Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-23, 06:19 PM  
Ann_L

Question What is the exercise equipment?

Hello ladies. I'm forcing myself to get over my shyness to ask a question only this group can help me with.

We bought a new mattress which meant it was time to clear out items stored under the bed. Surely I'm not the only one with exercise equipment under the bed. But I may be the only one who pulls it out and can't even remember what it's for.

I found 2 bars of similar length. One, next to the weights, is my Danskin barbell. But the other one is a mystery. In the close-up, you'll see the other one has 3 holes at each end, and a pin device to put in one of the holes to hold something in place. I have weights for the Danskin barbell, but no other barbell weights. Any ideas what it's for?

Name:	Photo 2.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	4859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 3.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	4860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 4.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	4861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 5.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	4862  
Ann_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-23, 07:09 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I am curious to know what it is too! I wish I could help!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-23, 07:20 PM  
Terry

I think they are both barbells.

Look here:

https://www.amazon.com/Danskin-Foam-...mg_top?ie=UTF8
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-23, 07:41 PM  
Ann_L

Oh, I think you're right. Thank you Terry. Apparently I have 2 barbells I can use with the Danskin weights. And now that they're out from under the bed, I need to start using them again!
_______
Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I think they are both barbells.

Look here:

https://www.amazon.com/Danskin-Foam-...mg_top?ie=UTF8
Old 05-29-23, 10:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i have a Danskin barbell and love it.

you put the plates on, then insert the pin "perpendicularly" into one of the 3 holes. there's 3 holes in case you want to put more plates. that section can hold maybe 3 plates on each end.

the other bar without the holes has a collar (the ring thingy). you can probably fit the Danskin plates on it and use the collar to secure it.

i'm able to use my Danskin plates on another curl bar made by a different manufacturer, but i have plates for that curl bar.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 03:41 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann_L View Post
Oh, I think you're right. Thank you Terry. Apparently I have 2 barbells I can use with the Danskin weights. And now that they're out from under the bed, I need to start using them again!
_______
Ann
Have you been strength training lately, or not really much at all? If not much lately, do indeed get busy with those weights. You got this!
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 01:27 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Hello ladies. I'm forcing myself to get over my shyness to ask a question only this group can help me with. ...
Hi Ann! Don't be shy, this is a kind and welcoming group. Hope to see you post some more!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 10:10 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Hello ladies. I'm forcing myself to get over my shyness to ask a question only this group can help me with.

Anna
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 10:40 PM  
Ann_L

I've been doing some of the gentler workouts I found on Youtube. Jules at Improved Health is a favorite. But I definitely feel inspired to try the barbell again. Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Have you been strength training lately, or not really much at all? If not much lately, do indeed get busy with those weights. You got this!
Old 06-01-23, 10:41 PM  
Ann_L

Thanks for the encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Hi Ann! Don't be shy, this is a kind and welcoming group. Hope to see you post some more!

Tags
barbell, barbells, danskin, danskin barbell