Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-23, 01:59 PM  
ChelePA

[QUOTE=AnMrsDe;3016647]I did Killer Legs and Gloved Up & Sweaty so far. I really liked both! I did the Killer Legs & Killer Barre Bonus =56 min. and thought the Barre workout was the Killer of the 2!! Yowsa - I was sore for 3 days (probably for doing something different than the norm). But I'm a barre wimp, so YMMV!

Same!!!! haha. That bonus kicked my butt. It has a dread factor for me since barre is my nemesis. The mini ball section was tough and only 10 minutes! Brenda looked like how I felt. Loved the faces she was making!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-23, 02:02 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
I have done TBB and Killer Legs. Between the two, I definitely liked Killer Legs more.

I did the upper body/core premix on TBB. It was good, and I do like how she mixed the core in at the end. It was just more of an endurance workout, and I was hoping for more strength/long rest breaks a la STS2.0. I did appreciate the long and thorough warm up on this one.

For Killer Legs, I did the timesaver w/barre premix. Really enjoyed this one, great energy on the set, fun and different moves w/good oldies too and wowza that barre bonus! I am a big fan of her barre bonuses, and this one was killer legs, truly. If you do this premix, you get the barre stretch plus the regular stretch, which was very nice.
I'm just the opposite. I am actually liking them more since there aren't longer rest periods and some moves have a cardio effect. I ended up selling my STS 2.0 set.

Agree that barre section was very difficult especially the first 10 minutes when using the mini ball. My legs were fried at the end.
Old 12-27-23, 02:06 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
I did Gloved up and sweaty along with the jump rope bonus for a 49 minute workout. It was OK. I used my 1 pound wrist weights too b/c of the other reviews that mentioned that it was not very intense. I'm glad I did, b/c they were right. I wasn't all that impressed with the jump rope portion but used my JNL fake jump rope handles b/c of the low ceiling in my workout room. It's not something I'm totally eager to do again. For a shorter KB type workout, I much prefer Cathe's 4 day split workout.

Still, it's nice to have light day options. It's not overly cardio intensive but does offer a bit of a sweat. Sometimes workouts take a bit of time for me to warm up to, so maybe I'll like it more the next time around.
I'm the same. I like to do the workouts several times before I make my final opinion. I love Fit Split these days, but the first time around, I wasn't a big fan. The music and routines grew on me over time.
Old 12-27-23, 02:11 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
I did this one yesterday as produced at 49 minutes and it was good. I think I would probably increase most of the weights by 2.5 or 5 pounds the next time around or use my weight vest, but it was a non-dread workout with the weights Cathe uses. I liked that she added in some abs at the end. It went by quickly. Only the first sets of squats required the barbell to be carried on the shoulders behind the head, (which I can't do) so I just used dumbbells for that first set of exercises.

I liked that she doesn't rep you to death on these. She put in some push ups during the ab section at the end, but with only 2 sets of 8, they were doable, so I didn't cuss too much.
I agree. I actually lifted lighter than Cathe as a precaution but definitely can increase on a few of the exercises. Loved having my new Cathe foam pad for those first sets of squats with the barbell on my shoulder. So much more comfortable. Same for the hip bridges. I added on the bonus, which I really liked too. The squats plus crossovers had me trembling and there weren't even that many reps. Maybe my legs were more tired than I realized.

I had to pause the DVD a few times to switch out weights on the barbell. Hopefully, I'll be faster in the future now that I know what to expect.
Old 12-27-23, 02:11 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Did Total Body Barbell and Killer legs Bonus Barre

TB Barbell was a perfect holiday week workout. Short and hits everything well enough if you heavy up on the weights. I used dumbbells and a heavy weight vest (for the lower body part).

The pleasant surprise was the Barre bonus!! Killer indeed!! I am going to work that in to my schedule for sure!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-23, 07:53 AM  
angie_nrs

Killer legs with Bonus Barre

I did this one yesterday and am feeling my cheeks and hammies today. Of the 3 (haven't done the cycle one), this was by far my favorite. I liked that there were some fresh moves in here. Again, she does not rep to death and I probably could have gone heavier. Some of the synthesizer music was crappy. But, there was also some music with vocals, which is the type I prefer. The bonus barre music was great! I wish she'd stick to that type of music for all of her workouts or go back to the throwback music like in X-train and Sash series. I do think that the music makes a big difference in how much I like or dislike a workout.

The bonus barre was a nice addition. I will use it often. I wear shorts and I was sweaty at that point in the workout, but I have Cathe's green ball and it's texture prevented any sliding issues. I do not feel like she overdid the reps like she does in some of her other barre/floor work. With the add on bonus, there are 2 stretch's at the end....one following the barre (which was a bit unique) and the other with the regular workout (which was her usual). If I wanted to make it a 52 minute workout instead of 56 minutes, I would just skip the last stretch routine. Overall, this workout was a hit.

Tags
cathe, cathe 2023 series, cathe 2023 series reviews, gloved up and sweaty, killer legs