Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-24, 04:13 PM  
Gams

Any reviews of Kelly’s new RAW workouts?

I did the Kickbox NRG workout from the Lean Physique DVD today. I can’t really review it, though, because I don’t care for kickboxing workouts much, so my opinion doesn’t mean much. I enjoyed the workout- lots of boxing, not much kicking. Kelly worked out with one background exerciser - I think her name was Kitty. Music was fine and I didn’t notice the sound issues that her RAW DVDs have, so it was either not as pronounced or I’m getting used to it. So glad she’s still making DVDs and these are a bargain at $10.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-24, 04:39 PM  
rhbrand

So the kickboxing workout is more boxing? I love boxing workouts. Might have to check this one out.
Old 02-04-24, 10:30 PM  
fatkat555

I just did Balance, Strength, and Core, workout 2, on the More Than Just Strength Dvd. This is an instant favorite.

I did not use a stopwatch, but it seemed to clock in at 32 minutes.

I used a fabric loop band, light, optional for the warmup squats.

Everything was balance work after that. I love the lopsided use of a dumbbell in traditional exercises. I don’t feel beat up, my brain had to engage, and my whole body feels worked. A+ on this one.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 11:14 PM  
fatkat555

I did More Than Just Strength, Heavy Up and Move tonight. This clocked in at about 32 minutes a well. I really like these! I admit I didn’t go my heaviest because I never do my first time out of the gate with any new workout. This little workout can be pretty tough if I go heavy.

Sometimes you can feel slighted by no ab work, but between heavy sets Kelly uses the time to do standing abs combined with low impact moves. So no standing around.

I’m extremely happy with this dvd. I’ll try the other new one tomorrow.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 02-06-24, 02:18 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I did More Than Just Strength, Heavy Up and Move tonight. This clocked in at about 32 minutes a well. I really like these! I admit I didn’t go my heaviest because I never do my first time out of the gate with any new workout. This little workout can be pretty tough if I go heavy.

Sometimes you can feel slighted by no ab work, but between heavy sets Kelly uses the time to do standing abs combined with low impact moves. So no standing around.

I’m extremely happy with this dvd. I’ll try the other new one tomorrow.
Thank you fatkat555 for your reviews of the new KCM DVDs. I received my DVDs several days ago, but my energy has been somewhat low this week, so I'm putting the DVDs off until I feel better. I love reading your observations about the new KCM workouts.
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-24, 02:25 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I did the Kickbox NRG workout from the Lean Physique DVD today. I can’t really review it, though, because I don’t care for kickboxing workouts much, so my opinion doesn’t mean much. I enjoyed the workout- lots of boxing, not much kicking. Kelly worked out with one background exerciser - I think her name was Kitty. Music was fine and I didn’t notice the sound issues that her RAW DVDs have, so it was either not as pronounced or I’m getting used to it. So glad she’s still making DVDs and these are a bargain at $10.
Yes, the sound seems to be better here. It's a nice little 30-minute workout. She does a pair of 45-second rounds for each side. Each pair consists of a simple boxing combo, followed by a more drill-like move such as hop-to-the-side, step back. Just about all the moves are low impact and most of the combos are simple boxing. There are a few jumping jacks and mini-cross-country ski moves (literally 1-2-3, knee), but minimal.

I can recall only one or two instances of kicking. But since I love kicking, I often changed knee raises to kicks.

Workout moves at a brisk pace (once she finishes her lengthy introduction) and she's her usual peppy self (she talks to Kitty a LOT - a family member?). She looks amazing for her age.
Old 02-06-24, 07:22 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
Thank you fatkat555 for your reviews of the new KCM DVDs. I received my DVDs several days ago, but my energy has been somewhat low this week, so I'm putting the DVDs off until I feel better. I love reading your observations about the new KCM workouts.
Of course! I never used to review dvds because I’m too focused on the workout to remember it all, so i can only give my general impressions.

I’ve got some lower body DOMS this evening, nothing too extreme though.

Hope you feel better!

Old 02-06-24, 11:26 PM  
fatkat555

Tonight I tried KCM Lean Physique, Butts and Guts.

Definitely a winner for me on this one. I tried to time it and it clocks in at roughly 36 minutes. No equipment is required, but I did use a light fabric band for the bridges as Kelly and Kitty did. She set this one up in a tabata style with 8 rounds of either one exercise or split between two with short rests in between. There were variations of each exercise through each round to minimize boredom.

For those of you who hate lunges, she only had a few static lunges in the very beginning to warmup up. Plié squats were alternated with frog squats for one round for those of you who hate squats.

I felt a burn in the frog squats, and again with the side leg lifts which were another round. By the time we got to abs, my glasses were fogged up because I was hot and sweating.

What I loved about this one:

No equipment. Some days it’s all I can do just to move and dragging out equipment can be a time sucker alone. This is a plug and play, get it done workout. I need more of these.

I might have to reconsider my no streaming ban and sign up for her RAW workouts.

Tomorrow I’ll try the boxing one. I’m not the best at it, so boxing and kickboxing aren’t necessarily the workouts I reach for first, but I’ll give it a go.

Old 02-08-24, 07:58 AM  
fatkat555

Life got in the way so I didn’t get in a workout last night.

I’ll try the boxing one tonight.

Old 02-08-24, 01:24 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Fatkat, I appreciate your impressions of the workouts! I bought both, but haven't had a chance to even look at them yet! They sound like ones I will like! Kelly's a blast, but she means business and is there to work us!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kcm raw