Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-24, 08:54 AM  
dakko

I ordered 2 dvds and the wait is killin' me! :P

They are, I think, Jessica's 2 latest but I can't remember the titles (no doubt because it has been soooo long! lol). The Essentrics (Season 14) I ordered a couple of weeks ago finally shipped. Did I mention the wait is killin' me???!

Meanwhile, I've been doing postprandial walks - mostly Jessica or Caroline Jordan. Did one last night with Peanut asleep on the mat and had All The Feels.
dakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-24, 01:34 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

We had a storm here yesterday. It snowed almost the entire day but thankfully only about 2 inches stuck! I had to shovel this morning and it was the wet and slushy type of snow because it started raining as I was shoveling, so it was quite a workout and that's all I'm going to do for today as far as lifting. I might ride my exercise bike later.

Donna, Did you get any snow? I'm guessing you didn't because even just barely south of here they only had rain.

Sherry, Thanks for the review of the Total Body Stamina Sets. I had planned to start that today but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Waves to Pam!
Old 01-07-24, 01:39 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Our snowstorm was a bust as well - not complaining about that!

Since I didn't want to go out and walk my doggie in the mess (rain, sleet) I added on some short workouts from Improved Health yesterday afternoon:

15 Min Legs & Glutes Cardio Walk
15 Min 1 Mile Walk
Trifecta Pilates - Stretch Ease

Both of these were nice to do for a mid-afternoon boost.

Today, I stuck with the theme so to speak and did:

Improved Health - 15 Min Mood Boost Walk
Improved Health - 10 Min Dance Walk

Both of these were fun!

I added on: Jessica Valant - Pilates for All Ages - I felt like I needed a body reset of sorts and Jessica's Pilates usually hits the areas I need to hit.

Oh - - last night my DH almost burned our kitchen down. He had turned a pan on the stove w/ oil and butter in it - then left the kitchen to go do something else and apparently forgot about it. By the time he made his way back to the kitchen the pan was completely burned and our over the stove microwave/exhaust fan had partially melted. I would be worried about his mental acuity but he has done stuff like this for as long as I have known him. Nothing quite this bad has happened before. The microwave still works, but the numbers/controls are melted. I guess we need to get a new one at some point. It could have been far worse, though, so I'm glad it wasn't! We have been thinking about doing some work in our kitchen. I'm a bit paralyzed by indecision b/c I'm not sure if we are staying here for the long haul or not. I am probably working for another 4 years, so is it worth it to remodel or do we just sell as is (but w/ a new non-melted microwave)? If we are staying I would definitely remodel - but if we're not....is it worth it?

Anyway - sorry to ramble.

I am feeling indecisive about what I want to do next.

- Jessica Valant's Back to Basics - yes, her stuff is good for me and it is a good 'reset' for my body - but I have done many of those workouts before, numerous times, so I'm thinking I may get bored......

- Improved Health January Calendar for Cardio & her 5 Day Strength Series - this may be a good re-set for me. November and December I took it pretty easy on the workouts - and then got COVID, I'm feeling back to normal now but think I need to ease back into things and this may be a good way to do so.

- Jessica Smith - her new January Rotation - although I am wondering if that may be too much, too soon and something I need to build up to??

- Jessica Smith - Build???

- Something else entirely??

A new Essentrics Challenge starts tomorrow....maybe that?

Decisions, decisions...

Happy Sunday!

Donna

p.s. Welcome, Dakko!!

And sorry you had to shovel, wishiwasinhawaii!!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-24, 02:21 PM  
Leonana

After yesterday’s Stamina workout, I decided to do a mobility workout, and opted for an old favorite, the Prehab Routine from WS 1. I had some soreness in my shoulders and chest, and the movement felt good.

Welcome, Dakko! I’m afraid I have a hard time keeping Jessica’s workouts straight nowadays lol. I hope you get your dvds soon.

wishiwasinhawaii, that does sound like a hard workout!

Donna, I’m glad your kitchen didn’t burn down. Although, I suppose it would have made the remodeling decision easier. Not long after we got our new stove, I forgot about a pan full of boiling water. It discolored the bottom of the pan and left marks on the burner on the porcelain stove top. It didn’t take me long to damage my new stovetop.
Old 01-07-24, 02:57 PM  
dakko

Thank you for the warm welcomes.

