Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-24, 10:33 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hi all!

We're gonna have gorgeous weather today, yay!!

Yesterday was TA Meta Glute level 3 plus Ballet Beautiful Cardio Fat Burn. MHB fried my triceps yesterday, hah!

Manleym, have you tried any of your Ballet Beautiful haul yet?

FN2, I do the same with recipes and YES, less sugar, more lemon! The problem is going from something that isn't GF to what is GF because the flours get really tricky to work with and always are a bit of an experiment. And the recipes I've seen for GF are a tad, well, complicated, at least for this pantser! I'm not good with measuring and all that, I like to fly by the seat of my pants when cooking which doesn't always turn out well with baking, unfortunately!!

Horusosiris, would you mind sharing your recipe with me anyway so I can see if it's something I can work with? There is NOTHING like lemon pound cake and a cup of Earl Grey tea, mmmmm!

LL, I like pistachio too but my husband LOVES it! How are your shoulders doing?

Chele, I'll try to not hold your not liking lemon against you, hah hah!!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-24, 11:04 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:
- Barre3 - Signature with Lisa - 30 min. They lured me back with a 25% discount, hah.
- PBL - Just Five minutes More Stretch With The Band. It was a really nice one

I'm going to cancel my Rise subscription for now. I just don't have enough enough stamina for 1 hour strength workouts, so barre3 is going to be a replacement for this. I'm also thinking about pausing PBL once my first month is over and exploring what is available on YouTube.

Chele, Gin's workout looks fun. I could probably follow her modifier

Kittybug, my shoulders are better, but I don't dare to do anything heavy yet. By the way, what is your favourite Ben& Jerry's?

Waves all!
Old 04-20-24, 01:36 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Ectobug, so I was curious about GF Lemon Pound Cake recipes. I found one that meets my rigorous criteria, which are as follows: Less than (much less than) 30 minutes prep time; Fewer than 10 ingredients (salt and pepper don’t count as part of the 10); No exotic ingredients that I will Never Use Except In This Recipe; No unusual cookery items required i.e. double boiler; Nothing that will take me all day to clean up afterwards. Don’t get me wrong, I can and have used specific and detailed recipes and pans and done some major prep work, but on the whole I am essentially very lazy when it comes to cooking and baking. Those are the main rules!

SOOO, I found one that has a prep time of 10 minutes (yes, I was already in love with it, even if it is a lie since it would take me 10 minutes to gather everything together, pans included, and preheat the oven) and has a total of 9 ingredients, one of which is salt. Instructions are, in a nutshell, mix the dry stuff separate from the wet stuff, individually mix well then combine, throw in a pan and bake. There’s an icing recipe as well that’s basic (powdered sugar and lemon juice) but I’m not sure whether I would put in on there or not. Yes, you do have to measure somewhat, it is, after all, baking and baking = chemistry. I am not overly precise as you probably know from my pumpkin recipe.

I would make it and send it to you but I doubt that it would be any good by the time it got to you. I can send you the recipe if you want it. I’m tempted to try it out first since it could be crappy and I would hate that. The only things I don’t have on hand are the flour and actual lemon(s). Haha I’m all excited and worked up about this!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-24, 01:52 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I’m baaack…..

PP, I’m in for Gin’s Simply Intervals! I actually have the DVD of this one. I think it’s the one where she says “I don’t work (or want to work) harder than this” and it makes me smile. I haven’t done it in ages. I really thought you would suggest the Cher workout—I thought of that since there was a Cher song on the Chris D step I did yesterday!

LL, the last time we were at our favorite ice cream place, I chose, you guessed it, pistachio! It was quite tasty!

CPF, thanks for the link! I’m going to try it after my “main” workout today!

I did the already mentioned latest Cathe Live #491 and modified anything that required me to hold up my weight with my right shoulder. I did some one armed push ups and used much lighter weight on the right side for the other shoulder exercises—kind of like Cathe does. The fact that she still is modifying for her shoulder reinforces my resolve to not do too much and cause an injury that would require surgery like she had. I can’t recall offhand when she had the surgery but it’s been awhile. I still enjoyed the workout—I do notice the later Lives appear more “off the cuff” than earlier ones. I think she is trying to make them seem more immediate and show some of her personality as she ventures more into social media.

Yesterday was a Chris D Saturday Step with Nastia with 80s and 90s music that I didn’t do earlier. It was fun, some good music, some that I’ve heard so many times that I didn’t need to hear again for another 20 years, and I didn’t do those *&^( repeaters that apparently Chris thinks are cute to do when Nastia is there. Yes, I can do them, I just don’t like endless repeaters in a workout that is supposed to be more about choreography than drill based. Haha old lady rant over—she can do them however many times she wants, I will happily do something else instead.

Waves and hugs!!

