Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-16, 02:02 PM  
firmiewannabe

Happy Holidays Secret Santa!
This past year has been hard for me to find time or motivation to exercise so I will greatly appreciate any gift you may provide! Used DVDs are perfect if you can find them.

DVDs:
Jane Adam's Gentle Yoga
Element Beginner Level Yoga - Alanna Zabel
Karen Voight Great Weighted Workout
30 Minutes to Fitness Body Shop - Kelly Coffey-Meyer
The Firm Fat Burning - Stacey Milner-Collins
The Firm Parts Upper Body

Random:
I love chocolate - any kind
Big fan of NFL football - Go Broncos and Vikings!!
I enjoy trying new tea during the winter - open to trying your favorite or a fun seasonal flavor
Please share your favorite soup/stew recipes!
Breath mints - any flavor
Finger nail clipper
I'm trying to find a good base/top coat clear nail polish that is easily available locally, any recommendations?

Have a great holiday season!
firmiewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-16, 04:19 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I got everything typed out, then it all got erased!! I'm going to try again, but I will save this time!

First off, thank you Santa, for participating in the gift exchange this year and being my Santa I want to let you know that I truly appreciate anything you are able to give, and I have no expectations beyond having fun with this fitness based exchange. I have a long list, but that is only to give you insight into what I like, and to give you plenty of options to choose from. I am 100% great with any used items. Any higher retail priced items you see on my wish list are only on there in the event that you can get them used, on sale, or in trade.

I am pretty much only interested in DVDs, as I do not have internet at home for streaming, and it also makes downloads difficult since I have limited data on my phone. However, I would be very happy with any YouTube download compilations put onto DVD since I don't get to go YouTube-ing very often, and I know there are lots of workout options on there.

I like a wide variety of workouts, including boxing/martial arts, kettlebells, yoga and dance. I have a few pilates and barre workouts, but not many. I do have a lot of DVDs and sets, but here are some things I've had my eye on in no particular order (I'll provide links to anything that can't be found on TotalFitnessDVDs.com):

Kyle Coletti - Focusmaster Fitness Fit in 30

Cleo the Hurricane - Rockin' Legs N Abs Fitness & Flexibility https://smile.amazon.com/Rockin-Legs...+the+hurricane

Kelly Coffey-Meyer - Meltdown http://coffeyfit.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25
Kelly Coffey-Meyer - Cardio Pump
Kelly Coffey-Meyer - Split Sessions
Kelly Coffey-Meyer - Weights
Kelly Coffey-Meyer - Lift
Kelly Coffey-Meyer - Plateau Buster

Shimmy - Season 1 https://smile.amazon.com/Shimmy-Comp...F3136Q1HM92N87
Shimmy - Season 2 https://smile.amazon.com/Shimmy-Omni...D0RENSRMS573TV

Namaste Yoga - Season 3 https://smile.amazon.com/Namaste-Yog...+yoga+season+3

Buti Yoga - Hot Core https://butiyoga.com/collections/dvds

Pure Barre - Any DVD from the Pure Results Series, Resistance Series, or Flex Series http://www.purebarre.com/shop/catalo...ment/id/3/?p=1

Susan Chung - Rapidfire Results

Leah Sarago - Ballet Body Upper
Leah Sarago - Ballet Body Lower
Leah Sarago - Ballet Body Total Body

Kettleworx 8 Week Advanced Set https://smile.amazon.com/KettleWorx-...+week+advanced

Suzanne Bowen - Barre Amped Strengthen & Stretch
Suzanne Bowen - new rebounding workouts if they are released on time for the exchange

Ellen Barrett - new workout if it is released in time for the exchange

Ramel Rones - Sunrise & Sunset Tai Chi Bundle https://smile.amazon.com/Bundle-Sunr...unrise+tai+chi

David Dorian Ross - Tai Chi Ball Workout for Beginners https://smile.amazon.com/Tai-Chi-Bal...s+tai+chi+ball

Rebekah Rotstein - Pilates for Buff Bones

Do More Pilates Standing
Do More Pilates Mat

Floor Flow (this actually is a download that can be found on Mary's site) https://shop.platformpurple.com/?shop=2550#