Woke up with a croupy cough during the night, so I'm happy to wait now. I don't know if I'm sick, or what; never had anything like this before. Oh! And the 2 dvd's are Gentle Stretch and Mobility, and Fitness Training for Functional Aging.

Wow, Donna! I am glad there wasn't more damage!
dakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-24, 09:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I went with Ellen this morning. I didn't sleep well, as I often don't on Sunday into Monday.

I may do Jessica Valant's short lower body weight workout later today - it is only 15 min or so...so I can probably squeeze it in. I think I'm leaning towards using Jessica Valant as my re-set, her stuff just tends to hit the areas I need to hit in order to get back into alignment so to speak!

Anyway, today was:

Ellen - Body Weight Sculpt - i did work up a sweat with this one. The only thing that stops me from doing just Ellen and cardio is the fear that it isn't enough for my muscles! But her stuff is always just feel-good to me.

Trifecta Pilates - Wake up Routine - this was just a short add on to get some extra stretching/mobility in.

LOL, Sherry -yes, if the cabinets or countertops got damaged, that would have made our decision for us. At least the microwave still works, even if buttons are melted.

dakko - I hope you are not getting sick. There is a lot of stuff going around - COVID, RSV, Flu, stomach bugs, you name it.

Waves, everyone - happy Monday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-24, 04:37 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Afraid to post again after today's 3rd attempt. Finally back to working out with Dean on the mat, and new iFIT trainer Sharon Cooper! We got about five inches of snow total on Sat & Sun, but thankfully my yard guys showed up late yesterday to shovel us out and plow the driveway!

Welcome, Dakko!

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-24, 07:24 PM  
Leonana

I haven’t been able to get in this afternoon, but finally loaded for me. I haven’t done a workout yet, but thought I’d post while I can. I think I’ll start a Jessica thread at Tapatalk VF Roost. I wonder if we can do a year thread there, or if that’s too long?

I went back to work today, so I was walking and standing for three hours. I’ll probably do a short Jessica stretch this evening. I also walked around Costco for half an hour, plus did a lot of heavy lifting. A 40 bottle package of bottled water is heavy!

Dakko, I’m sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you recover soon.

Pam, glad to see you again.

Donna, I usually have a hard time sleeping on Sunday night too.
Old 01-08-24, 07:34 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Wow, I just read the post by Pamela in GD saying Wendy has decided to turn VF over to the community! I guess this means VF will continue but it sounds like a lot of work needs to be done...at least there is a future for VF, so that's good news. I hope Wendy is ok though.

Welcome, Dakko! Hope you're feeling better.

I had to go for a blood test this morning for my annual physical and didn't want to do a strength workout, so I did a couple of short Jessica walks. Tomorrow I really want to start Jessica's new series!

We're getting another storm tomorrow but this one is all rain. The forecasts are getting scary saying it's going to be heavy rain and crazy wind that could knock out power. I'm not sure what to believe anymore because so many times the forecasts are ominous and the storms turn out to be duds.

Donna, Wow, that's scary about your kitchen. Thank goodness it wasn't worse. I have a lot of decisions to make about my house and how much longer I'm going to stay here. The real estate market here is wild right now and it's a good time to sell but the problem is I don't know where to go. If I'm staying, I have upgrades I'd like to make but it wouldn't make sense to do that if I'm selling in the next year or so. I'm planning to have a realtor come and give me his opinion.

Sherry, I can't keep Jessica's workouts straight anymore either! She's been releasing so many that I've completely lost track, lol! I can't lift those 40 bottle cases of water at Costco. That's impressive that you can do that!!! I always get lucky though and a good samaritan will ask me if I need help, but I would like to be able to lift them myself. I can lift the 24 and 32 bottle cases.

Pam, We only got about 2" of snow here. I have a yard guy who also does the snow, but he only comes if we get 3" or more.
Old 01-08-24, 10:36 PM  
Leonana

wishiwasinhawaii, I could barely lift the 40 bottles!