P.S. DH found a lawn mower that met his exacting standards. I was "the muscle" when we went to pick it up at the hardware store earlier. Those were his words to the guy at the counter.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-24, 02:18 PM  
horusosiris

Today- Strong and Sweaty - Cardio Slam. I have not done this workout in quite a while. This is one of the few workouts where Cathe has the option of demonstrating modification in a window for a brief while or you can do the workout without seeing the modification. I can’t believe how de-conditioned I am. Six months of illness can do that.

Cataddict- I want some pistachio ice creme. I only have a high sugar treat once per month. I have not had my treat for April yet but I am waiting for my birthday.

Kitty- I will send you the recipes via email.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-24, 04:11 PM  
ChelePA

Horusosiris…Cardio Slam is in my April rotation. I can understand the cardio struggle while you are recovering. I was shocked at how quickly my leg muscles atrophied after the accident. It was obvious to all and took a long time to build back.

Cataddict… Mixing things up. I’ll probably pick Cher in the future. Ha ha. Kate and PL will enjoy that.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-24, 05:39 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Popping in after missing so many posts... again! I'm sorry. Thanks to all of you for the nice thoughts about my last weekend and my slump.

I like vanilla ice cream, I like vanilla pudding. I have to admit that Tillamook dark chocolate sounds pretty intriguing. You guys are making me hungry here.

Yes, PL, that is the B the Method with Lia Bartha. I didn't even realize she was doing the gut health challenge but I suppose it makes sense because she claims her method helps with digestion because of the twisting. I have done a bunch of her workouts by now and have never heard her talk about food or diet. She does some talking before the workout starts and answers questions after. I have skipped most of all of that, so maybe she does do some diet talk there. I'm not a fan of workouts trying to promote protein shakes and whatnot, so I'll be on alert for that, but so far I've seen none of it. I'm really liking the workouts -- my body feels great after them. I feel so much taller. Worked out but not beaten up. She has a huge focus on the pelvic floor and neutral spine. I also like that she doesn't think you have to do her method exclusively -- do it to be stronger for the activities you enjoy, she says.

You guys cracked me up with the cloud hypnosis!

cataddict, sorry about all of the breaking appliances, and a new mower to boot?! Love that you were the muscle!! Oh, and I love the CD vertical step workouts I've done -- bet it was fun to try one live (except for your crazy neighbor).

Chele, fun that your daughter had the TS drop "party" -- I haven't heard any of the songs yet. My son listened to one and thought it was ok.

Regarding lemon.... my husband makes lemon ice cubes and puts one in his giant water bottle. One day he asked my son to refill for him, and son puts all lemon ice cubes in -- like four or five. Needless to say hubby didn't drink that round.

Gorgeous day here, too, kittybug. We had a road clean up day, so I was pulling weeds for two hours -- finally got too hot. I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

Funny, when I first pulled up vf today, it must have been an old tab from the beginning of April and Chele was talking about her curling. I don't think I ever commented on that -- it sounded like fun, but I would have been so worried about slipping, too!!

kittybug, I hope you have a less stressful week coming up. I have a crazy one (we're doing an event for climate week at work and we had about three times the number of people sign up that we're able to accommodate, so it could be very interesting. At the end of that day, I'm coincidentally going to see the Giants play that evening. Plus, there's more, but I'll tell you about that after Tuesday. I think I will be very tired at the end of this week.
Old 04-20-24, 05:47 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, I meant to mention that indeed, Lia has no music for her workouts -- she wants you completely focused and she cues very well. I have found (so far) that I'm not missing music at all. If I get dialed in with what my body is supposed to be doing, that may change....
Old 04-21-24, 11:28 AM  
ChelePA

Bee… no music. Ugh!!! That’s why I had to stop doing Caroline Jordan. Great exercises, but I need my tunes

Sundays are usually my cycling only days. Warmed up with a 10 minute Britney Spears class. Followed with a 2 for 1 Brandy versus Monica ride. Still feeling the effects of Covid in this one because the instructors were separated by a glass partition. Added on an 80s express ride as well. Fun stuff! Finished with a short yoga flow, focusing on the hips.

Lots of basketball yesterday. Sixers lost to the Knicks-my husband’s team. It’s been over 30 years since they have played each other in the playoffs. We’re enjoying the competition. I have a feeling my team will be going down in a blaze of glory since Embiid isn’t 100 percent.

Have a wonderful Sunday! Chilly here. Send the nice weather Bee and Kittybug.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-24, 12:35 PM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Bee, Lia sounds like a great instructor, and I'm glad her method works for you I also saw she offers financial assistance for those who can't afford her subscription, and it's not something other instructors I know would do.

Chele, I used to avoid workouts without music, but they have grown on me. The only thing I've never tried is cardio without music. I think it would be sad

Today was 15 min cardio with barre3, followed by Lisa's Spring Into Summer Defined Arms and Fast & Firm Butt Workout. The arms workout used a long resistance band and felt great on my shoulders. And the butt workout kind of killed my butt

We went to the jazz concert this afternoon. I must admit I know very little about jazz, but fell in love with this band a few years ago

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in