Stephanie Lauren - Plyoga

Gilad - Lord of the Abs - Hard Core
Gilad - Lord of the Abs - Phenomenal Abs & Core
Gilad - Express Workouts http://www.collagevideo.com/products...press-workouts

And here are some things about me that you may find helpful :

I am a huge Dallas Cowboys fan, so I love any kind of Cowboys memorabilia or anything in their colors.
I have two cats who are my babies, so I love anything cat related.
If you are crafty, I would be so excited to receive something hand/homemade.
Not big on candy, but baked goods at the holidays are awesome if that's something you like to do!
I love to read, especially biographies and true crime novels.
I am a perfume junkie, so any scent samples are great!
I like sparkly things I also love to use nail polish stickers for my manicures instead of actual polish, as they last so much longer for me.
I have neighbors (like 1/2 mile away neighbors, but apparently that's close enough!) who like to play their bass loud, so if you know of any good earplugs, I'd love to try them, haha!!
Trying to work on getting my math degree, but need to brush up on some stuff, so any pre-calculus/Calculus/Trig books would be of great interest. There is one series on Amazon called Math Girls that looks interesting.
I don't cook a lot because I like things very plain, but a book of simple, minimal ingredient recipes would be something very useful.
Oh, and I need a cutting board, haha

Again, I am so grateful for whatever you send, and only wish to provide you with ideas and options and really hope I didn't overwhelm you!! Please elf me if you have any questions about my list, and thank you so much
Old 10-30-16, 05:03 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ots View Post
Placeholder!

I know I want the new Amy Bento step workout --- which I decided not to preorder to make sure I had ideas for the exchange. In the meantime, I am stalking other people's lists for ideas to put on mine....
I am doing the same!
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-16, 08:19 AM  
sherry7899

Bumping

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-16, 10:57 AM  
Sidlynn

Hi Santa!

I’m so glad you signed up for this exchange and I’m looking forward to whatever you are able to send. The surprises are always my favorite part, perhaps with a bit of local flavor from wherever you are added to the mix.

This is my 6th year participating – I signed up very late as I have not been very good about my workouts this year and wasn’t sure my heart would be in it. After a job that let me work from home 2 days/week and then some paid severance, I’m now in the office 5 days a week and I don’t see how this can be considered typical or acceptable in any way. I got back into DVDs at the start of the summer, but did something weird to my knee. It’s mostly better now, but I’ve only been walking since then. And the kids have taken over my workout room so I’ll have to fight to get that back yet again (I have 2 girls, ages 8 and 10). So I’m kind of re-starting, so low impact workouts 30-45 mins in length might be best for me (despite what I have listed below!).

My favorite kinds of workouts are kickboxing, step, and hi/lo (I love complex choreography). I’m not sure I should be stepping because of the weird knee thing, but I will include one step DVD because it’s been on my list for years.
Used DVDs would be great, and I also warmly welcome VHS tapes.

Here are some ideas, in no particular order. Any one of them would be a great addition to my collection, but feel free to go off-list.

Marcus Irwin's Step Fusion (discontinued, but I am compelled to keep wishing)
Kristin Dowell’s Dressed Up Drills
Kickbox Jam: CIA 2K03 (Sherri Jacquelyn)
Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30-Minutes to Fitness TLC
Any Turbo Kick (other than 7 and 10 which I received and LOVED last year!)
Any TRX/suspension training workouts
Any Bosu workout (other than Bosu Blast, which I own)

I could also use a small calendar to use to keep track of workouts, something spiral bound so it stays open to the week that I’m on. Tech gloves so my fingers don’t freeze as I check facebook when my train is late (again). Hair ties – as I said, I have 2 daughters so hair ties and snap clips are always disappearing! I also enjoy fun socks (wish I’d bought the pair with a sloth on them at Target the other week, anything cute that I can wear to work), cats (have a black & white guy and a dilute calico gal), treats with caramel, mint, or marshmallow involved in some way, and dark chocolate (by itself or around something else, not fussy but not crazy about coffee or coconut). Also a fan of Disney and taking our second family trip there in June. Anything homemade would also be appreciated! 

