Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-04, 07:03 PM  
bona56
VF Supporter

Wendy, I renewed my membership a day or two ago. Thanks for this great site. The updated software is wonderful! Y'know, you are truly contributing to helping people become healthy. The positive, respectful tone of this forum is great.

Thanks Bonnie
bona56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-04, 10:20 PM  
elyntan

Talking

Wendy,
Thanks for all your hard work! I just sent my donation via PayPal through my yahoo address (eht2003@yahoo), but forgot to include my username. Just wanted to give you a heads up!
Thanks again!!

Elyn
elyntan
Old 06-07-04, 08:12 PM  
doskymom

Wendy,

I sent a check in the mail last week. Just wondering if you got it....I've been having terrible luck with the U. S. Mail lately. I sent my mom something and got half the envelope back in the mail with a stamp that said, "Returned For Better Address" - of course it needed a better address - half of it was ripped off by one of their machines....
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 10:12 AM  
gettinripped

VF support

Wendy, I was just wondering what hosting company you use. It seems they charge a lot for bandwidth, but there are several companies that do not charge for bandwidth. I know my hosting company doesn't, but I don't have a big site. I'll have to check to see if they charge for bandwidth on larger sites. I'll let you know.
gettinripped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 12:56 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinripped
Wendy, I was just wondering what hosting company you use. It seems they charge a lot for bandwidth, but there are several companies that do not charge for bandwidth. I know my hosting company doesn't, but I don't have a big site. I'll have to check to see if they charge for bandwidth on larger sites. I'll let you know.
Hi there. In the early days of VF we were able to get by with hosts that offer "unlimited" bandwidth, but as soon as you start consuming enough bandwidth and resources that you slow down the other sites on the server, you get kicked off. Trust me, I know this from experience, LOL! We have gone through many hosts and servers as we've grown and are now on our own dedicated server. With our current account, we do have an adequate bandwidth allowance. My main concern these days is the size of the database. The more posts we get, the bigger the database gets the more system resources needed to do things like run searches, etc. Our last upgrade should do for a while, though it seems we outgrow our current server situation approx. every 6 to 9 months.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 03:43 PM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

Wendy -

How does one go about finding out when they became a supporter? I don't remember when I became one - do you send out email reminders?

Paula
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 03:50 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Hi there Paula,

Those who contributed via the automatic forum interface have their subscription details accessible from the "Paid Subscriptions" link of the my VF screen. For those who contributed before that system, if you gave via PayPal check your PayPal history, if you sent a check, email me and I'll look it up in my records.

I am gradually adding all older contributions into the subscription system as I have time, but they are not all in there yet. I think the automatic system may send reminders, I'm not sure.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-04, 06:02 PM  
Gilda
VF Supporter

WWWendy,
As I mentioned to you last week...in honor of my July birthday and with deep appreciation for VF, I just sent my contribution electronically. My plan is to make this a tradition, to contribute to VF each year around my birthday. (Another VFer mentioned this idea in an earlier post and I was thinking the same thing.) Hope others will take on the "birthday contribution challenge" as well!
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-04, 06:23 PM  
tapdancer

New Supporter

I just made out my check and it will go out in the morning!

"To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful. This is power, it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking."

~Agnes De Milles~

tapdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-04, 06:03 PM  
KathAL79

Questions about the supporting site links

Sorry if I'm asking questions that have been asked 20 million times before.
Do the links still work (in terms of supporting VF)? The half.com link seems to be broken. (I noticed that last night in a moment of weakness.)
When I purchase through the links, do only exercise videos / gear proceeds go to VF? Or can I order anything through Amazon and have it support VF?
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, forum issues, forum maintenance, support vf, vf members, vf support