Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-24, 06:08 PM  
lexybeth1

Margaret richard

Hello everyone!

Does anybody know where I could purchase some
Margaret Richard workouts? I have been through some surgeries and o need light weight good workouts. I had some of hers years ago but traded/sold them. eBay is so expensive with them! And it doesnt look like her streaming is running on her website!? Total fitness did have used copy listed but it was not available when I went to purchase it. Any help greatly appreciated! I don’t have anything new or fancy to trade for hers, I would be happy to buy some but I am not sure if selling /purchasing is allowed? I’m happy to send Amazon gc or something else also if allowed now! 😘 thank you!
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 07:19 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

try VFRoost on facebook or ebay will sometimes have some.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 08:22 PM  
Abby

Kathy Smith has a compilation DVD called "Strong,Sleek, and Slim." It has her "Ultimate stomach and Thighs" workout on it. It has a long section of floor work for the lower body that is very much like what Margaret does except there are no glute lifts which you could do on your own--just turn a song on and go. The DVD is still available on Amazon and on Kathy Smith's website. The floor work section that I use lasts just under 15 minutes for the legs. there are progressively harder ab workouts.

For upper--i think Gilad's Quick Fit workouts and Denise Austin's Personal Trainer are sort of in that vein--especially the Gilad workouts because there are designated sections for shoulders, arms, etc. Denise has other upper workouts you might like and there are a plethora of them all over youtube.

That's off the top of my head. Sorry, everything I have is pretty old and I do a lot franken-workouts--a section from one dvd, then another part from a different dvd, etc. It's not for everybody.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-24, 01:17 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

There are a few of Margaret’s workouts on Amazon.

Does anyone know what Margaret is doing these days? I lost track of her. I used to be a big fan.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-24, 07:36 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
There are a few of Margaret’s workouts on Amazon.

Does anyone know what Margaret is doing these days? I lost track of her. I used to be a big fan.
It looks like she is trying to relaunch her streaming service, but it's not available yet: https://bodyelectrictv.com/subscribe/

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-24, 08:10 AM  
lexybeth1

Thank you! I had checked Amazon before but I didn’t see anything reasonably priced for used and it was very little available l. I will recheck there! Honestly, I am certain results can be great with MR! I am hopeful! I just never gave her a real chance because I was always wanting the toughest, hardest, jumping, intense etc; ie. Cathe etc. atm I just need tough, effective, etc without all of the hard intensity etc. I am 52 now and I just want to lean out, firm up, and stay healthy and uninjured while doing it 🥰♥️🙏🏼🌺
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-24, 09:28 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

lexybeth1, Her streaming has been down for some time, so I would recommend holding off on subscribing. You could try Amazon and Ebay. Since she is higher rep, Hamelin d'abell might be an option to try, Deep Toning for one idea which is more classic ballet conditioning. Classes are in UK currency, but you typically get around 7-10 one-hour classes per course, https://www.hamelindabellmethod.com/webshop/. Good luck!

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-24, 10:54 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
It looks like she is trying to relaunch her streaming service, but it's not available yet: https://bodyelectrictv.com/subscribe/
The problem, besides the obvious, is that Margaret is not being communicative whatsoever. She promised mid-March the site would be up. I was lucky that I bought my downloads when we could download them. Not any more and I think that stinks - for any site that doesn't allow one to actually download. Cathe does it beautifully and her downloads are seamless. I also bought most of her dvds so I don't have to worry about downloading. It's not a good situation.

I feel very bad for those who cannot access her workouts.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-24, 01:18 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
The problem, besides the obvious, is that Margaret is not being communicative whatsoever. She promised mid-March the site would be up. I was lucky that I bought my downloads when we could download them. Not any more and I think that stinks - for any site that doesn't allow one to actually download. Cathe does it beautifully and her downloads are seamless. I also bought most of her dvds so I don't have to worry about downloading. It's not a good situation.

I feel very bad for those who cannot access her workouts.
Yeah, I know there has been a lot of discussion here and on social media regarding MR's streaming and customer service. I'm not even a MR fan!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-24, 02:40 PM  
sherry7899

I don't understand why she just does not update people about the streaming service.
Also, there are multiple platforms other instructors use without issues. It makes no sense that.she cannot find one to use and hire someone to get it running.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard