Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-02-11, 11:53 AM  
preklbt

P57-frequency

I have been doing p57 for a few weeks, 2-3 times per week. Most other days I am doing cardio-tae Bo, walking & some pilates. P57 has a challenge on their fb page, suggesting you do it 5 times per week. The classic twice a week, the express ones together once a week, then a single express once a week & both boosters once a week. I only have volume one, so they suggest the classic in place of that.

Anyway, that is a lot of p57 for a week & wondered if others have done this & what you thought. I am concerned I would not enough time to fit in enough cardio for the week.

Thanks!
Tami
preklbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 11:59 AM  
momofcha

Might be just me, but I really get a cardio boost from p57. I'm not a cardio fan, so I don't miss anything, but I also feel like it gives me results too

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 11:59 AM  
topfitmama

I've never followed one of their challenges. It seems like waaaay too much P57 and I'm afraid I'd burn out on the workouts and I'm afraid I'd be overworking some muscles.
If you want to try doing p57 5x a week, why don't you do classic 2x, express 2x and booster 1x, adding cardio to the 3 days you are doing the shorter workouts?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 12:47 PM  
preklbt

I think there is a cardio component to P57 too, but I am worried it's not enough cardio-my eternal problem, how often or how much of anything!

I was wondering if doing P57 back to back was good for my muscles? Do they need tine to recover or is that not necessary because it's not a weight workout?
preklbt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p57, physique 57