Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-01-23, 09:44 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Great interview and demonstration about the shoulder

I thought this was a great interview with Physical therapist Eileen Kopsaftis. A couple of the things she talked about are the rotator cuff and how it might not be your shoulder that is causing the problem. Unknown Facts About Shoulder Pain

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 02:28 PM  
JENILU

Oh bless you! I have so many shoulder/neck issues and wanted to spend menopause building muscle and this has put a kink in that plan. I eat up anything I can on shoulder stuff. i don't usually like Chef AJ, but glad this is a video, so easier to find the time to "read". Thankyou for sharing!!

ETA: I do get updated MRI's tomorrow, and hoping for more fixable info. I had 3 rounds of PT last year and they never changed anything. (can lift maybe 3 lbs w/out a lot of pain, but most of the WO's that use that weight do moves my body WILL NOT do), can't wait to listen. Wondering if this mentions blocks, because he and other Drs have mentioned them a lot, but i know I've heard in the past that shoulder blocks are dangerous (i can't remember why, maybe leads to more injury, which I wold assume any block does??)

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 07:00 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Oh bless you! I have so many shoulder/neck issues and wanted to spend menopause building muscle and this has put a kink in that plan. I eat up anything I can on shoulder stuff. i don't usually like Chef AJ, but glad this is a video, so easier to find the time to "read". Thankyou for sharing!!

ETA: I do get updated MRI's tomorrow, and hoping for more fixable info. I had 3 rounds of PT last year and they never changed anything. (can lift maybe 3 lbs w/out a lot of pain, but most of the WO's that use that weight do moves my body WILL NOT do), can't wait to listen. Wondering if this mentions blocks, because he and other Drs have mentioned them a lot, but i know I've heard in the past that shoulder blocks are dangerous (i can't remember why, maybe leads to more injury, which I wold assume any block does??)
I don't remember blocks being mentioned. Is that a treatment to block pain, or something else? She does talk about pain. She is offering a free Train Away Shoulder Pain Challenge later this month. It's linked below the video. I'm thinking about signing up for it. I hope you are able to get some relief from your issues soon!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

Old 06-02-23, 01:20 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I don't remember blocks being mentioned. Is that a treatment to block pain, or something else? She does talk about pain. She is offering a free Train Away Shoulder Pain Challenge later this month. It's linked below the video. I'm thinking about signing up for it. I hope you are able to get some relief from your issues soon!
thankyou! You as well. I really don't want the pain blocks, but there's too much to do and handle to not have much arm use. I will look at that challenge before i leave for dr if able. Thankyou so much!!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
Old 06-03-23, 07:27 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

For anyone considering the challenge, here are details from an email I received after signing up for it:

"The challenge will take place daily from June 28th - June 30th, 2023 @ 12pm Eastern Time. Put 90 minutes aside for each of these 3 sessions and attend live if you can for maximum benefit!

All sessions are hosted LIVE on Zoom. To protect your privacy, it is set for you to join with your audio muted and video off.

Recordings will be provided each day in case you cannot make it, but do try to join LIVE so that you can ask questions and participate!"

Old 06-09-23, 12:37 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
For anyone considering the challenge, here are details from an email I received after signing up for it:

"The challenge will take place daily from June 28th - June 30th, 2023 @ 12pm Eastern Time. Put 90 minutes aside for each of these 3 sessions and attend live if you can for maximum benefit!

All sessions are hosted LIVE on Zoom. To protect your privacy, it is set for you to join with your audio muted and video off.

Recordings will be provided each day in case you cannot make it, but do try to join LIVE so that you can ask questions and participate!"
Thankyou so much for the info. Sorry. I've been out of commission (well, sleeping when not busy, etc), so haven't seen posts etc. In PT now and they want me to be very gentle. Apparently its a LOT of little things (he said complex). Rotator cuff is not bad atleast and they want to strengthen it to take pressure off everything else thats going on. (will shut up before I start whining about unimportant stuff) Bless you for posting all this!!!

Tags
rotator cuff, shoulder pain