Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-22-23, 09:05 AM  
Vantreesta

I never go in through new posts. I always navigate with the "video fitness reader forum" link but now when I click on it nothing happens. So I'm going to my VF to my subscribed threads and then from there can open check ins and & GD. I'm only having the problem on my phone. The laptop has been fine so far.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-23, 10:22 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabCalloway View Post
Yeah I can't search my old posts. Getting a database error.
Both New Posts and Today's Posts here are specialized forms of search (notice how the URLs end with "search.php?do=getnew" and "search.php?do=getdaily"). Both of those and ordinary searching all yield the same "Database error" message.

People, I hope, know to, can, and will reach the forum through other means--like through the part of that error message quoted below--and shouldn't mistake this problem (significant as it is) for a sign that VF has totally disappeared:

Quote:
Open the forum.videofitness.com home page, then try to open another page.
(I did notice a few instances of an "Connection timed out" problem with general loading of VF pages a few days ago. That problem was affecting VF on at least two different connections and wasn't affecting other sites. Although it didn't last long for me--probably at most a few minutes--it was still more of a problem than I usually find with VF. Otherwise, I haven't had different unmentioned recent problems with VF. In the check-ins recently, a few people have mentioned problems with using VF--some mentions specify these search-related pages, but other mentions don't.)
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-23, 11:05 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Lord knows I don't want to jinx anything but I haven't had any trouble getting on to the site *knock wood* *fingers crossed* etc.

I don't use New Posts. I just get onto VF and hit General Discussion and dive right in. Maybe it's something about New Posts that is causing the error.
Same here.
Old 05-22-23, 04:01 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I reported this thread (the little red triangle icon under your name/avatar) this morning hoping someone can help.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-23, 06:03 AM  
amoodygirl

I can't get into my check-in groups going through the Rotation tab. I gave up on clicking on New Posts.

Anyone have any tricks on how to get into our check-ins?

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-23, 08:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
I can't get into my check-in groups going through the Rotation tab. I gave up on clicking on New Posts.

Diane, when I'm on the VF home page I hit the Video Fitness Reader Forum link and it opens up all the other categories. General Discussion, Checkins & Challenges etc. I just click onto whichever category I want. Hope that helps.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-23, 08:10 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post

Did you subscribe to them? Going through My VF to get to my subscriptions was how I was navigating, but last night things started working normally again, as far as how I usually navigate. Search is still not working for me though.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-23, 09:17 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Did you subscribe to them? Going through My VF to get to my subscriptions was how I was navigating, but last night things started working normally again, as far as how I usually navigate. Search is still not working for me though.
I am subscribed to them but I didn't go through my subscriptions, which I will try. I went to the main page, clicked on the Rotations, etc. tab but it only comes up with anything that had a recent comment. I couldn't get to my Margaret Richard page. I will try this! Thank you!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-23, 10:24 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Diane, when I'm on the VF home page I hit the Video Fitness Reader Forum link and it opens up all the other categories. General Discussion, Checkins & Challenges etc. I just click onto whichever category I want. Hope that helps.
This is how I have been getting in.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-23, 11:46 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Some (or all) of the search features apparently have issues. I keep it basic and navigate using the forum headings (GD, Challenges and Checkins, etc.). The newer posts are the first ones to appear within the headings. This has worked for me!

Hope any issues get resolved!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, tapatalk, vf roost, vf site issues, where-is-wendy?