Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-01-23, 06:57 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Today I did both the Total Body Stretch, as well as the Active Recovery workout.

On a positive note, I loved Cathe's green camo leggings in the Active Recovery workout. Also like that there are modifications suggested instead of doing the "Kneel Kneel Squat Side Lunge" sequence. No way am I "kneeling", lol. So (if there is a next time) I'll do the Alternating Right/Left Rear Lunges with Side Squat/Lunge combo. Even with this modification, it moves too quickly. Cathe's onto the next rep, before I've completed it! And, I'll admit I'm not the most coordinated with "Bootcamp" style bodyweight exercises. Advanced Catheletes would have no problem doing these. But, I much prefer Jessica Smith's style of active recovery exercises, which are probably more physical therapy or mobility exercises with a bit of cardio..
Pam - I had almost the exact same thoughts about Active Recovery, including, as I doing it, thinking “I’m never doing this again; I’ll do Jessica Smith instead.” (But the leggings were great).

There are some who are going to love this workout, but it’s not for me. OTOH, I can’t wait to dig into the total body workouts again.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 12:11 PM  
gigi

I just previewed the ab workouts and they look good. I will most likely finish the summer out with the total body workouts after I finish my Hero II rotation. I may have said this already, but I like the rest time, slower pace, and lower reps. I feel like it will allow me to go heavier. The total body three times a week would allow me to do 2 days of cardio and a 3rd day if I like. We shall see.
Old 06-02-23, 01:01 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I just previewed the ab workouts and they look good. I will most likely finish the summer out with the total body workouts after I finish my Hero II rotation. I may have said this already, but I like the rest time, slower pace, and lower reps. I feel like it will allow me to go heavier. The total body three times a week would allow me to do 2 days of cardio and a 3rd day if I like. We shall see.

Don't forget to add some time in your week for the stretching and mobility workouts, too! Total Body Stretching is quite nice! Once you do the Total Body workouts, you'll realize how much you need those recovery workouts, after lifting heavy weight!

I love, love, love the Standing Abs Metabolic Core workout! So good!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 10:24 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Glad you are getting a replacement! I think that since DVDs are rapidly going the way of the dinosaur they should test on older technology since many people aren’t buying newer players. They probably miscalculated but I’m glad they are taking responsibility—it’s the right thing to do.
I posted on the forums but I need to email them. The glitches throughout that DVD were quite frustrating. I think I would really enjoy both routines so much more once it’s fixed.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 11:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I posted on the forums but I need to email them. The glitches throughout that DVD were quite frustrating. I think I would really enjoy both routines so much more once it’s fixed.
I have heard people say theirs was something they could live with or barely noticeable but mine were so many that I was flustered after I did those routines. I couldn't stand to do that DVD again as it stands now.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 12:04 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I have heard people say theirs was something they could live with or barely noticeable but mine were so many that I was flustered after I did those routines. I couldn't stand to do that DVD again as it stands now.
Same unfortunately. I did send an email to customer service this morning. Waiting to hear back. And I watched the softball game yesterday. Congrats to Tennessee!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 08:48 PM  
bjones

Customer service wanted to know what player I was using. Fortunately I was able to send them a link to the Sony I bought at Best Buy-still available for purchase by the way- that has "HDMI upconversion" with an HDMI port. I was using the AV ports for it since I didn't have spare HDMI port on the TV. It played fine on another TV with a Sony Blu-ray.
I hope the fact that I wasn't using some ancient DVD player makes them realize they need to test their discs on current non blu-rays before blaming ancient technology. Also all my other discs play just fine on the older player. Its clearly a defective disc.
They did say my info was extremely helpful. They will be sending a replacement but said it will take about 2 months.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 08:07 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I think the problems with the stretch workout have something to do with chaptering. On my DVD player, when a workout goes to a new chapter, the numbers on my display panel "disappear" for a split second. With this DVD, that doesn't happen. However, the sound drops for a split second. I don't know how many ways there are to chapter a DVD, but that is unusual for my player.

I'm not having problems with the workout freezing or anything like that, but that sound drop was noticeable. I hope I don't develop problems down the road. My DVD player is a few years old.
Old 06-07-23, 11:32 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

My old thread from 2004:

I don't think I want to order from Cathe anymore...

Old thread. Same old excuses for 20 years.

In that thread I wrote:

"The part about how you ought to be happy if your scratched DVD still works. Or, how it is YOUR fault if it doesn't work in your DVD player.

How about if you bought an expensive new car and it was all scratched up at delivery? And the dealer said, "Sure, it's scratched up, but you can still drive it." I don't think so!

Or, if the car drove great in Iowa and Alaska, but wouldn't drive in Colorado or Hawaii? What the heck?

They need to get their act together. Quit shifting the blame and ignoring problems."

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 12:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

So far my favorites have been the Total Body workouts. Lower Body 1 and Upper Body 1 were "meh" and Upper Body 1 and Lower Body 2 were in the middle. I've done the Foam Roller Mish Mosh (too much "instructional" and roller assist rather than actual rolling for my taste), both Mobilities, the "regular" stretch and the Yoga Mat workout. I liked the Yoga mat workout and can see using it as a gentle stretch.

General thoughts: I wish Cathe had found a way to use the door anchor that she sells in one of the workouts. I'm not installing wall anchors and it took some time to set up for the band exercises. I wish Cathe would cut down on the use of the word "amazing" which was very noticeable to me in the Lower Body workout. If it was a drinking game, I would be passed out at the midway point of the workout.

Overall I am reserving judgment until I've done all of the workouts.

I'm using a Blu Ray player and no issues with any of the discs so far. I plan on trying them in other players to make sure all is well since so many people are having issues.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, cathe presale, cathe sts 2.0, danielpt, pre-sale, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews, troy lite bar