Hope that helps get you started! Whatever you come up with will be greatly appreciated - thanks so much in advance!

"This is good for us!" ~Gilad
Sidlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-16, 12:23 PM  
fitjen

Hi to my Secret Santa!

I love participating in this every year, and like everyone else, I don’t expect much and always like what I’ve gotten. It’s nice to participate in an exchange like this where we “get” each other’s love for home workouts.

Gently used DVDs are perfectly fine. I have taken a hiatus, but I was doing really well and am trying to get started again. I like circuit workouts, interval workouts, compound movements, spinning, and preferably high-intensity/lower-impact options (even those I can modify from high-impact). I subscribe to Les Mills on Demand, Beachbody on Demand, and Cathe Live, and I’ve preordered Cathe’s newest.

DVDs of Interest (Anything along these lines are of interest to me – these may give you ideas.)
Jari Love Get Ripped Express DVD (I don’t have any of hers, but I’m interested in the shorter ones.)
Kelly Coffey-Meyer Meltdown
Kelly Coffey-Meyer Body Design
Mike Donavanik Extreme Burn HiiT 30
Mike Donavanik Extreme Burn Total Body Interval Training
Tracie Long – The Studio Series – Metabolic Strength
Any downloads with cardio/strength
DeltaFit

Books
Fixate by Autumn Calabrese
Fitness Journal – I use apps, but I like to write things down, too.

Fitness Items
Dance Socks (Country Heat is hard to do on carpet.)
Hair bands – I have long hair.
Low profile socks – any color

Miscellaneous
I love the beach, and I live on a lake.
I have a spin bike and a treadmill, and I like to use those.
Lip balms and lotions – not too sweet
I’m trying to lose weight, so I’d prefer no sweet treats. I do like herbal teas.
I like bangle bracelets.
Old 10-31-16, 01:18 PM  
Katri

I promise to post my list soon
Old 11-01-16, 10:27 AM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Place holder while I figure out what I'm wishing for

Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 11:20 AM  
sherry7899

I am happy to nudge people to post lists if anyone needs it.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 01:08 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Hello Secret Santa,

Before I post my list, please know I will adore whatever I receive. Please don't feel the need to go beyond your comfort level financially. I truly believe the exchange is about the spirit of the season and getting to make a new VF friend, not about the stuff.

Here are some wish list ideas.

DVDS - If possible, please buy used DVDS. I'm trying to do my part to be a steward of the earth.

- Jillian Michaels Hot Body Healthy Mommy. I'm not pregnant yet like lower intensity workouts from Jillian
- Jillian Michaels Shred it with Weights
- Jillian Michaels 10 Minute Body Transformation
- Weight Watcher Ultimate Dance Party Kit w/ Ilyse Baker
- Dancinerate Burn w/ Ilyse Baker
- Your Sexy Everything w/ Ilyse Baker
- The Firm Target Toning Zero in Ten
- Deep Stretch/Yin Yoga w/ Mimi Solaire

Other Ideas
- Colorful fleece type socks. My feet are always cold. I wear a 7.5 in shoes.
- a Christmas ornament that represents your part of the world. I collect ornaments from every place I visit.
- ouchless pony tail elastics. I have cats so I lose these frequently when they become toys. I'm pretty sure I have a major stash under my stove, but I'm not going under there to fish them out.
- I have three cats so anything that's related to cats is awesome (mugs, home decor, desk top items, etc).
- I enjoy hot chocolate and fruit teas.
- I enjoy reading cozy mysteries.
- soup, cookie, casserole or one pot recipes. I have crock pots, a pressure cooker, and other kitchen gadgets. I don't have any food allergies or sensitivities, although I'm not too keen on seafood.
- I'm a sucker for homemade cookies, brownies, muffins, scones, etc. I have yet to meet a baked good I haven't loved.

I'm excited to make a new VF friend! Thank you for being a part of my holidays!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday exchange 2016