Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-15, 01:34 PM  
KaeLaVie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
Wow! That's so expensive! I live in Montana, so I wonder if it would cost even more to be sent here?!?
My problem is, I don't know if we can afford it right now, like within the next day or so of the sale...hmm. I'm sort of just casually looking (but you know how that goes, ha ha!) Do they run sales very often like this?
They run sales a few times a year. Not always free shipping. The Black Friday deal I got when I purchased mine was 10% off...so the free shipping is actually a better deal. Shipping for me (49inch) was $105.
KaeLaVie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-15, 02:43 PM  
Yelly

Oh my goodness, I'm trying so hard to talk my husband into this - it seems like such a good deal with free shipping! And sheepla, I'm so glad you love your Bellicon!

Not sure if anyone can answer this, but do any of you find that jumping on a rebounder helps with depression?
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-15, 03:45 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
Not sure if anyone can answer this, but do any of you find that jumping on a rebounder helps with depression?
Yes!!! I have loved having my Bellicon during the winter months here! I use it almost daily.

At first I tried every walking DVD I had...Leslie, Jessica, Virtual Active hikes/runs but it works so well with other things, too! Standing ab work, crunches, kickboxing/punching, barre, balance work, TA, CS. It's so adaptable to so many workouts!

You can do as much or as little as you want. I also got the Bellicon DVDs which help with variety and it's just so much fun to jump!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-15, 11:32 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Yes!!! I have loved having my Bellicon during the winter months here! I use it almost daily.

At first I tried every walking DVD I had...Leslie, Jessica, Virtual Active hikes/runs but it works so well with other things, too! Standing ab work, crunches, kickboxing/punching, barre, balance work, TA, CS. It's so adaptable to so many workouts!

You can do as much or as little as you want. I also got the Bellicon DVDs which help with variety and it's just so much fun to jump!
Thank you! It's actually all of those Virtual Actives that I bought that got me thinking about a rebounder, Pam ha ha!
I've had my eye on the Bellicon for a long time though. I'm looking for something that will help with my depression and also help to improve my immune system. Plus it just looks like so much fun! I'm pretty sure myself (as well as my 2 little boys) would use it every day. I'd rather spend the money once and be done with it. I know for a fact that if I would buy a (still expensive) 2nd choice model, I would still want the Bellicon in the end anyhow!

Here I am talking like I'm getting one, when in reality it will be a miracle if I can talk my husband into this, lol!
Old 02-15-15, 01:40 PM  
horsemom2

Just remember when most people compare a Bellicon to a Jumpsport, that person usually doesn't have a PRO mat. There are some advantages to a Jumpsport and just because it is cheaper, it does not mean it is not excellent quality.

For me, I love the JS550 because I workout in a basement with a low ceiling and have Plantar Fasciitis which prefers a firmer more stable mat when barefoot. Yes I would love the extra 5 inches with a 49 inch mat but doubt my feet would because of more coning and instability. Also feel much more stable getting on and off the lower 550 being only 5'2" with vulnerable feet and knees.
(I really should order a handlebar for my 370 PRO to feel safer when dismounting).

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-15, 02:24 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Just remember when most people compare a Bellicon to a Jumpsport, that person usually doesn't have a PRO mat. There are some advantages to a Jumpsport and just because it is cheaper, it does not mean it is not excellent quality.

For me, I love the JS550 because I workout in a basement with a low ceiling and have Plantar Fasciitis which prefers a firmer more stable mat when barefoot. Yes I would love the extra 5 inches with a 49 inch mat but doubt my feet would because of more coning and instability. Also feel much more stable getting on and off the lower 550 being only 5'2" with vulnerable feet and knees.
(I really should order a handlebar for my 370 PRO to feel safer when dismounting).

Barb S
I'm sure the Jumpsport is amazing, and of excellent quality, and I'm certainly not knocking it or anyone who owns one.

Barb, I know you have done tons of research, and are a loyal supporter of the Jumpsport, and I trust and respect your decision completely. I think it's great that you are so passionate about the Jumpsport, and rebounding in general, because I know your enthusiasm has inspired me to look into rebounding, when I never would have given it a second thought initially. I'm sure the reasons that you have chosen the Jumpsport over the Bellicon are absolutely perfect for you, and even if I pick the Bellicon as my #1 choice, it certainly doesn't discount your decision! I just know myself well, and I know I would regret not getting a Bellicon if I were able to do so.

Who knows, if my hubby doesn't go for the Bellicon, I may get a Jumpsport when Costco gets it back in stock. We shall see, ha ha!
Old 02-15-15, 03:36 PM  
horsemom2

Right now with the free shipping and Costco sold out of the 550, the price gap for the 44 inch models has greatly narrowed ($100 instead of $300!) so if I didn't have my height issues and foot problems, it would be easy to go Bellicon.

It seems like one day, we may actually see a Bellicon selling cheaper than its comparable Jumpsport!
ETA: the combination of bouncing and music will lift most moods immediately

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-15, 09:45 PM  
nevertoolate

BTW, the JumpSport 550fi is available at Costco.com again. $499 and free shipping. I love, love, love my JS550! It's a quality piece of exercise equipment and I use it almost every day.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-15, 11:20 PM  
firmaholic

Wow, jumpsort 550 is $499, it was $399 over the holidays. At that price, I would go with Beillicon.

My friend bought returned the 550 during the holiday sale. It was soooo hard to unfold and the bounce was nothing like Bellicon's. It wa too stiff and it was no where near as well made. I had the Jumpsport 350 before I upgraded to Bellicon and liked the bounce and feel of the 350 way better than 550. Just my .02, your milage may vary.
firmaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-15, 06:41 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaholic View Post
Wow, jumpsort 550 is $499, it was $399 over the holidays. At that price, I would go with Beillicon.

My friend bought returned the 550 during the holiday sale. It was soooo hard to unfold and the bounce was nothing like Bellicon's. It wa too stiff and it was no where near as well made. I had the Jumpsport 350 before I upgraded to Bellicon and liked the bounce and feel of the 350 way better than 550. Just my .02, your milage may vary.
Definitely. Anyone who has seen rebounders made by both companies can easily spot the difference in quality. There's no comparison. Quality may not be an issue to everyone, fair enough, I get that. But those pretending the two companies produce products on equal footing don't know what they don't know, and speculation or wishful thinking can be deceiving if posted as fact. (Speaking as someone who bought a Bellicon and later visited a local Costco). Jumpsports in some ways are better than some other brands of rebounders. It would be more realistic to compare Jumpsport to those brands. Just to keep it real.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellicon, costco, rebounder