Has anyone tried this one?! I have read reviews at www.amazon.com
but would love to hear from one of you! Do you like it?! I have heard
the tea cup meditation at the end is amazing. Anyone

Thanks,
~Ellie
Ellieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 04:24 PM  
crysmz

I'm bumping this up because I'd love some comments about this DVD as well.
crysmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 04:50 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I don't know but I just ordered this today so I'm hoping your response is good.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 07:02 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I was disappointed in this one, but then I had the wrong idea about it. I thought the new/improved Fat-Free Yoga was going to be vigorous/sweaty in nature and it turned out to be just the opposite for me. My favorite Ravi/Ana DVD is Navel Power.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 07:33 PM  
lakhshmi

I Love this one

I love the Fat Free Lose Weight and Feel Great. I have been using it for 2 months and have lost 11 pounds. It has 4 sets and even when I don't have time to do them all it has still been effective for me.
I grew up partly in India and my grandfather taught me many yoga poses. I recognize some of the things I learned from him which gives me a very good feeling when I do the workout.
I think it is a truly amazing workout. Maybe you don't get all sweaty (well I do but I sweat whatever workout I do) but people who get all sweaty don't neccesarily lose weight. The all body, no brains, approach does not always work. I think this DVD works much deeper then that.There are exercises that target the thyroid which these days most of us have compromised from all the pollution etc.

I have definitely built strength and tone as well.

I am so grateful to Ravi & Ana for this workout. Their knowledge of how to put a workout together to make it so effective ie., how to sequence, how long to hold the pose, etc. is incredibly insightful.
lakhshmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 11:28 PM  
crysmz

After reading the reviews at Amazon, I ordered the DVD tonight. I'm hoping it's good!!
crysmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 08:32 AM  
ganeshagirl

I used to think very differently about weight loss until I started exploring yoga. I think I have lost a lot of water weight in my life and went on every extreme det you could think of. All that did was throw my system out of whack and it has been a long slow process to put things back on track.
Before I felt like I had no metabolism at all - it just didn't work - but now I feel that Ana & Ravis Fat Free Yoga has jumpstarted my glands and things are working as they should be. Plus I feel more energy and feel more in control of my life.

ganeshagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 09:02 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I bought two of the Ravi & Ana DVDs, including "Fat Free" and haven't done them yet! I did preview them and they look interesting.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 09:39 AM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakhshmi
I love the Fat Free Lose Weight and Feel Great. There are exercises that target the thyroid which these days most of us have compromised from all the pollution etc.

What exercises or sections work the thyroid? This is very interesting. Tell me more.
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 02:55 PM  
lakhshmi

Marie

Do you have the Fat Free Yoga DVD? The first 19 minute section "Start Your Engines" has a vigorous exercise in which the hands start at throat level with index fingers curled under thumbs, arms go straight up then back to throat level(this is hard to describe!). It is done powerfully with powerfull breathing. I think they say that one is for thyroid. Then the whole 4th section "Your life is in your own Glands" is all about the thyroid.
It is common knowledge that a healthy thyroid gland is important for metabolism. But it is also important for staying youthful and for beauty and moods, even for sex drive!

My husband, who is a doctor, has informed me that compromised thyroids are on the rise from heavy metals in the environment. Also from stress.

Its been a revelation to me to find how directly kundalini yoga focuses on health issues like this.
lakhshmi is offline   Reply With Quote