Play acoustic & electric guitar and acoustic drums.
- Listen to music 24/7 on an mp3 player. I can kill a phone's battery so fast so
I have a dedicated mp3 player. My mp3 collection is scarier than my fitness dvds.
I think I'm up to 7,000 songs purchased over the years.
-I love watching movies, especially comedies, animated, music documentaries and
fantasy (LOTR). Jurassic Park is my favorite movie of all time.
- Flashlights
- Socks with sticky bottoms (wide foot. men sizes are fine. I wear a womens 9-10 wide)
- 2018 wall calendars -- themes of any kind of animal or nature scenery is fine
- Fave colors: blue, purple, silver, black

The only things I can't accept are food and lotions/soaps, cosmetic jewelry, etc (I have very sensitive skin).

Wish List
Fitness DVDs:
Shazzy Fitness - A Time To Dance
Dance and Be Fit: Brazilian Body
Zumba Exhilarate

Gift Cards:
Amazon, Musician's Friend, HEB.com, Kohl's, Sally Beauty, Walmart

Books/Other DVDs:
Cooking Light Way to Cook: The Complete Visual Guide To Everyday Cooking
Cooking Light Comfort Food: Home-Cooked, Delicious Classics Made Light
Wreck It Ralph Widescreen DVD
Step Brothers Widescreen DVD

I hope this helps and thank you for your gift! Have a happy holiday!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 04:22 PM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Anne, for letting me participate again this year even though I am habitually late signing up.

I changed career paths this year and now work for the USPS as a letter carrier. As such, I'm out in the elements and I walk. Yay! But I need to stay warm! So things like ear muffs, balaclava, buff headgear, hand and foot warmers, etc. are great ideas. Also, if you can find one on clearance, one of those neck cooler doo dads would be great for summer. Also, anything you can think of to sooth aching feet.

This year's wish list is kind of getting back to basics, if you will. With the increase in activity in my work day, I need to focus on lengthening and strengthening and stretching in order to feel great and avoid injury. In order of most wanted:

DVDs

Callanetics: Core Assets

Eoin Finn: Power Yoga for Happiness (digital download)

Eoin Finn: The Pursuit of Happy Hips

Leah Sarago: Release

Mari Winsor's Pink Ribbon Pilates with Band

Mari Winsor's Pilates

I love dark chocolate; Penguins; and Wonder Woman! I also have a Cinderella thing going on. Basically, I'm using my grandbabies as an excuse to indulge my inner child. (the only room in my house that matches is the wonder woman bedroom I have set up “for my grandbabies.” LOL)

I have a huge jacuzzi tub and bath bombs are a great idea. Lavender is my favorite scent.

I'm just thrilled to be participating and have loved everything I've been blessed with in past exchanges. Thank you in advance, Santa!!!

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 07:36 PM  
IrishOT

I am so excited to be participating in the Holiday Exchange again this year! It truly is one of the highlights of the Holiday season for me! I love sleuthing and shopping for my giftee and am thrilled that someone that understands my video fitness addiction is thinking of me! Used/re-gifted items are definitely fine. I celebrate Christmas in a religious and traditional way.

First a little about me. I am married with no kids. We do have a cat named Pickles who is my baby girl! My husband had open heart surgery earlier this fall, we have a mini farm with lots of vegetables and a flock of chickens. I am an occupational therapist and work with teens and adults with a diagnosis of Autism or other similar diagnoses. The program where I work is a farm based residential and school based program, so I am outdoors a lot working with the people on my caseload in their vocational settings. I am so blessed to have a job that I enjoy so much!
I need my morning workouts or I feel off for the day. A few mornings a week I meed a running buddy to run before work and then mix in DVDs here and there. DVDs here and there. I really enjoy running and run a lot of races from 5ks to marathons. I also enjoy yoga class. I haven't really found any yoga DVDs that I click with, but I love the class I go to.
I enjoy being outdoors, hiking and camping. DH and I typically participate in a few running relays each year and usually plan our trips around a run/race or running relay.

I am pretty set for quite a while on personal care items such as lotions, lip balms, hand sanitizer, etc and don't burn candles.

I don't drink coffee, but do like flavored teas.

Some DVDs I am interested in acquiring are:

This DVD set from Xtrain Fit https://www.amazon.com/Triple-Threat...7753973&sr=8-2
Kelly Coffey Meyer (currently pre-sale) Burn & Build
The New Iron Strength for Runners (from Rodale & Runner's World) http://www.rodalestore.com/product/t...w_Ironstrength
Jari Love Get Ripped Express
Jari Love Ripped in 6 minutes

These beachbody sets, but I know they are pricey so they are a way long shot, maybe you ordered them and didn't like them: Shift Shop and Core De Force

Other things I like/am interested in:
- This running vest from Walmart (Danskin) in the orange color size Large
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-N...ocket/55748318
- wool everyday socks to wear through the winter
- Irish themed things that can be hung on the wall
- Butterflies
- Dark Chocolate- darker the better! I don't really like mint and cinnamon flavors or nuts in the chocolate, but other flavors are fine. Dark chocolate sea salt caramels are a favorite!
- I like pumpkin spice flavored things
- I don't live near a Trader Joe's but if you happen to, one of my favorite things from there is the Coco Almond Spread- it is my go-to spread on a bagel as a pre long run or pre-race breakfast!
- Another thing if you live near a Trader Joe's I really like their dark chocolate peanut butter cups
- I enjoy running themed casual bracelets/necklaces
- My favorite colors are purple, green and orange
- I prefer zig zag, stripes, geometric, and polka dots to flower or paisley designs
- I enjoy crocheting

If I think of any thing else I will update!

Thank you so much for being my secret Holiday buddy! If I think of anything else to add I will come back.
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-17, 07:47 AM  
sherry7899

bumping

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-17, 11:02 AM  
Workingit

Dear Santa,
This is my second year participating. I loved it so much last year I had to try it again. I apologize I am not a big poster here only a lurker.
A little information about me, I am married with 3 adult children and 1 grandchild. Just made a drastic change in my life leaving the east coast to move to the midwest for my husbands job. It has been an adjustment. I had a major surgery last year and had to really modify my workouts. I ended up gaining a lot of weight some had to do with the medications I was on compounded with everything else. So I am ready to get at it.
My favorite Color is Blue and I do not like coffee or coconut.

DVD's I would be interested in are: used are fine

Cathe Slide and Glide
Any other Cathe, I only have her ICE series so I am open.
any of the 10 minute solution DVD's ( I have none) I can take those to work and grab a quick workout on break or lunch.
Tracy Anderson Glutecentric

Other items

grippy socks
headbands to keep my hair out of my face
I love dark chocolate, Hershey nuggets with Almonds and Hershey Kisses with Caremal
cute of funny printed t shirts or tank tops size large
I collect giraffes
a pocket calendar/planner
I love food smelling candles
resistance loops

That's a start. I will be appreciative of anything I get.
Thanks
Workingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-17, 02:09 PM  
Katri

Hi Secret Santa! I am working on my list, and I promise to post it soon.

Tags
2017 exchange wish list, holiday exchange 2017