Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-21, 12:25 PM  
moonbeam31

I saw the infomercial recently. Even though it looks like it was new a few years back..it looks kind of good, but I recently got a pilates bar/stretchy band with handles from 5 Below, which is a cheaper rip off of the Shark Fitness Flexies pilates bar and it looks like it uses the same concept...
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 12:28 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Oh, how could I forget the Simply Fit Board!

https://www.amazon.com/Simply-Fit-Bo.../dp/B0815GDJJJ

I actually liked it, but it kept moving across the floor. No matter what I put underneath. So, I gave it away.
Haha, they have these at 5 Below too! I got it for my 12 year old, but she doesn't even use it! I need to use it myself! Haha
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 01:33 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
Haha, they have these at 5 Below too! I got it for my 12 year old, but she doesn't even use it! I need to use it myself! Haha

Shoot, I could’ve gotten it cheaper.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 09:33 PM  
Marilyn

The Stamina Wunda Chair (not the newer version). I don't even know how many times we have been organizing, cleaning and getting rid of stuff and my husband as pleaded, "Can we get rid of that?" I always said, "No I am going to use it." But I am not. I have finally moved it out of my exercise room and I have probably had it at least 10 years if not more. Trying to decide whether to try to sell or just put it at the end of the driveway. If any of you live in the Chicago area and would like to have it-it's yours.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 11:12 AM  
red1013

Malibu Pilates chair. Tried it a few times, didn't like it. I got it at Goodwill, so it found it's way back there after languishing in my basement for a few years.

And THANK YOU to those of you who are using the Firm Wave in place of the TransFirmer. I have a TF, but the other day I wanted to do Fat Blasting Cardio and make it a little gentler on my knees. The Wave worked great! I really like the Wave workouts but the wobbly side is really hard on my ankles.
Old 06-20-21, 11:19 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
And THANK YOU to those of you who are using the Firm Wave in place of the TransFirmer. I have a TF, but the other day I wanted to do Fat Blasting Cardio and make it a little gentler on my knees. The Wave worked great! I really like the Wave workouts but the wobbly side is really hard on my ankles.
I'm glad that worked for you! Honestly every time I get tempted to work really hard to try to find a used TransFirmer, I remember that the Wave/regular step combo honestly works just fine and is probably gentler.
Old 06-20-21, 01:02 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Moonbeam31, what infommercial did you watch? The one for the Flexies Pilates Bar?

Kat999, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you are having a nice day. // How do you use the Wave with regular step combo, for incline for cardio or just weight, or both? Is it stable? How many risers for the reg. step?

Would it work for this?

Sorry for so many questions!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 06:01 PM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Moonbeam31, what infommercial did you watch? The one for the Flexies Pilates Bar?

Kat999, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you are having a nice day. // How do you use the Wave with regular step combo, for incline for cardio or just weight, or both? Is it stable? How many risers for the reg. step?

Would it work for this?

Sorry for so many questions!
I did Fat Blasting Cardio yesterday and I used the Wave for the incline and my 4 inch step with no risers for the step portions. In that one there aren't any sections that use the full 14" step, but there are in Total Muscle Shaping. You could substitute the Wave or a step with risers for the tall box climbs, depending on how high you want to go. I never go higher than 10-12" for leg presses anymore.
Old 06-20-21, 06:01 PM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I'm glad that worked for you! Honestly every time I get tempted to work really hard to try to find a used TransFirmer, I remember that the Wave/regular step combo honestly works just fine and is probably gentler.
I do love the TransFirmer, but sometimes gentler is the best way to go!
Old 06-20-21, 07:53 PM  
MathTeacher

My MIL called me yesterday and asked if I could come see her today. She said she bought me something at a yard sale. Oh the thoughts you can think....

It is a Chair Gym. Brand new in the box.

Tags
body blade, bodyblade, equipment gathering dust, fitness gadget, gadget fails, gadgets